Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 8:38:42 AM EDT
Have you noticed that there has been so much media coverage of OKC, but nary a peep about Waco?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Have you noticed that there has been so much media coverage of OKC, but nary a peep about Waco?

that's because OKC is much harder to debate
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Everyday for two months and more after that. How is that nary a peep ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyday for two months and more after that. How is that nary a peep ?

Are you talking about in here?  Of course it's discussed regularly here.

I said in the media.  I haven't seen anything about Waco on the news shows.  If it's been getting regular coverage, I guess I've been tuned in to the wrong channels at the wrong times.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard even the slightest mention of Lexington, MA on the news, either.

I'd be willing to bet that 90% of Americans have no idea of what happened there on this date.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I haven't heard even the slightest mention of Lexington, MA on the news, either.

I'd be willing to bet that 90% of Americans have no idea of what happened there on this date.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.britishbattles.com/images/concord-lexington/british-troops-l.jpg

Most public school children have no idea what the British were after when they marched on Lexington and Concord.

That information is curiously absent from the textbooks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My daughter, who turned 10 today, knew!

She also knows what happened at Waco and OKC....unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.britishbattles.com/images/concord-lexington/british-troops-l.jpg

Most public school children have no idea what the British were after when they marched on Lexington and Concord.

That information is curiously absent from the textbooks.

I was living in Walpole, MA during the bicentennial, and I remember that in April, the Boston Globe's weekly magazine was solely devoted to Lexington/Concord. DAMN, I wish I had saved it, because it was extremely well done. The school I was going to also took us on a field trip to the freedom walk. I wonder if anybody even bothers anymore...

My daughter, who turned 10 today, knew!

Good on her! (and you, too--I doubt she got that information at school)
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Did Janet Reno realize what date it was when she ordered the assault on the compound because of a purported arsenal was on the same day as the British attack on Concord to destroy a reported arsenal?

Looks like she had forgotten her history...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top