User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

Originally Posted By Marshmellow:

Thanks...

So this means he was NOT in the woods outside the school.

So who was the "suspect" in the woods if there was even one?

There are eyewitness accounts of someone (in camo?) being dragged from the woods shouting that he wasn't involved, my guess is someone unrelated to the shooting, is it still hunting season in CT?  

(just checked, shotgun season is closed, still bow and muzzleloader season)

I thought i read a few pages back that the woods surround the school on 3 sides  and that like most places you cant hunt within so many feet of a school.......i could be wrong though
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks...

There are eyewitness accounts of someone (in camo?) being dragged from the woods shouting that he wasn't involved, my guess is someone unrelated to the shooting, is it still hunting season in CT?  

Where are the sources for that story?  I've seen it repeated here, but no links.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ContrarianIndicator:

Isn't it disgusting to know that there are many politicians who are actually eager for these events to occur so they can push their policies?

The President was holding back tears in his press conference. He is obviously very upset by what happened.  I am sure it suits your fantasies that Obama secretly dreams about children being murdered so he can try to push some anti-gun agenda that he doesn't really have.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NUCdt04:

Summary of the situation:
(at 4.45pm EST 12/14)

he (Ryan) was in NJ - not in the woods (from the look of the pic)  

vs

CT State police are running the show now
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Thanks...

Where are the sources for that story?  I've seen it repeated here, but no links.

I just saw on CBS that a parent saw the police with a man in camo walking out of the woods in handcuffs

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GIJoe] [#7]
Originally Posted By hdhogrider:

Just saw that and updated, thanks.  

If he was in NJ the whole time, why the hell would he post that he was on a bus headed back home? Could it have been a city bus, not like a charter bus from CT?

Uhhh maybe he lives and works in NJ?

Talking head said the ballless fucker might have had his brother's ID on him.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers for the Children....and Adults......

Hang on to your shorts, it going to get real bumpy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By djbradley:
Giuliani bringing some sense to the discussion.

Yes he did.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By hdhogrider:

Just saw that and updated, thanks.  

If he was in NJ the whole time, why the hell would he post that he was on a bus headed back home? Could it have been a city bus, not like a charter bus from CT?

I read that as a bus* from his job to his NJ apartment.

(*If he worked in NYC he would have probably taken one of the many private van "buses" that shuttle people through the tunnels between NYC and Hoboken.)
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Skullbussa:

There has already been a notice to knock this shit off.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]
On Drudge:

<tt>

<tt>
Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of  gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities
that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a
"personality disorder.”  Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as
"odd” and displaying characteristics associated with
obsessive-compulsive disorder...
</tt>
</tt>

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BushBoar:
We need to have a serious conversation in this country about mental health.[

Yep...I don't know how, either.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By pilotman:
Originally Posted By Eric802:
According to howmanyofme.com, there are 10 Ryan Lanza's in the U.S.  So let's not play Junior Detectiand go putting up the facebook or twitter feed of every single one.

No shit.  Don't we have a member here that caught a bunch of grief because he had the same name as the Aurora shooter?

VT iirc  

both.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MILLERLGT82:
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Thanks...

I just saw on CBS that a parent saw the police with a man in camo walking out of the woods in handcuffs

K, thanks.  Went to hug my daughter and did all I could to keep it together
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
So the Facebook replies from Ryan, the first suspected shooter were real? And he did not know what his brother had done?

Is there any word who the person in the woods in camo was that they arrested?

I bet it was whichever brother that wasnt inside because he said "I am not the shooter."
Id bet he planned all this 'massacre' stuff out with his brother like columbine then bailed on the plan once it came time to pull triggers or the police showed up.

There is enough conjecture in the media please don't add to it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By DanTSX:

(at 4.45pm EST 12/14)

vs

I was talking specifically about the pic above my post of the brother being hauled by the police - CT state police patches are different as well

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Enlightenme556] [#19]
Cops didn't fire.

1 survivor, that was injured.

They're not saying how the shooter died

From the press conf

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ErikO:
What's the bet that rather than explore Reagan-era under or non-funded mental health programs we will hear more about gun restrictions?

