Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:30:51 PM EDT
Disclaimer: The Information and images displayed here are based entirely from news reports, images, captions and video clips. This is unfortunately all we have to try to determine what exactly transpired in New Orleans, other than official announcements. If you beg to differ with what is shown here, please offer evidence to the contrary rather than subjective opinions.

WARNING: This thread is not intended to be an indictment or judgement of any group of people, agency or individual.  Please be forewarned that any posts of Police-bashing or suggestions of harming or killing any person or group will result in your account being locked. Please keep your posts within the COC of this forum.  Thank you.***Edited<va-gunnut>***

UPDATE:
******FRIDAY 9/16/2005 UPDATE: NRA PUTS INVESTIGATORS ON THE GROUND IN NEW ORLEANS****
click link to read story

IN the aftermath of the Hurricane named "Katrina", and the complete devastation of the New Orleans Police Department, law abiding citizens rose to meet the overwhelming tide of lawlessness and looting by courageously defending their lives and property, and standing their ground. The NOPD was largely ineffective in the early days, isolated and decimated in numbers, with those officers still on duty fighting unprecedented looting and violence in many precincts. Many Law abiding citizens resilient enough to stay and survive made a stand against the chaos in several parts of the city, securing their neighborhoods and homes in the absence of official Law Enforcement presence.

On September 8th, Lousiana State and New Orleans city officials announced an edict to disarm ALL law-abiding citizens in New Orleans, under the pretext of "security"

"Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons"
"No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns, or other firearms"  

- P. Edwin Compass, New Orleans Superintendent of Police.

But New Orleans Mayor Nagin stated he would not enforce the firearms seizures
on civilian security contractors, they would be "exempt".

The New York Times was among the first to report these restrictions.

Numbers of Law Enforcement Officers from many States brought in initially to secure the city and control lawlessness were redirected to enforce the order to search for and seize all firearms from law-abiding citizens in the stricken City of New Orleans, even from their homes. Many would carry out the controversial order.

Residents were removed from their homes and handcuffed like common criminals while Law Enforcement searched for and seized all firearms from their homes, which in many cases were dry and safe.

Even businesses such as this Pawn Shop that were locked down and weathered both Katrina and the looting fell prey to the firearms seizure order.
Michigan State Police.

Federal Government assets in the city also enforced the orders. DEA.

A number of citizens resisted the orders to remove their only means of defense in the chaotic city.
AShton O'Dwyer, a prominent Maritime Attorney, was later reported to have been arrested by CNN.

Some citizens fired shots in defense of their homes against the forced entry and firearms seizures.

In the end, all who were reported to have resisted the seizure seizure order
were ultimately detained and divested of their arms.

Despite LT. General Honore's assurances that the National Guard would not participate in the search and seizure, news video captured National Guard soldiers breaking and entering into citizen's homes, ostensibly to search for holdouts.

Amid conflicting promises that no one would be forced out, some residents were disarmed and forced from their undamaged and dry homes.
Officers forcefully disarmed and removed the now injured elderly Patricia Konie of New Orleans from her home after following reporters in, and being asked to leave.
She had committed no crime.

Gun Owner's Advocates such as the NRA began to respond with outrage
as they learned of the seizure of law-abiding citizens's arms.

In the end, Law-abiding American citizens were stripped of the constitutional rights that courageous Americans for more than two centuries have given their lives for, as the mainstream media turned a blind eye on these reprehensible events, and America looked on.

These Days of Infamy are a shameful chapter in the history of The United States of America.

LET US NEVER FORGET!

News Articles and Statements in PDF Format (right click and save target as):
seems as if this has been largely quashed - but no one is denying the order.

New York Times

ccrkba news release

Reason Online - Defenseless on the Bayou

nraila.org News Alert

Gunowners.org - Media, Politicians keeping Gun Confiscation Quiet
With the mainstream media now ignoring these events, it is not known if the arms confiscations and mandatory evacuations have been stopped, or if they continue. Some State and City Governement officials claim they have stopped. There has been at least one case of firearms being returned, but many of no returns. There has been an anecdotal account by an LEO of confiscated firearms being disassembled and thrown in the water, or distributed among rescue workers, but this cannot be confirmed.
Anyone who has any positive knowledge of the the current situation in New Orleans please post an update. Thanks, _DR
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was going to be about the Harry Turtledove book about the Invasion at Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
damnit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
shit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to throw up.

