Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:46:36 PM EDT
So I had a big bid go out today, $8.8 mil electrical package.  One of my instrumentation subcontractors came in with a price almost $400k lower than his competition.  This raised some flags, so we checked with the State Contractors License Board.

Hmmm.  Seems his contractors license expired at the end of March.

Yeah, thanks for the quote, but I think I'll file it in the old round file.

Problem is, I know somebody used his number and it cost me the job.

Asshole.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I had a big bid go out today, $8.8 mil electrical package.  One of my instrumentation subcontractors came in with a price almost $400k lower than his competition.  This raised some flags, so we checked with the State Contractors License Board.

Hmmm.  Seems his contractors license expired at the end of March.

Yeah, thanks for the quote, but I think I'll file it in the old round file.

Problem is, I know somebody used his number and it cost me the job.

Asshole.

Turn the fucker in.  I'm a residential GC and I would tear my subs head off for fucking me like that
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you ask him about it?  Did he let his licence lap due to no work?  Was he planning on reinstating it as soon as he cot a job?  Is it just a matter of him sending in a check for renewal?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Did you ask him about it?  Did he let his licence lap due to no work?  Was he planning on reinstating it as soon as he cot a job?  Is it just a matter of him sending in a check for renewal?

Yeah, I called him.  His license was suspended pending the outcome of a lawsuit.  Lawsuit has settled, but he just keeps forgetting to send in the re-instatement paperwork.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I called him.  His license was suspended pending the outcome of a lawsuit.  Lawsuit has settled, but he just keeps forgetting to send in the re-instatement paperwork.

Ah.  Possible red flag there I would say.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, if he's too lazy to resubmit, then it's probably good riddance. Sucks that you lost the job though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top