Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2016 2:49:57 AM EDT
I've wanted one since the first time I shot one. I could hit things with ease, shot one again many years later, same result.  Anything else compare to it?

Currant carry is a USPc.  Not off, just not as dead on for me.  Friend shot it balls deep accurate then handed it back to me.  As a bonus for me, my wife likes the K&K.

Or just pony up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife's dream gun is a P229 Dark Elite.  Every time she handled it though, she believed it would be too big to CC.  Then again, I CC a 226R so...YMMV.  Excellent pistol though.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've wanted one since the first time I shot one. I could hit things with ease, shot one again many years later, same result.  Anything else compare to it?

Currant carry is a USPc.  Not off, just not as dead on for me.  Friend shot it balls deep accurate then handed it back to me.  As a bonus for me, my wife likes the K&K.

Or just pony up.
View Quote

Only negs is its heavy and the da sa is harder to master.  I found it reliable over a good bit of 357 sig and 40
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Sat on phone...damn my butt is large.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The grip is defiantly bigger but not so worried about total concealment as of 1/1/2016 now, and that I hit better with it.  It's bigger, but not that much.  Is there any difference in base vs tricked out as far as functionality.  I'd like night sights but further than that would be icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only negs is its heavy and the da sa is harder to master.  I found it reliable over a good bit of 357 sig and 40
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just pony up.

wish it would have been 9mm, but .40 is what I have standardized on.  da/sa I got, a bit unorthodox to others, but, muscle memory will get it done.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I was always a big proponent of the Sig P228... and THEN my wife got me one of the M11-A1 models... seriously check it out.  

The thing I always hated is that the P228 was prone to rusting, the M11-A1 fixed that with a stainless slide and coated internals, I haven't managed to rust it yet and carry it nearly every day.  It also comes stock with 3 mags and the SRT trigger.. the only mod I've made to mine is the E2 grip because I like them, a lot.

Sig pretty much made the perfect carry pistol in my view.  I THINK they also come in .40 since it's just a P229 without a rail.

As far as DA/SA, I like it... I don't have to worry about accidentally catching my shirt when holstering and shooting myself in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  

As far as DA/SA, I like it... I don't have to worry about accidentally catching my shirt when holstering and shooting myself in the ass.
View Quote

That's kinda what I like about the da/sa and not so much about striker fire.  No one likes getting shot in the ass.  

Have a feeling I will have a 226 inbound this weekend, IWB holster shortly there after.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Shot my 226 for the first time today. Loved it. New favorite 9mm and it isn't close. I'll own another one soon.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I like SIGs new P226/9 Stainless Elite guns with the rosewood grips.  If I had to choose a BBQ gun that wasn't a 1911 or a P&R S&W, one of those would be it.

But to carry and sweat on every day? Give me something plastic-framed, striker-fired, and with a soulless tough black finish.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Sig P226 Elite is what I have and I love it!  Started out with a P228 and did not much car for it till I put the SRT setup in then I had to have a P226.  Great pistol but it has to have the SRT.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:46:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Other than trim, any difference in functionality between the models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top