HH
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for sharing!

Now what comes of this?

If nothing...it only paves the way for more next time...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for sharing!

Now what comes of this?

If nothing...it only paves the way for more next time...

We move on, support those groups who ensure our rights, spread the word of what happened in N.O., watch the heck out of our own city and state officials, vote them out of office if necesssary, and above all, never forget!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I thought this was going to be about the Harry Turtledove book about the Invasion at Pearl Harbor.

Fixed the title
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Why didn't they use their guns, thats what there for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank God for steel core.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#14]
good post!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Mother Fucker!
What have we come to?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Great post.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you, _Dr.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I will always remember this.

Thank you for posting the collection.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#20]
"Superintendent of Police" can make laws?

I hope that a Lawer ism  collecting all the video footage from No and is going to contact all of the law abiding people so a class action suite can be filed on illegal actions taken in the name of "protecting the people".
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Some did, too few against too many,
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone got any ideas what we can do as citizens to push this issue as high as possible?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You know, it's not like they could lose their homes and get fired from their jobs over it....

They had nothing to lose but their guns and their lives. Since we all die anyway....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah, right. When you've got your wife and kids, and yours & hers parents etc with you, you're going to shoot it out? Come on get real. See what happen in Waco.

This is a preview of what will happen in future diasasters. The very 2nd thing to be done will be confiscating legally owned guns. This happened during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots. LAPD cruiser would come by and even thought the owner of gun is "up & up," the LAPD confiscated the gun and then left scene. After that, the citizen was left with zero defense, and looter ransacked his business or home.

BTW: 2 things, a word to the wise, during the 1992 L.A. riots. People who was supposed to be able to take possession of their firearms after meeting the then Calif 15 day waiting period(its now down to 14 days) were prevented from doing so, even thought there is no provision in the waiting period law to do so, and later the Calif. Supreme Court ruled it legal. This is in clear violation of then existing law. These people finally took possesion of their guns 7 days later.

Various local entities also has a ban on the sales of ammo 5 days before July 4th and Jan 1st. Los Angeles also banned the sale of ammo during the 1992 riots.

You have been warned.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Shouldn't the ACLU be fighting for those people's rights?

Lessee now. How many crimes did the JBTs committ against that old woman.

1) Trespassing
2) Theft
3) False Imprisonment
4) Kidnapping
5) Various Civil Rights violations (search & seizure, 2nd amendment, etc)
6) Assault

All crimes were comitted while in possession of a firearm (they were all armed), which, I think, is another felony on its own - for each crime listed.

Where the fuck is the ACLU when ya need em to protect your rights??? Where is Jesse and Louis?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Can you imagine how different the news coverage would have been had Patricia Konie, (the old lady) been black.  

A sad day for the Republic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been a cop for over 12 years, and I honestly never thought I'd see this day.  This is some f'ing BULLSHIT.  I hope the law-abiding citizens who had their houses broken into without warrants and their private property seized sue the ever-loving CRAP out of the city, state, and federal governments.  Nice to see the head of a notoriously corrupt department declare that the peasants will now be disarmed by force.  I have a serious case of the ass.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Time to turn Neighborhood Watch into NEIGHBORHOOD MILITIA.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Gosh, just makes you want to say the pledge of allegiance, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I hope the law-abiding citizens who had their houses broken into without warrants and their private property seized sue the ever-loving CRAP out of the city, state, and federal governments.

The sad part of about it is that it is all tax money to begin with whether it is from the city, state, or feds, it's still my money. This was the only thing the govt could do and still let the sheeple know that the govt was doing something about the lawlessness
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#31]
If they are going to act like Nazi's ("I was just following orders") they should be hung like Nazi's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, right. When you've got your wife and kids, and yours & hers parents etc with you, you're going to shoot it out?

Send the family out with orders to get away as quickly as possible.

Look, dude. We're all going to die. Dying isn't the big deal, it's the part about living in servitude that bugs me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thank God for steel core.

I guess that XM855PD is looking like a good deal now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#34]
This is why I have no intention of really getting married or having kids.... A possible war is coming. It's either that or we all bow down like obedient little sheep and surrender our freedom to tyrants.

