Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:05:48 PM EDT
Filing in for Carbine man.
This is a short one but a good one. Should we be argumentative and proud when preaching the truth? It shoudl be evident in our speach what our motive is. Pride or love. FWIW I needed this scripture right now more than anyone.

2Tim. 2:24-26
"The Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to
everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must
gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance
leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to
their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them
captive to do his will"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
This forum is my workbench to help me learn how to do that.

If I can learn to be civil, patient and gentle over teh internet, I can be almost certain to do so in person.

The verse that preceeds the text you cited is also instructive -

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Here's another interesting take on it -

Pr 26:4 ¶ Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him.
5 Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Another nice verse from II Timothy that us Christians need to keep in mind... especially in this forum with so many athiests:

II Timothy 3:15,16
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
the above also goes well with Titus.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top