'Reagan-era under or non-funded mental health programs'?

What we ought to hear about are NCLB era Special Education programs that allow obvious miscreants to skate through the system with accommodative preference due to questionable diagnoses like 'autism' (right up there with AD/HD and bipolar in the general BS level), instead of getting them in the criminal justice system where they belong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Isn't it disgusting to know that there are many politicians who are actually eager for these events to occur so they can push their policies?

The President was holding back tears in his press conference. He is obviously very upset by what happened.  I am sure it suits your fantasies that Obama secretly dreams about children being murdered so he can try to push some anti-gun agenda that he doesn't really have.

Did you MISS his statement committing to an Assault Weapons Ban IN THE DEBATES?

Yeah, he DOES have an anti-gun agenda.  The only people who deny his own words are those that are lying FOR him.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#22]

You may want to read what happened on Page 41, the parts in Red in particular.  There are other threads available for religion/politics and asshattery.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By DuraToTheMax:

Why can't the media seem to locate a firearms authority who isn't a complete idiot on the subject?

"The difference between semi-automatic and automatic is splitting hairs"

"These were HUGE rifles"

Yeah, these were BRUTAL BRUTAL Weapons. These people they get so called experts are hardly that.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#24]
police:

Shooter will be identified at a later time.

One shooter right now.

Will not discuss the type of the weapons.

Parents are fully informed.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]

The POTUS has been on the record as a gun control advocate in the days before he was actively in politics. Its established fact.

Now, anyone with a shred of decency can have significant empathy for the people directly involved in this.  However, I don't pay politicians to empathize. I pay them to cold-bloodily analyze the data and come to conclusions, to be turned into policy. Politics as group therapy writ large is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Zaphod:
Originally Posted By J75player:
Originally Posted By Xlr8torZ28:
this is a horrible tragedy...
I am eager to hear why this kid wanted to kill his mom and if he was mentally ill or something. At least in the reports I have been reading, none of them have stated "assault weapon"...
I wish they would get over the whole gun control crap and let teachers start carrying in schools.

you cannot do what he did and NOT be.

I dunno, man. Some people are just plain ol' EVIL...

I suppose "evil" would fall under "or something.
but F'd up to be sure
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Screechjet1:

Nor I.  

Because whatever we do, needs to fit within constitutional parameters.

We need better healthcare for mental illness, recognition of it as a true disease. The stigma needs to be done away with so that people can seek treatment without feeling shunned. People need to encourage people to seek treatment.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#28]

(at 4.45pm EST 12/14)

vs

I was talking specifically about the pic above my post of the brother being hauled by the police - CT state police patches are different as well  

Ok, I follow.  Sorry, this thread is moving really fast now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#29]
this is sad, i hope the media tries to help out the families instead of blaming gun control this time
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a cousin with Aspergers. He would hurt small animals, masturbate in class(spec ed), and had to be locked in his room at night so he would turn he stove gas on. Chased his sister with knives, beat up his little brother. If Rain Man was evil.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BWood:
Evil lurks in many places

I only wish that people had the means to prevent or stop this type of evil when it is upon us.  

I lived in Connecticut for years.  They have the assault weapon ban, as does nearby New York.  Very tight gun control in both states.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  Gun laws merely prevent law abiding people from protecting themselves and people around them.

This type of evil is why I have carried for as long as I can remember.  

I expect this to be more common place as the stresses in our society manifest in those unable to handle the pace / stress of modern day life.  When we have a crappy economy...the chances of this happening increase dramatically.  I expect more and more of these events to occur sadly.  No gun law will prevent this from happening.  

The only thing that will prevent events like this from happening is people becoming fed up, and putting an end to these themselves.  

How sad it is that our schools and other areas that are "gun free" have become shooting attractions for evil people with captive victims.

Prayers out to all

so true
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
On Drudge:

<tt>
<tt>Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of  gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a "personality disorder.”  Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as "odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder...</tt>
</tt>

Lots of people with that disorder in this world.  How do you keep them from exacting violence on others?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Have to start in the schools.

