Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:20:56 PM EDT
The show "Shootout" on the History Channel is going to air the North Hollywood shootout tonight at 800 PM central.  
Great show

Perry
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only seen parts so I'm watching.  9pm Eastern time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry... but what is 800 PM central converted to EST or Arizona time?

EDIT: The bunny man above me said 900 EST. Can anyone else confirm this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Arizona is two hours behind central time, if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Those guys had to have been clueless bozos to have that kind of firepower and not kill anybody.

Thank God.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Those guys had to have been clueless bozos to have that kind of firepower and not kill anybody.

Thank God.

+1. It's a miracle they didn't kill anyone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

It was wierd to see.  Do you think these idiots ever really planned to get out of there after pulling "the job?"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

It was wierd to see.  Do you think these idiots ever really planned to get out of there after pulling "the job?"

I would say so, but I think they were counting on a running battle and not to be pinned in so soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't arranged to get more people on the AWB bandwagon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]
bump.  This looks good
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't arranged to get more people on the AWB bandwagon.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone else get sick of hearing, "we were just outgunned" or "they had more firepower than us"? Do they not know what the 47 in AK-47 stands for? 1947! It's been around for 50+ years, so be prepared for it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

You don't need to be much of a "tin foil hatter" to think that.  Although both perps are dead, we never found the source of the firearms like we did in the case of John Allen Mohammed/John Malvo A.K.A. The Beltway Snipers.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Where can I get one of those Delta Force tactical shopping carts?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

You don't need to be much of a "tin foil hatter" to think that.  Although both perps are dead, we never found the source of the firearms like we did in the case of John Allen Mohammed/John Malvo A.K.A. The Beltway Snipers.  

I was being facetious.

It still wouldn't surprise if that turned out to be true though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm tuned in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Rock & Roll.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Just one .308 much less a .50BMG.  You have to chose to be out-gunned.  Idiots!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
If you guys ever get a chance to go to the LAPD museum they have the mak90's, G-3, and M16 they used on display.  the G3 took a round in the magwell and the Bushmaster had the pin drilled for the auto sear and a LE marked beta mag.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
An AK firing .223 armor piercing bullets, or so they say.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I was just gonna comment about the AK firing .223
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]
They walked out "Spraying" fire!!  

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

Run out of tin foil? Their running a special here at our local HEB on reynolds, I can send ya some. Just picking with you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yep, I heard that as well. Further note, did they really use drums or 30 rnd. mags?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Perry,
Tell me you recorded it...
I think I will get a dish for the Winter!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I heard that as well. Further note, did they really use drums or 30 rnd. mags?

They really had drums.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#26]
This one is alot better than the one they had on the discovery channel
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone just catch the guy firing the AK without even touching the trigger lol It was recoiling but his finger was pointed straight out
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
This show is just shy of absolutely fucking worthless. Every other sentence is "armor piercing". .223 armor piercing rounds from AK's?

Like was said before, LA cops should be thankful they couldn't shoot for shit and had no tactics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

+2

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#30]
What the hell is an M-15?  223 out of an AK?  Oy vey this show is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This show is just shy of absolutely fucking worthless. Every other sentence is "armor piercing". .223 armor piercing rounds from AK's?

Like was said before, LA cops should be thankful they couldn't shoot for shit and had no tactics.

Yeah, i caught that about the AKs too.

They said the M16 they had was a Bushmaster, is that true?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, i caught that about the AKs too.

They said the M16 they had was a Bushmaster, is that true?

Yep, illegally converted BM
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Thank God.

I've heard they were big fans of "Heat". Maybe they were even bigger fans of "The A-Team."
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Never knew it was a stovepipe jam on Phillips' AK that stopped it from working. LAPD was lucky the dumb fuck couldn't clear it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Never knew it was a stovepipe jam on Phillips' AK that stopped it from working. LAPD was lucky the dumb fuck couldn't clear it.

Damn unreliable AK's

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#36]
IIRC the machineguns were smuggled in from Mexico. Anti's don't want anyone to know that so it stopped being reported.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Was that a Beta on the M-16 used by the last remaining bad guy?

Edit:  Why did History Channel blur out the LAPD patches and logos on their cars?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
What the hell is an M-15?  223 out of an AK?  Oy vey this show is stupid.

Bushmaster XM15E2.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Dumbasses.
Fire 1100 rounds and not kill anyone???
I'm suprised they didn't have Mini-14s and Mr. T driving their vehicle with that kind of a record.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Thank God.

Why would they not just run up and assault the cops??
They had the fire power?
Glad they were stupid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Perry,
Tell me you recorded it...
I think I will get a dish for the Winter!

No, but it will be on again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Edit:  Why did History Channel blur out the LAPD patches and logos on their cars?

Was this doing the recreation video or the actual video? If was during the recreation, I'd wager that they were prop police cars that've been used in numerous other movies and/or TV shows with those PD markings on them and didn't want to pay to change them?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was this doing the recreation video or the actual video? If was during the recreation, I'd wager that they were prop police cars that've been used in numerous other movies and/or TV shows with those PD markings on them and didn't want to pay to change them?

It was on the recreation video.  The patches on the uniforms didn't appear to be LAPD ones (you can kinda see through the blud).  However, the logo on the cruisers appeared to be accurate (again, you can kinda see through the blur).

Maybe next time someone will bust out their Glock Foh-Tee.

Edit:  Hey, its post # 380!    
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Armor piercing bullets,military ammunition ,armor piercing ,
armor piercing .....

SHUT UP about the freaking ammo !

It doesn't matter what your shooting out of an AK at 50 feet ,
It's going through soft body armor.

I would wager that in fact if they were using soft point
civilian manufactured ammo,several of those wounded
would have died instead.

I saw some close ups of the weapons used a while back.

A lot of those AK mags were US made ,some even plastic.
That may well explain the jam.

I find it downright mirraculous that non of the LEOs involved
were killed.

One last thought though.
These guys were warring ski masks without any armor
underneath.

I understand that people are under stress when under fire
(I've been there)
but why didn't anyone shoot these guys in the face ?
Several shotguns were fired using buckshot at around
50 feet.

Perhaps they need some serious range time ?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Those guys came out of the bank expecting to meet no resistance.

When they did, they fell back on their firearms, which they thought would save them, but didn't because they were not properly trained.

They were two bank robbers who finally fucked up and got killed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Thank God.

The narrator was a clueless bozo also .....

He said the rounds from the AK47's were "223".

Also, he kept referring to the bullets as "armor piercing, the kind that can penetrate cars".

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

The narrator was a clueless bozo also .....

He said the rounds from the AK47's were "223".

Also, he kept referring to the bullets as "armor piercing, the kind that can penetrate cars".

I nearly rolled off the couch.  Holy shit!  AK-47 .223 rifle bullets go through cars!!!!  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!!!!!   I'll bet all a lever action 30-30 would get through is two sheets of cardboard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I have seen AK-style rifles in 5.56mm.  Arsenal's SA M-5, for instance.  Norinco also made one, if I recall correctly.  That's not to say that these jokers used these particular rifles... but it is possible they had an illegally converted 5.56mm AK style rifle.  And, I see "armor piercing" ammunition in 5.56mm on Gunbroker all the time.  Now whether the advertisement is true or not is another matter... but I see it advertised as such, and have for years.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#49]
The history channel may need to be bombarded by emails stating their inaccuracy and the fact that a LOT of us are displeased with their inaccuracy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#50]
The History Channel is getting worse everyday, what happened to Tales of the Gun, it's being replaced with the history of toasters and lubricant.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top