Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2002 8:33:29 PM EDT
OK.  I really dig RRA stuff.  I am building my SPR-B with some RRA parts and on a RRA lower.  Anyway, they are only one state away in Illinois, so figuring on cutting a fat hog in the ass, I order the hi-rise scope mount from them (via phone, about 2pm-ish).  Later that evening, after COB, I ordered a Knights picatinny bipod adapter from Fulton (Florida) and a mil-dot scope from Midway USA.
This was all on Thursday last week, and my goal was to assemble and shoot the upper on Monday.

Saturday:  Scope is in from MO, no scope mount.
Monday: Adapter is in from FL, no scope mount.
Tuesday:  No scope mount.
Wednesday:  NO SCOPE MOUNT!

Is this pretty normal for them?  Sleep during the day, so have a hard time with business hours, but I think I'll stay up this morning long enough to call.

Aw, hell, don't mind me, I'm just whining.  I want to assemble mah new schtuff!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this pretty normal for them?
View Quote

No.  Give them a call.  I have been VERY pleased with their customer service.

Tate
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
YES... They suck and have no regard for the members of AR15.COM!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Anti, I assume that you are being facetious?  Are you affiliated with RRA or is there some other reason for the sarcasm?  Not flaming, I thought maybe you were, but I am not sure, I haven't been on the board for real long, and I am certainly not a regular like some around here.

I am just trying to get a handle on if this is unusual.  Why call if nothing is actually going haywire with my order?  No flame on you or RRA at all....like I said, I love RRA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey Anti, I assume that you are being facetious?  Are you affiliated with RRA or is there some other reason for the sarcasm?  Not flaming, I thought maybe you were, but I am not sure, I haven't been on the board for real long, and I am certainly not a regular like some around here.

I am just trying to get a handle on if this is unusual.  Why call if nothing is actually going haywire with my order?  No flame on you or RRA at all....like I said, I love RRA.
View Quote

Do a search for the 2002 LEGP rifle for a few months back or more. RRA screwed the members pretty bad IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered that same scope mount from Donnie at Sable Co. ($40.00) and had it in three days.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Anti. RRA's customer service SUCKS!!!  Every time I tried to call them, I couldn't get through.  No one answering the phone.  My local dealer tried calling them and left a message on their voice mail.  Two days later he called them back.  They told him they never check it.  They make good products but you're better off buying from one of their dealers.

Marty
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
TheKill,

Dude, be prepared to wait alot longer.  I had my dealer order me a stripped RRA lower, which he ordered direct from them.  I just got it yesterday, after 5 1/2 weeks of waiting.  Didn't check for mag fit before assembling the lower, and now I find that 1/2 my mags won't drop free - the magwell is very tight.  This is gonna be a 9mm, so the mag issue may not be that big, but it is just about worthless as a 5.56/.223 if I ever wanted to swap some things around.

I would have been better off ordering from Gunsmoke and finding someone to do the transfer (this dealer won't...), but I noticed he started stocking RRA stuff, and I like to order something from him every once in a while.

Rocko
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Dudes, I called RRA at 0900 Thursday.  The woman on the phone asked for my order info, hollered back and forth to somebody else a couple times, then told me "it's ready to go today".  To be fair, they sounded like they were already crazy busy.  I wonder if that has anything to do with being a very good AR/M series manufacturer during a shooting war?  
I think I will call them back today.  If it hasn't shipped I will order it from Sableco.

My FFL ordered my lower reciever for me, he can get it cheaper than me setting up the deal and transfer!  However, he said the wait will be 1-3 weeks.

I can't wait to get this rifle done.  It os going to friggin rock!  I will post pics.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
there has been alot here about their crappy service.  I really hat that because I love their guns.  They better listen and wake up!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do a search for the 2002 LEGP rifle for a few months back or more. RRA screwed the members pretty bad IIRC.
View Quote

I did that, but I didn't find anything. Could you fill us in?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, not only did they ship it by today, I received it today at 1500!  They must have shipped it immediately yesterday.  I am pretty pleased.  
Now that you mention it, I do remember something about them backing out of the hero rifle.  That is a bummer, but I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I don't know the ins and outs of what went wrong with the hero rifle deal, but I am glad Armalite stepped up.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Just to put this into perspective...

Who has gotten a AR from Colt lately?

Armalite? The last I heard they won't have any till June/July...
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#15]
when i called bushmaster a few weeks back for a 14.5 inch M4 upper i was told they wouldnt even take my order, to call back in 4 to 6 months...WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top