Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:36:10 PM EDT
Ok, so I hear that you shouldn't be swapping B/BCs from upper to upper.

So why do most of the uppers I find on the EE come without B/BC/CH?   Can I get a good reason for this?   Obviously, most of us are el cheapos and want to save when we can, but seriously!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  Not even one response.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Stupidity?>
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Stupidity?>

Yeah, you can put any b/bc/ch in any upper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupidity?>

Odd..

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=263787
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont get it either. who t f is gonna put all that shit on an upper when you can buy one complete for the same cost
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupidity?>

Odd..

Well they're not machined to match a certain upper and anyone that says so is full of shit.

You can put any bolt, carrier and charge handle in any upper.

Again, they're not matched to the upper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupidity?>

Odd..

Well they're not machined to match a certain upper and anyone that says so is full of shit.

You can put any bolt, carrier and charge handle in any upper.

Again, they're not matched to the upper.

that's why that make these amazing little magical thingies called "headspace gauges"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So why do most of the uppers I find on the EE come without B/BC/CH?   Can I get a good reason for this?   Obviously, most of us are el cheapos and want to save when we can, but seriously!

You shouldn't swap them around, but buying a new bolt and putting it in an upper is fine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You shouldn't swap them around, but buying a new bolt and putting it in an upper is fine.

+1

thats what i have thought: a new bolt/carrier should be fine for a used upper....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
They can be interchanged IF THEY ARE WITHIN SPECS. Don't assume that the parts are within specs. Always check headspace.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They can be interchanged IF THEY ARE WITHIN SPECS. Don't assume that the parts are within specs. Always check headspace.

That is a page straight out of 'Nancy-Boy Gunsmithing 101'. A real man slaps whatever the hell bolt group in an upper and lets his buddy shoot a mag through it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a page straight out of 'Nancy-Boy Gunsmithing 101'. A real man slaps whatever the hell bolt group in an upper and lets his buddy shoot a mag through it.

but you have to hold his beer, if his head gets blown off, hey you got a free beer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top