Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2005 7:07:52 PM EDT
OK first of all I need proof, a ATF letter would be nice.
I'm getting a divorce. The soon (not soon enough) to be x-old lady wants me to "liquidate" all of my weapons in order to give her her money out of the divorce setlment. A lot of my shit is built on 80% receivers, is there ANY WAY that I can legally sell these? When I buy a weapon from a FFL he has to call in the serial number and manufacturer to the state police, when I sold a rifle to a FFL he called in to check if it was stolen, so how will this go when I walk in and say "there are no numbers"? Now I'm thinking I can sell it, so long as it's not for a livelyhood, BUT (if it is) will any FFL toghch it with the 10' pole? I could do a FTF,but..........

So can I get the answer? ATF FAQ does not specifically say I can sell them, only that I can build them, for personal use I guess.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
This is an atf letter link.

link 1

link 2

link 3

This a site that discusses the letter.

link 4

You can call your regional ATF office and talk to one of their field officers.  The ATF people are the most professional law enforcement officers that I have ever dealt with.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK first of all I need proof, a ATF letter would be nice.
I'm getting a divorce. The soon (not soon enough) to be x-old lady wants me to "liquidate" all of my weapons in order to give her her money out of the divorce setlment. A lot of my shit is built on 80% receivers, is there ANY WAY that I can legally sell these? When I buy a weapon from a FFL he has to call in the serial number and manufacturer to the state police, when I sold a rifle to a FFL he called in to check if it was stolen, so how will this go when I walk in and say "there are no numbers"? Now I'm thinking I can sell it, so long as it's not for a livelyhood, BUT (if it is) will any FFL toghch it with the 10' pole? I could do a FTF,but..........

So can I get the answer? ATF FAQ does not specifically say I can sell them, only that I can build them, for personal use I guess.

"Oh Im sorry Ex-Hun but it is illegal for me to sell those as do not have a license to manufacter them for sell."

Heh its worth a shot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a compliacted subject and I have seen people argue to they are blue on both sides...

here are some more links:

1919a4.com/cgi-bin/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/002612.html

1919a4.com/cgi-bin/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/005900.html

There are many others on the web but the 1919a4 guys with the money they have invested in their toys are a little more reliable of a reference then guys building a $200 AK... JMHO

Now as for your ex... they are not worth any money...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top