Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 10:43:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
On a freeway this could get nuts in a hurry. Hate to see baby ducklings get slaughtered, but on a freeway ? Like you said, what the fuck is mama thinking ?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They need a sign like this, but for ducks.

[img]pweb.netcom.com/~mattja/pics/eb_sr905.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It's east bound 905 at the Picador Blvd. exit, down there between I5 and I805. South San Diego area.

But I've seen that sign all over San Diego County, as far north as Carlsbad, if not further.

Now, who could accuse the US of not being neighborly?

BTW, for you people not from California, it's a sign warning motorists to be on the lookout for families of illegal aliens running across the freeway in the middle of the night. Many have died that way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen a couple duck X-ing signs.

That other sign is pretty funny though.  Think I'll put a cow catcher on my car.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Around 5am one morning on a semi-busy freeway, I swerved "over" a cat that was on it's back with feet kicking back and forth.  The cat's head was facing oncoming traffic and you could see the glow in the eyes.  I didn't hit the cat because the Mountaineer cleared it, but the next car that came by would have turned it into minced meat pie filling.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, are there any other border states that have these ridiculous signs?  Obviously put up at taxpayer expense.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#8]
The two saddest animal sights I've ever seen include one similar to yours:

1)In Dallas, there is a road with two ponds on either side.  A mother duck attempted to cross but one of the chicks was killed.  The mother duck just kept leading her chicks back and forth in the street by the dead chick because she didn't want to leave it. Heavy traffic.

2)  On a 105 degree day in Texas, I saw a kitten in the middle of the blistering service road that had been run over across the back and tail section.  The kitten was stuck to the half melted road tar meowing it's head off.  Just sad.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Alright then...

One time on my way to work, I clipped a Tom Daschle with my car.  It was just like an explosion of Tom Daschle feathers in my rear view mirror.

Yeah, I like this "substitute a liberal in a story about animal tragedy" stuff...

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's all well and good, but how are you going to get the ducks to read it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are kidding, right?  Pedestrians aren't supposed to be on a limited access road.  Is this saying if you hit a pedestrian on an expressway, you are at fault?  

Hasn't this thing with ILLEGAL immigrants gone too far?  Why are so many people concerned with their well being?  They are ILLEGAL, after all.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Less than a month after getting my new truck, I hit a bill clinton...not a bad sized one...10 points. Anyway, I hit the bill clinton in his hind quarters and he spun around and wound up hitting the side of my truck causing damage to both the front and driver's side.

The worst part was old bill suffered on the side of the road until a Sheriff's Deputy came to fill out the accident report and put bill clinton out of his misery.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#15]
A few weeks ago I was driving and as I crested a hill in a wooded area, I noticed a huge branch down blocking most of the road on the left and a good sized Diane Fienstein creeping along the right side of the road.  I was moving too fast to stop and had no choice but to hit her.  When the car rolled over her, you could hear her hard shell crack under the weight of the vehicle as it squished the life out of her...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They are kidding, right?  Pedestrians aren't supposed to be on a limited access road.  Is this saying if you hit a pedestrian on an expressway, you are at fault?  

Hasn't this thing with ILLEGAL immigrants gone too far?  Why are so many people concerned with their well being?  They are ILLEGAL, after all.
View Quote

No no, you've got it all wrong.  Here, I blew up the image so you can see it better:

[img]http://greghavener.com/images/mexicans.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#18]
SNorman,

Now that made my day.
LMFAO
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SNorman,

Now that made my day.
LMFAO
View Quote
Now thats funny! There is a town in Ok.that houses mental patients. There are signs on the hiway that says "Caution Hichhikers may be escaping inmates". I saw that one had been "revised" to read " Caution hichhikers may be escaping taxpayers" Sorry this is an inside joke in Oklahoma...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I was buzzing up to the Flagstaff area a few months ago when one of those John McCains flew right out in front of me (I'd heard he was an aviator) and I nailed him while doing 80MPH. Feathers flew all over the place, kinda like when you hit a dove. Love the way they "explode" when you nail them. (NO, I'm not some sick, twisted S.O.B., but the doves here in AZ seem to like to play "chicken" with the cars on the highway. I think they like to ride the updraft off a fast moving vehicle. Sometimes, they misjudge it)
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No no, you've got it all wrong.  Here, I blew up the image so you can see it better:

View Quote

That's Great! [:D]
I need to drive out that way so I can play too!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One afternoon, I was running lots of back and forth errands, and I saw a dead squirrel in the road.

On the way back, there was another squirrel standing over it.

Next time by, there were two dead squirrels.

Finally, on the last trip, there were 3 dead squirrels.  All vitrually on top of each other...  

Ritual suicide?
View Quote

Actualy the little bastards are cannibals.They'll eat meat given the chance.Even if it is Mom or Dad.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why are so many people concerned with their well being?  They are ILLEGAL, after all.
View Quote

I think people were concerned about having a human hood ornament, which, you know, can dent the Buick and all.

Naw, they just want people to be on the lookout for our downtrodden brothers and sisters from south of the border.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

What you chose to name your pic is just as funny as the pic itself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There is a town in Ok.that houses mental patients. There are signs on the hiway that says "Caution Hichhikers may be escaping inmates". I saw that one had been "revised" to read " Caution hichhikers may be escaping taxpayers" Sorry this is an inside joke in Oklahoma...
View Quote

deadeye47....just wanted to let you know that a former Oklahoman appreciated your joke.  They have those signs around the prisons, too.  Always made me wonder about the security of those prisons.  I mean, if the escape rate is so high that they have to post signs on the highway about escapees.....  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Once I was heading down the 5 freeway heading home after working grave shift in Fullerton. Down in Santa Ana I came around a curve at about 95+ in my VW GTI and saw a freshly splattered black and tan Schumer laying in my lane. I hit the thing, nearly going airborne. After getting home, I looked for damage under the car and found it coated with blood and Schumer fur. Gross...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top