Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 7:07:43 PM EDT

...it's really pretty good.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I am on a list for a local market research company where they sometimes do beer taste tests or other focus groups.  I usually don't bother unless it's beer and pays well.  I was called for a focus group to test market that beer.  I too thought it was not bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Complete with steampunk sunglasses
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Complete with steampunk sunglasses

You don't have steampunk sunglasses in your bug out bag?

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've tried 2 other types of shock top.
Lame and gack. (in that order)

Life is too short for bad beer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
it's owned by Budweiser
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
It has chili in it? Does it have beans?  
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
it's owned by Budweiser

Indeed...bud trying to creep in on the craft brew market.  They recognized most consumers are too ignorant to do research.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually thought it wasn't too bad.  Has nothing on the Blue Moon Winter Abby Ale though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

it's owned by Budweiser

Indeed...bud trying to creep in on the craft brew market.  They recognized most consumers are too ignorant to do research.

They have the advantage of an established distribution system. I wanted Spaten. But a shit gas station in shit town Nebraska didn't fucking have it. So, between Shock Top, Busch Light, and Bud Light, guess what I chose.

It's really pretty good. I don't have to have the best of the best every time I want to get drunk.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It's decent is about all I'll give it.  The pumpkin wheat is also fair.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
it's owned by Budweiser

They have the advantage of an established distribution system. I wanted Spaten. But a shit gas station in shit town Nebraska didn't fucking have it. So, between Shock Top, Busch Light, and Bud Light, guess what I chose.

It's really pretty good. I don't have to have the best of the best every time I want to get drunk.

Bud Light?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's owned by Budweiser

Bud Light?

Busch Light. That's what the pros drink. Duh.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Water

Hops

Barley (or wheat)

Spices are for cooking, not brewing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Stone Brewery has a brew for 12-21-12....

that would probably be an arfcom brew

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
it's owned by Budweiser

Bud Light?

Busch Light. That's what the pros drink. Duh.

I wouldn't give Busch Light to my worst enemies.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's owned by Budweiser

I thought it was Michelob or are they owned by bud as well.  Either way
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#17]
No beer snobbery here... I'll drink it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Coincidentally, that's what I was drinking last night.  It's good.  IMO, saying "Spices aren't meant for beer" is pretty much the equivalent of saying "Glocks weren't meant to be any caliber except 9mm."  The proof is in the pudding.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I found a 6-pack. It is pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:47:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Haven't tried this one yet, but it is on my list.  Shock Top Belgian Wheat, Rasberry Wheat, Lemon Shandy, Pumpkin Wheat are all kickass though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:57:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's owned by Budweiser

it's not an expensive beer, so who cares

I like shock top, it's really good with an orange
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not a fan of wheat beer. More for the rest of you though.

+1  Wheat beer is not for me.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:07:53 AM EDT
[#24]
On tap it is fabulous!  

Out of the bottle ....no where near as good.  Blue moon is better out of the bottle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
On tap it is fabulous!  

Out of the bottle ....no where near as good.  Blue moon is better out of the bottle.

I'm exactly the opposite.  I don't really like blue moon out of a bottle, but on draft it is heaven.  Shock Top was a wash for me tap vs. bottle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top