Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 3:25:18 PM EDT
A woman awakes during  the night to find that her husband was not in bed.  She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen  table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep  thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wiped a tear from  his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter, dear?", she  whisper's as she steps into the room, "Why are you down here at this time of night?".

The husband looks up from his coffee, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he  asks solemnly.

"Yes I do" she replies. The husband paused, the words  were not coming easily. "Do you remember when your father caught us in the  back seat of my car making love?"

"Yes, I remember" said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband  continued ... "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter, or I'll send you to jail for 20  years?"

"I remember that too" she replied softly.  He wiped another tear from his cheek and said, "I would have gotten out today."

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top