User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:23:16 AM EDT
Has this been done already?

Fun begins around 0:33

Shark Capsizes kayak for fishing - Angler Swims For Life Then Catches Shark
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this like pig hunting with a butter knife?   Just so you can say you did it kind of thing?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So rooting for the shark.

I am dissapoint.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am dissapoint.
View Quote
LOL.  probably the fastest that guy has swam in a while though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Some days you just need to cut the line and admit defeat.  Like when the thing you caught is larger than your vessel and very hungry and very angry.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't even like kayaking in a lake.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh, the support boats make is seem staged.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
He needs a bigger boat.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Already made the rounds of the fishing forums, it's staged.  Lots of folks are pissed at the guy actually.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh, this isn't the video I was thinking of. 

There's an even 'better' shark vs kayak video, let me see if I can find it. 

Here, watch this one. You can see the dorsal fin of it swimming away in the horizon
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Already made the rounds of the fishing forums, it's staged.  Lots of folks are pissed at the guy actually.
View Quote

Staged? You're telling me that was a stunt shark? 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
what the hell would you do with it once you got it to the surface anyways? tire it out and drag it's ass to shore?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what the hell would you do with it once you got it to the surface anyways? tire it out and drag it's ass to shore?
View Quote

Unhook and release.

That guy had no business being out there in a kayak like that, let alone trying to get the fish that close to him before fatiguing it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#13]
No matter what you do, How much fun you have, or how dangerous it may be.
Some one is going to bitch about it and say you had no business doing it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They fought it from the boat and tired it out. They then put numbnuts out there in a kayak with the rod and started the camera.   Note how he has the drag winched all the way down and the shark isn't taking any line but simply pulls the kayak?

The dude actually admitted it in the fishing forums after posting the video.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it before, it made the rounds of all the clickbait websites.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They fought it from the boat and tired it out. They then put numbnuts out there in a kayak with the rod and started the camera.   Note how he has the drag winched all the way down and the shark isn't taking any line but simply pulls the kayak?

The dude actually admitted it in the fishing forums after posting the video.
View Quote
that's pretty fucking gay.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The dude actually admitted it in the fishing forums after posting the video.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it before, it made the rounds of all the clickbait websites.
View Quote

Oh, wow that's stupid.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Full drag on a giant shark in a kayak, moran.

At least play him for a while with lighter drag to calm him down and not flip your kayak.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#19]
That was me on my very first outing. Went out with a group of seasoned dudes 2.5 miles out and hooked into a 5-6' bull shark. It took me for a ride and scared the shit out of me had to cut the line about 5' foot from his mouth as I was about to be flipped. Baptism by fire.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Too bad it wasn't this guy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#21]
He's gonna need a bigger boat
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#23]

This guy game me a ride like that one time. It's no shark, but it was a fun fight.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am dissapoint.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
He seems like a bright guy
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck that. I'll stick to fishing from my boat.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/jerrwhy/JerrysDrum.jpg

This guy game me a ride like that one time. It's no shark, but it was a fun fight.
View Quote
NICE!  What's the rule on over-sized Drum in FLA? We have to tag them here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/jerrwhy/JerrysDrum.jpg

View Quote
Nice!  I bet that was fun.  Kayak probably had a wake behind it.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
So the pet shark was in on it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#31]
You ain't stopping no hungry nigga.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  And if not staged, still ridiculous.  I go kayak fishing all the time and never felt the need to have a big motorboat to launch from and stay nearby.  Defeats the whole purpose.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
IBTL
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

IBTL
View Quote
That's fucking retarded. I can say ass fuck cunt cocksucking motherfucker, but that one word means a lock?

We give it way too much power by doing that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
IBTL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL
and warning. Ask me hoe i know
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I know nothing about catching sharks, but I'd bet that's because you would have zero chance with a fresh one while in a kayak.
View Quote
It's not that difficult if you know what you're doing.  That guy was just a moron.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know nothing about catching sharks, but I'd bet that's because you would have zero chance with a fresh one while in a kayak.  Similar to the picadores sticking the lances into the neck muscles of a bull to be fought by the matador.  Without the prelude there would be no chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know nothing about catching sharks, but I'd bet that's because you would have zero chance with a fresh one while in a kayak.  Similar to the picadores sticking the lances into the neck muscles of a bull to be fought by the matador.  Without the prelude there would be no chance.
Not sure of that's the right comparison to make in this place, I think there are more people who understand a bullfight on DU than here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We had a thread (with predictable results) a week or two ago, so the reference was deliberate.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure of that's the right comparison to make in this place, I think there are more people who understand a bullfight on DU than here.
We had a thread (with predictable results) a week or two ago, so the reference was deliberate.  
Dang it.

Just when I think I spend too much time here, I find out I miss another classic thread.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I was kayak fishing in the Gulf on Tues and saw some big dorsal fins as I trolled past a large school of bait.

A couple hours later I hooked a nice bonita.  It was about 20' below my yak when it made a crazy run and pulled a ton of drag.  When I got it to the yak the only thing left was the head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top