Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:25:18 PM EDT
In testamony before Congress and at the U.N. today, Secretary of State Powell declared that the situation in Sudan is tantamout to genocide.  The arab Sudanese government and arab militias are massacring the african population.

In order to save countless lives, should the U.S., either alone or as part of an international effort, send troops to help try to stabilize the country?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are the Human Shields when you really need them?  Send THEM to the Sudan!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. Never.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Send Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, and Sarah Brady and give them each a .38 and a 10/22
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Canada has 200 troops it can spare to monitor the situtation.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely fucking not!  We are running out of toilet paper for the world's ass. If the U.N. is so worried about the Sudan, let them send French and German troops in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they have anything of value to our national interest?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
No, too bad the UN is so damn anal about a country hiring merc groups. Its terrible, but we can't get involved.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The oil is in the South of Sudan so no..unless you like goat!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

yeah!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell no.

Let France and the UN handle this.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, so we can have another Somolia...let someone else do it. Besides, it would just be Bush's fault anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope!  Nobody wants us there!  Let them beg for UN intervention, then the UN can send in troops from Wherinthefuckinstan, who will stand and watch as more are slaughtered.  If we send troops, then we might have to hurt someones feelings, and God knows we don't wanna hurt any feelings!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the other members of the UN need to start picking up the slack. We can't be everywhere. France and Germany should pitch in. China has a few billion people... have them send some peace keepers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Sudan says they will attack any foreign troops.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think the other members of the UN need to start picking up the slack. We can't be everywhere. France and Germany should pitch in. China has a few billion people... have them send some peace keepers.

I think China sent in some troops to secure a couple Sudanese oil fields.  But that was awhile ago.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Under different circumstances, yes, I would send some troops as a part of a multi-national force to stop the shithead Muslim extremists from exterminating a people in Sudan.

But we simply don't have the troops to do so without compromising the situation in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as the current commitments we have elsewhere. We are simply stretched too thin to do much. Perhaps we could offer air cover and logistics, but that's about it.

So this one will just have to wait or be taken care of by someone else. There are plenty of European nations that aren't too busy right now (see France, Germany and Spain). Since they love to save the world, here's their chance. Plus, I'm sure there are lots of UN types from various African nations who would contribute. It wouldn't take a tremendous force anyway. Just someone who has something to fight with, as the people being killed in Sudan have next to nothing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Nope!  Nobody wants us there!  Let them beg for UN intervention, then the UN can send in troops from Wherinthefuckinstan, who will stand and watch as more are slaughtered.  If we send troops, then we might have to hurt someones feelings, and God knows we don't wanna hurt any feelings!

What he said! Fuck em!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Can we have a "Quote of the Day".  This is my pick for the first one.

Runner up:

rn45

Absolutely fucking not! We are running out of toilet paper for the world's ass. If the U.N. is so worried about the Sudan, let them send French and German troops in.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe there are UN military monitors there already.

The one thing that might happen is other African countries get sick of it and invade ala Congo.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#21]
We should send neutron bombs.  On a one way trip of course.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]
This is a job for the UN, ie if they can get off their backsides and get something done without the US in the lead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Wait a second.....it's Christians that are being exterminated in Sudan, correct? If so, here is my solution. Arm them! Send em over some cool shit and let em take care of things themselves. Give em mortars, rockets, arty, machine guns and maybe even a few armored vehicles. Send em plenty of ammo and food. If they have anyone who is trainable, maybe even some old M60 tanks if we have any stored somewhere and a few aircraft (fixed wing or rotor). Then let them exact some revenge on their enemies. I'm sure we have some special forces A-Teams who could go in and help train them if need be. The ones who might need more specialized training could be brought here if necessary.

Screw peace keeping. If both parties fighting suck, let em off each other. If one side is good guys, arm them. If they are really good, launch a few airstrikes in support of them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wait a second.....it's Christians that are being exterminated in Sudan, correct? If so, here is my solution. Arm them! Send em over some cool shit and let em take care of things themselves. Give em mortars, rockets, arty, machine guns and maybe even a few armored vehicles. Send em plenty of ammo and food. If they have anyone who is trainable, maybe even some old M60 tanks if we have any stored somewhere and a few aircraft (fixed wing or rotor). Then let them exact some revenge on their enemies. I'm sure we have some special forces A-Teams who could go in and help train them if need be. The ones who might need more specialized training could be brought here if necessary.

Screw peace keeping. If both parties fighting suck, let em off each other. If one side is good guys, arm them. If they are really good, launch a few airstrikes in support of them.

I agree with Chargin_Handle. The Religon of Peace is slaughtering Sudanese Christians. We should sent in some CIA and Special Forces guys to help train and arm the Christians. Then let them do the rest. The Christian Militia's are not going to pull the sort of shit the Muslim Militia's would, i.e Afghanastan and Mujahadem going anti-US.

So arm the Christians, let US churches raise money to arm them too. Hell let's get CBN to raise money to arm them and fund a group from Blackwater to train them to fight. We can get AR15 in on the action too.

We can do our part and stoping the carnage caused by the ROP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#25]
No it's Arabs slaughtering blacks.

