Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:43:05 PM EDT
Time Warner Cable had a free advanced screening this evening, so the sammich maker and I braved the cold to go see it.

Security was fairly tight for a movie, guys with handheld metal detectors spot checking the crowd. Not sure what good spot checking does short of getting people to turn around and leave. I got up to the line and he went to wand me and I just raised my eyebrow  and looked down at the external concealed pocket on my 5-11 fleece. I'm guessing he picked up that I was telling him there was a handgun in the pocket. He asked me if I had any recording devices on me and asked me to turn off my cell if it wasn't. He then gave a discrete nod and told me to enjoy the movie. Pretty sure I recognize him as a deputy sheriff, probably working off duty security for holiday cash. I thought that was pretty cool of him given this is NYS. Yeah I know, cool story bro.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good. The female elf was yummy , and it is worth seeing in 3D. Worth going to see, better than most trash the studios put out these days.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up with no spoilers
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing they were checking for recording devices, if the movie gets out on the internetz before opening weekend.....huge loss.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Raised eyebrow and knowing look?

He probably waited in the bathroom for you all night.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm guessing they were checking for recording devices, if the movie gets out on the internetz before opening weekend.....huge loss.
View Quote
To this day I still don't understand the mentality of "if someone sees a crappy potato recording of our movie we are fucked..." that Hollywood has...

I remember once in the barracks I woke up to one of my roommates watching one of the Austin Powers movies that had just came out, literally that same weekend.  It looked funny enough that when another Marine walked in and said "Hey, you want to go see Austin Powers?"  I said yes.  Chances are I would have not gone.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Raised eyebrow and knowing look?

He probably waited in the bathroom for you all night.  
View Quote

No, I looked, the female elf made me horny and the sammich maker refused to give me a popcorn bucket handjob because there were little kids in the row behind us. Fucking kids!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that was my thought too, but he was going to ind something else if the want went over my left breast pocket.

I was kind of surprised when I tipped him off that he didn't pull me aside. I don't look like a cop, well maybe one 20 years on the job and approaching retirement.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I may take the latest victim to see it this weekend.  2nd date.

Glad you give it the thumbs-up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top