What SHOULD have happened is an envoy should have gone to Louisiana and shot back. Gotten EVERYONE involved. The more people the better. That's what should have happened. It'd have been a big wake up call. In fact it'd have probably started a hell of a battle causing some of the local "militia" groups to wake the fuck up and actually storm the city(hey they may be just wannabes, but nobody smiles when they see the "crazy person" coming at them with a gun).

The fact that nobody did anything is testimony that when mass gun confiscation happens the majority, regardless of how John Wayne they try to make themselves look, will simply give in. Reason being is because there is no mass-communication between groups. Gun owners willing to fight back keeping in touch with gun owners in other cities. If shit happens in one city everyone goes there and raises hell, etc. A response network to mass confiscation, but of course everyone's too fucking lazy to do it. Oh well. We have the government we deserve. Laziness brings tyranny.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#35]
We're in trouble.  The enemies of liberty and freedom are vigorously active and already on our soil; Al Qaeda operatives and the government alike.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Bob Barr is an ACLU rep and is pro-gun............Maybe someone should contact him about it............It's a complete travesty and un-American, yet we have come to this........surrender your rights to protect yourself for the good of the public and your own good........Sad day indeed  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Does LA have CCW?

CCW and Open Carry!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I read this post and I'm stunned
This is not America anymore

It's something else I don't know what

Only a very small amount of the population sees clearly

The rest are asleep

How could this have happened ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
All you fuckers out there reading this can blow me.

You know who you are.

Yeah, you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Sad. This deserves a permanent tack.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I read this post and I'm stunned
This is not America anymore

It's something else I don't know what

Only a very small amount of the population sees clearly

The rest are asleep

How could this have happened ?

easily people took their rights for granted and became so used to this tyrannical system now that they'll fight to protect it. The change was over 200 years(I personally believe began when the National Bank was established, direct violation of constitution) so believe me, they had time to get used to it. This way of life is "normal" and accepted by them. They don't see anything wrong with it because they've never really looked or researched. It's routine and after a hard day's work the last thing they want is to deal with politics. Not when they have the beer in the fridge, the air conditioning, the automobile and the television set.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for the pics . Like ERIC the HUN that is all I can say for now. I was all most banned for making a comment on this whole deal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+1  Captures it all so concisely.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Great and disturbing post. Well done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
This is why I have no intention of really getting married or having kids.... A possible war is coming. It's either that or we all bow down like obedient little sheep and surrender our freedom to tyrants.

What SHOULD have happened is an envoy should have gone to Louisiana and shot back. Gotten EVERYONE involved. The more people the better. That's what should have happened. It'd have been a big wake up call. In fact it'd have probably started a hell of a battle causing some of the local "militia" groups to wake the fuck up and actually storm the city(hey they may be just wannabes, but nobody smiles when they see the "crazy person" coming at them with a gun).

The fact that nobody did anything is testimony that when mass gun confiscation happens the majority, regardless of how John Wayne they try to make themselves look, will simply give in. Reason being is because there is no mass-communication between groups. Gun owners willing to fight back keeping in touch with gun owners in other cities. If shit happens in one city everyone goes there and raises hell, etc. A response network to mass confiscation, but of course everyone's too fucking lazy to do it. Oh well. We have the government we deserve. Laziness brings tyranny.

Well, we're all here. Lead us, general.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, right. When you've got your wife and kids, and yours & hers parents etc with you, you're going to shoot it out?

Send the family out with orders to get away as quickly as possible.

Look, dude. We're all going to die. Dying isn't the big deal, it's the part about living in servitude that bugs me.

The flooding exacerbated the situation, normally I would, but where would you send your wife and children and elderly parents, everything is flooded or inoperative? And you've got the LE people doing dynamic entries to "boot." A bad situation made even worse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sad. This deserves a permanent tack a response we can't talk about.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Clearly 4th Amendment and 2nd Amendment rights were violated here

I always thought that I saw clearer than the sheeple

I can't believe that LEO ( from other states no less ) and National Guard ( I'd like to know from where )
participated in this

Here's the proof that this can happen anywhere in the US

I'd like to know how many homes were Illegally searched
                      how many citizens were actually arrested
                      how many were detained and had their firearms confiscated      
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top