It's always been about killing Blacks- Christian, Muslim or otherwise.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#26]
No... this is not on the critical path in the WOT. Let France and Germany, the "great humanitarians" send their troops.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
let the un deal with it. we have troops doing the un's job in iraq
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#28]
No. We should not send any U.S. troops.

Let the u.n. take care of the problem. Two or three years of debate, and passing a dozen or so resolutions demanding that the killing should stop, that will solve the problelm.

Or it will prove that the u.n. is irrelevant!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#29]
As the most powerful nation on Earth, do we not have a moral obligation to intervene to protect those who can't protect themselves?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#30]
No.  We should send in mercenaries.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I need to see the WMDs first.

Fuck it. Let France handle it. We are busy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#32]
The exact same thing is happening in dozens of places all over the world so who do we help first? Nope, let Europe handle their part of the globe if it doesn't effect us.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]
if the UN is good for anything, this is it.  the United States has no business going there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Send Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, and Sarah Brady and give them each a .38 and a 10/22

Imbroglio is back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Absolutely fucking not!  We are running out of toilet paper for the world's ass. If the U.N. is so worried about the Sudan, let them send French and German troops in.

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Not just a no, but a HELL FUCKING NO!!

France and Germany want to wear the big-boy pants and pretend like they're daddy, well by all means let 'em mop this mess up. I get sick and tired of  the intl. community whining and bitching about this or that injustice in the world, but none lifting a finger to do a goddamned thing about it untill we do. FUCK THEM. let the UN handle it and see how big a mess they make out of things.

Of course we'll still be to blame, because we didn't do anything to help. Just like every other situation we get involved in, it's a catch 22. Damned if we do, and damned if we don't. So fuck it, we should do whatever saves American lives, and that is by not doing a damn thing.

/rant off/
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I bet we send troops under the UN Flag.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Let the UN prove they are of SOME value in the world.  (Or the frogs or Germans, take your pick.)

Actually, i like the idea of collecting money in churches to buy them arms and sendeg a few mercs to train them.

+1 on that!!  The UN needs to step up to the plate, we're a little busy right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Let Kerry and the UN go...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Where the fuck is Annan on this?  Isn't he from Ghana?  Hell his home country is on the same continent, so this is his problem.  Where's the UN outrage?  Where's the UN sanctions?  Where are the UN peacekeepers from France?  Wait, scratch that last one, I know where they are  They are still back in France debating on which underwear to issue: tactical shit concealing brown or dual purpose white!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#42]
should we send troops to Sudan..... hmmmm
HELL NO!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#43]
France is on the Arab's side in this one so we should got and help out the Blacks.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#44]
I feel for the Sudanese, but we can only handle so many fronts at a time.  Let the rest of the world pull their weight and do it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Sending American troops would drive the Arabs apeshit. It would turn into a much bigger war. Arabs would pour into the Sudan to fight the Americans.

On the other hand, if France sends in troops, then we would have a chance to kick some French ass. I have no problem with going to war with France...........
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#46]
As bad as it is over there, I don't think it is our problem at this time, we have alot on our plate right now. I do think the world needs to step in not just the US so we can get all the blame. Maybe the countrie in Europe need to take care of the places they once owned and ruled in Africa.

Let the UN and EU stand up for once and be held acountable for something!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
In testamony before Congress and at the U.N. today, Secretary of State Powell declared that the situation in Sudan is tantamout to genocide.  The arab Sudanese government and arab militias are massacring the african population.

In order to save countless lives, should the U.S., either alone or as part of an international effort, send troops to help try to stabilize the country?

NO

Genocide alone does not justify US intevention.

It's a handy rallying cry when you need to invade a country for economic or strategic reasons, but I personally don't approve of us being 'Team America: World Police'... Just because a government is acting in a tyrannical, murderous fashion, or just because there are Muslims on one side of a war does not merit US intervention on it's own.

If the country we're creating, liberating, or saving either (a) has oil or some other significant resource, or (b) is one of the middle eastern dictatorships who's mere existance is feeding Al Queda, then YES, by all means intervene...

Sudan does not qualify on either of those points, as they've managed to 'settle' the civil war with the southern half (which has the oil). They've also contracted with CHINA for pipeline construction and security (Chinese troops, in Sudan, guarding a proposed Chinese pipeline)....

The current situation is IDENTICAL to Somolia, Liberia, Hati or Yugoslavia. Just 2 sets of old enemies fighting a 2nd century war with 21st century weapons.... Not our problem, let the allmighty UN handle it...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Nope...

That war is over... Peace treaty in force betwen the northern & southern parts of Sudan...

This war is between Blacks & Arabs, but both sides are Muslim.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#49]
I am more for it then IRAQ, one war I am  all for is Iran or NK.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Let the UN prove they are of SOME value in the world.  (Or the frogs or Germans, take your pick.)

Actually, i like the idea of collecting money in churches to buy them arms and sendeg a few mercs to train them.

THERE IS A PEACE TREATY IN FORCE BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN SOUTH  & MUSLIM NORTH. THE CURRENT WAR IS BETWEEN ARABS & BLACK MUSLIMS OVER RACE, PERIOD

The day the US Christian community buys guns for Muslims is the day hell freezes over...

Think about it...

You probably couldn't get this SITE to donate to help a Muslim, based on the threads before...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top