When kids behave violently, they need to be treated like the time-bombs they are, not accommodated.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By paris-dakar:
What's the bet that rather than explore Reagan-era under or non-funded mental health programs we will hear more about gun restrictions?

'Reagan-era under or non-funded mental health programs'?

What we ought to hear about are NCLB era Special Education programs that allow obvious miscreants to skate through the system with accommodative preference due to questionable diagnoses like 'autism' (right up there with AD/HD and bipolar in the general BS level), instead of getting them in the criminal justice system where they belong.

not wanting to derail the thread, but how the fuck are autism, AD/HD, and bipolar BS disorders?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Nor I.  

Because whatever we do, needs to fit within constitutional parameters.

Some widespread skepticism of the concept of medication as the fix to every behavioral problem, and some due diligence by parents instead of blindly agreeing to drugging their kids would be a really good start.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#37]

This...what a fucking disaster.

In 1990, I had a psychiatrist tell me that the Reagan mental health cuts would blow up in our face. I didn't realize how right that guy was until the movie mass shooting, and this.

What opened my eyes was VA Tech.

We need to have a serious conversation in this country about mental health.

+1...the mental health system today gives you a name for your problem and sends you home with some pills...which the mental patient stops taking after a few days.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By TheLion:

Ryan LAnza's FB page is back up Link

So I'm guessing if he was taken into custody he is released or LE is combing over his page

His friend count is down to 106 from 130 some this morning.

Profile pic has been shared 14 thousand times.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Ok, I follow.  Sorry, this thread is moving really fast now.

yep - post work rush

no worries - just hoping to get as accurate as we can of course
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By widerstehe:
Originally Posted By 583:
What on Earth would compel a man to murder twenty children ?

Satan.

But 98% of arfcom will disagree and call me out for saying so.

Even though you're right.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Fucking shit.....watching their local news feed, can't believe how many media are there.  

http://www.wtnh.com/subindex/video/watch_us_live
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#42]

We need to be willing to spend the money to institutionalize people who need it.

But that won't stop these events.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Any word If Blackhawk101's wife, who was subbing there at that school today ok and safe?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By pilotman:

Originally Posted By Eric802:

According to howmanyofme.com, there are 10 Ryan Lanza's in the U.S.  So let's not play Junior Detectiand go putting up the facebook or twitter feed of every single one.

No shit.  Don't we have a member here that caught a bunch of grief because he had the same name as the Aurora shooter?

VT iirc  

The other James Holmes posted here but months after the shooting

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#45]

You think that lying piece of shit can't fake some tears when he wants to push an agenda?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Any word If Blackhawk101's wife, who was subbing there at that school today ok and safe?

yes posted earlier she's ok

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#47]
yahoo is reporting suicide, im not 100% on that, i knew a lot of teachers that were packing heat, praying this is the case
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MILLERLGT82:
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:

Originally Posted By Mongo7382:
I know the husband of the principal who was killed.  He was one of my elementary school teachers...

Tell him some guy you don't know from Adam on the internet wishes to extend his deepest condolences.  

Add me to the list, prayers sent to him and his family

My family also Chad Becky Bailey Forest and Hannah have them in our prayers

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#49]

This...what a fucking disaster.

In 1990, I had a psychiatrist tell me that the Reagan mental health cuts would blow up in our face. I didn't realize how right that guy was until the movie mass shooting, and this.

Just had a long discussion with a nurse about this. It's terribly expensive to treat mental patients to modern standards. Back in the day they'd just medicate them until they were Zombies and check on them daily.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By imq707s:
Damn....why is it so hard for the media to report facts, and not just something to entertain people until the real facts are discovered.  The media coverage of this tragic event is disgusting !!

I agree, but the media is just feeding the public what it wants.  

Yeah, we SAY we don't want up-to-the-second information, but in reality...more often than not, we do.  That's precisely why we now have a 24/7 news cycle.  

Given that dynamic, much of the preliminary info we see is going to be false.  It's the price we pay for wanting to know everything now, now, now.
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top