Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2002 11:15:56 AM EDT
[url]news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=288981[/url]

What will they do if Bush does not accept their position on this "last chance?" Perhaps they are only bluffing, but if that is not the case, what will "the arabs future steps" be?

Frankly, I know some of you disagree, but I'd be happy for us to just get the fuck out of their sandbox... after we take care of some unfinished business.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe us ugly Americans should simply go over and take over their oil wells, I'm thinking we drilled most of them ourselves anyway....
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Threatening the President of the United States... Hmmmm.... They don't have a fuckin clue who they are dealin with... I would say that the Suadi's are just about to make a deal with Mr. Bush.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm so sick of these pompous assholes.  

Yeah, if it's going to hit the fan anyhow, we should take what we need from them.

And I agree that we need to settle some unfinished business.  Time to take out the trash!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe President Bush needs to tell the Saudis..

"WHOSE YER DADDY?" [;D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
[size=6] CRY HAVOC! AND LETS SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!![/size=6]

[size=4] DUBYA WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE? [/size=4]
[size=6] TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU[/SIZE=6]

[marines][-=(_)=-][marines]

edited to add: After all he does have some class.... ALRIGHT I SHORTENED IT. GOD I DO LOVE OUR PRESIDENT. SPORTS CARS, GUNS, AND ASS KICKEN. MEANS WHAT HE SAY'S, BUT THE POLITENESS OF A MIDWESTERNER.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I think WE should finish what THEY started. After we flatten the place, we could put up a Shell station and a White Castle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Screw em, they need us more than we need them.  Cutting ties with us will mean the beginning of their end, which they are not willing to do.  They'd be lucky to get a shot off before we turned their country into a smoldering pile of dead terrorists....Ummm... I meant ARABS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an idea...............lets just leave and let that A**hole in Iraq overrun those POSs.
See if they want us there then.
DA
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#9]
They'd just surrender if Iraq invaded again, and offer to go after us with their new friend.

Arabs can kill a million muslims... but if the jews kill a thousand, and we help them pay for it... death to the Infidel.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Yea I think Iraq could kick the Saudi's ass in maybe 2 weeks without us UGLY AMERICANS?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Just point Saddam in their direction.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Started thinking I might be taking up to much bandwidth.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think WE should finish what THEY started. After we flatten the place, we could put up a Shell station and a White Castle.
View Quote

[b]This is my kind of guy[/b]

[b]HELL YA!!![/b]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Nuke their ass and take their gas.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#15]
shooter69, [b]WHO[/b] is this "[b]unnamed[/b]" Saudi representative, who warned in The New York Times that if the worst came to the worst, Riyadh and other Arab states might use the "oil weapon" against Washington and – far from supporting a US attack on Saddam Hussein – demand the closure of US military bases in the region.???

Does this "unnamed representative" speak for the Saudi government????

DaMan
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Ask Rupert Cornwell.

Anything is possible and we peons will end up with the official version of events after the Prince's trip, whatever is really happening behind the scenes.

I am not able to "prove" anything to you on this subject... so in your case I invite you to disbelieve the article.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Well its nice to know our new friends the Sovits are the largest oil producing nation....I guess.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nuke their ass and take their gas.
View Quote

Yeah!  [rocket]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am not able to "prove" anything to you on this subject... so in your case I invite you to disbelieve the article.
View Quote

OK!  DaMan [:P]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#21]
[red]The Saudis have publicly dismissed Mr Sharon's proposal for a peace conference under US auspices as "absurd". Instead, Riyadh wants Mr Bush not just to rein back the Israelis but to impose a settlement. It points to Crown Prince Abdullah's plan as the way out of the crisis.[/red]

Rein in?? Who do they mean?? the Saudis needed to "rein in" osama bin laden, they did not. The Saudis need to "rein in" the Palestinean suicide bombings, they have not. The Saudis needed to "rein in" 15/19 9/11 killers, that were Saudi citizens, again they failed.

Why is it when saddam hussien needs to be "reined in" the US of A was the country that "stepped up". It wasn't the Saudis, the day Kuwait was invaded most Saudi Air Force pilots actually called in sick.

If someone needs "reining in" perhaps it is the Saudis. Maybe they will be able to handle that job themselves.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#22]
shooter69, I just asked you [b]who[/b] in the Saudi government threatened to use Oil as a weapon against the US?  Is that the message Prince Abdullah delivered to GW?  [:P]

I don't think the Saudi prince made any such threat!

DaMan
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Now how would I know that? You may not be aware of this, having lived a sheltered life, but reporters actually interview sources under promises of anonymity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rein (sic) in?? Who do they mean?? the Saudis needed to "rein in" osama bin laden, they did not. The Saudis need to "rein in" the Palestinean suicide bombings, they have not. The Saudis needed to "rein in" 15/19 9/11 killers, that were Saudi citizens, again they failed.
View Quote

I think the Saudis tried to KILL Osama bin Laden!  Does that qualify as trying to "reign him in"???!!

