Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:53:23 PM EDT
My wife was watching it. I was goofing on the web, and managed to avoid observing any moments of physical intimacy.

The guy who died - the dark-haired one - did he die when a tire exploded, as his wife said, or was he fag-bashed to death, as the hazy video accompanying her phone conversation suggests? If the latter, had he degenerated into a randomly cruising crankhog?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My wife was watching it. I was goofing on the web, and managed to avoid observing any moments of physical intimacy.

The guy who died - the dark-haired one - did he die when a tire exploded, as his wife said, or was he fag-bashed to death, as the hazy video accompanying her phone conversation suggests? If the latter, had he degenerated into a randomly cruising crankhog?

ask the wife
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good story. I'd stick to it...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You saw bits and pieces?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
what bits and pices did you see?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what bits and pices did you see?

Twigs & berries, looked like. You know, wedding tackle.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh for Christ sake guys, just go rent the movie. It's really not a bad flick and there are only two or three ICKY scenes. Just go get you beer during those. The rest of the movie has a good story line with excellent acting.

I promise, it won't make you ghey if you watch it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Oh for Christ sake guys, just go rent the movie. It's really not a bad flick and there are only two or three ICKY scenes. Just go get you beer during those. The rest of the movie has a good story line with excellent acting.

aahhhh nooooooooo!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Beaten to death.  Cover story was that the "spare tire exploded".

Take out the gay and it was a pretty decent western move.   Anne Hathaway is hot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Gay coyboys eating pudding.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
That movie had some of the best gay cowboy sex I have seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That movie had some of the best gay cowboy sex I have seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I had every intention of finally watching it tonight. The second time the blond guy came into the tent and they started lip locking I had to turn it off. Just couldn't do it.

What I don't get is WHY? I've slept in a tent with another guy a number of times on camping trips. Never once had a thought of snuggling up close. Why are we supposed to believe these two cowpokes decided to go to the freaky side? It seemed to happen so suddenly, like once the seal was off the idea, they both just jumped into it. I didn't get any plot development that even suggested that. I just didn't find it credible.

Hell, if I didn't have an inkling of what was going to happen I would have assumed that one of them would have gone after one of the sheep first . . .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Its ok you can tell us your ghey....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Watching Brokeback Mounain voluntarily  = potentially ghey.

Enjoying Brokeback Mountain =  "wheres the bathhouse?"
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, you're gay.......didn't even have to read your post......amazing aren't I........
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I had every intention of finally watching it tonight. The second time the blond guy came into the tent and they started lip locking I had to turn it off. Just couldn't do it.

What I don't get is WHY? I've slept in a tent with another guy a number of times on camping trips. Never once had a thought of snuggling up close. Why are we supposed to believe these two cowpokes decided to go to the freaky side?

Maybe they were gay.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Uh-huh. sure you did.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#19]
They were sheep herders, not cowboys!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's right, because you will already BE gay!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh-huh. sure you did.

You know, just 'cause I made you stay on your end of the couch, that's no reason for you to get bitchy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I don't get is WHY? I've slept in a tent with another guy a number of times on camping trips. Never once had a thought of snuggling up close. Why are we supposed to believe these two cowpokes decided to go to the freaky side?

Maybe they were gay.

OK, I hadn't considered that . . .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm so happy to say that I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh-huh. sure you did.

You know, just 'cause I made you stay on your end of the couch, that's no reason for you to get bitchy.

Never saw it so can't help.

However I might go watch this.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1

Quoted:

Beaten to death.  Cover story was that the "spare tire exploded".

Take out the gay and it was a pretty decent western move.   Anne Hathaway is hot.

I can't say that I've researched this in detail, but they do leave it kind of nebulous.  From Wiki:

An unspecified amount of time later, a postcard Ennis sent to Jack is returned stamped "Deceased." In a telephone conversation, Lureen tells Ennis that Jack died while changing a tire that exploded. Her explanation of the incident is overlaid with images of Jack being beaten brutally by three men; it is possible to interpret this as either Ennis's fear of what actually happened (inspired by his experience of the homophobic murder in his childhood) or a portrayal of what Lureen knows to be Jack's real fate, the account she relates being a sanitized version of her husband's demise.

So it's really left up to the viewer how he dies.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
That movie fucking sucked.  Yup, I watched it - but I got laid after it for the first time by my still present gf.

I kinda tried to watch it with an open mind, but I thought the whole thing just kinda lacked.  The plot was fucking boring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I am very proud to say I have never seen that movie.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't believe Heath Ledger could make up for taking on that role,  I haven't seen BBM, but I saw the Dark Knight.

Heath Ledger redeemed himself.

Flame away.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
That movie fucking sucked.  Yup, I watched it - but I got laid after it for the first time by my still present gf.

I kinda tried to watch it with an open mind, but I thought the whole thing just kinda lacked.  The plot was fucking homoboring.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Does your screen name mean something we should know about?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#34]
do you guys remember the guy on here who went to it thinking it was a western?  he was so pissed.  I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

i've never seen it,  nor will I.  Just cause I don't even want to think about two guys having sex.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That wouldn't be to hard to do....there is only one scene and it lasted 5 sec.

Stomped to death....and yep he pretty much went for the "rough trade"
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I was definitely under the impression he was beat to death.  I haven't seen it since it was out at the theater, but I remember thinking maybe the wife had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does your screen name mean something we should know about?  

Yes, I'm secretly the forgotten .MIL member of the village people. Wanna see my shiny helemet?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#39]
If you know about all of that then you saw more than "bits and pieces".
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh-huh. sure you did.

Never saw it so can't help.

However I might go watch this.

i37.tinypic.com/10shbf5.jpg

hell man, id wait in line to watch that one
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
5 Second Movies: Brokeback Mountain

Damn! I'm glad I turned it off when I did. Looks like it gets a lot worse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#42]
If Brokeback Mountain was as pretentious and boring as Ang Lee's version of The Hulk, I have no desire to ever see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top