Tim McVeigh was a US citizen.  Why wasn't [b]HE[/b] "reigned in"???!!  Think about it, Einstein!

DaMan
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rein (sic) in?? Who do they mean?? the Saudis needed to "rein in" osama bin laden, they did not. The Saudis need to "rein in" the Palestinean suicide bombings, they have not. The Saudis needed to "rein in" 15/19 9/11 killers, that were Saudi citizens, again they failed.
View Quote

I think the Saudis tried to KILL Osama bin Laden!  Does that qualify as trying to "reign him in"???!!

Tim McVeigh was a US citizen.  Why wasn't [b]HE[/b] "reigned in"???!!  Think about it, Einstein!

DaMan
View Quote

Where is McViegh now? Where is Nichols? When has the US openly or tacitly supported terrorist atacks on other nations? If we had a citizen killing Canadians in Canada return to the United States would we turn him over to the Canadians or tell Canada to pound sand??

If there was an American in Southeast Asia killing hundreds or people every year, financed by his families money, that came from the USA, do you think the US would sit by and let all the money transfers happen??

There are pictures of bin laden through out the middle east, he is revered as a hero. I have siginifgant doubts that very many people tried, in the Arab "world" to "rein in" bin laden, before or after the 9/11 coward attack.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You [b]think?[/b] Does that make you an "unnamed representative?"
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rein (sic) in?? ...
View Quote

View Quote

Seems to me you misplaced the "sic", DaMan.  You should have put it in your own post.

Rein -
2 a : a restraining influence : CHECK b : controlling or guiding power -- usually used in plural

Reign -
1 a : royal authority : SOVEREIGNTY b : the dominion, sway, or influence of one resembling a monarch
2 : the time during which one (as a sovereign) reigns
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You [b]think?[/b]
View Quote

No....I [b]KNOW[/b]!  

DaMan

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No....I [b]KNOW[/b]!
View Quote

Well, do tell. I'd love to hear this. Of course, you'll provide links to sources [b]I[/b] find believable, right? I mean, fair is fair.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they did you can be sure it was because the royal family felt threatened by him. They have a long history of murdering/torturing those they consider a threat to the regime. Please do not suggest that it was for our benefit. God knows how many of our soldiers have been killed on their soil with little consequence.

Oly is right, if not in deed then in spirit. The Saudis had many opportunities to nab bin Laden on his trips back, but considered him  (paraphrasing Prince Bandar) to be a man of little consequence, a buffoon. In this reticense (blindness?) to accept certain things, they purport themselves no differently than they handled the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in its entirety for the past fifty-five years: Denying Israel even exists or is someone to speak to (now of course a NYT columnist floats an idea and they are all of a sudden engaged...).

View Quote

They created the environment for these (just as mistakes by our government influenced McVeigh) hardcore wahabi anti-western Islamaniacs (which they push overseas, their special brand of Islam, the "original and true form") who attacked us on 9-11.

Encouraging the homicide bombers with offers of financial (both governmental and private raised via "telethons" and such) support is hardly "reigning them in." Meanwhile Bush has asked them to stop, which they have not, instead insisting we issue ultimatums to Israel to pull out of the West Bank.

In Saudi Arabia the educational system emphasizes certain beliefs and prejudices that would not be acceptable in the United States. The same holds true with their media. You will often hear the most vile hatespeech being broadcast hither and yon with full government approval. This is a medieval fiefdom (in ethos and outlook as well) and modern in material trappings only.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No....I [b]KNOW[/b]!
View Quote

Well, do tell. I'd love to hear this. Of course, you'll provide links to sources [b]I[/b] find believable, right? I mean, fair is fair.
View Quote

The Saudis tried to poison bin Laden!  Guess that means they loved him!

DaMan
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sources? Links? Anything believable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see! I'm looking forward to seeing the proof. Naturally, corroborated from credible, objective, multiple western sources. These Saudis could say anything to make themselves look good! No one should take what the Saudis say for granted, just as we shouldn't take what the Israelis say at face value either. Right? [:P]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Hahahaha
[grenade]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sources? Links? Anything believable.
View Quote

Jarhead_22, why does bin Laden need kidney dialysis?

........Attempts on his life have been frequent. Aside from the current military action that is targeting him, and the cruise missile attack that then-President Bill Clinton ordered in 1998, [b]Saudi intelligence is said to have tried to poison him once in late 1998[/b]. Soon after, press reports emerging from the country suggested bin Laden was seriously ill and may have even suffered kidney failure, [b]possibly as a result of the poison[/b].

So much for the love lost between bin Laden and the Saudi government!  [:P]

DaMan

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Time to add the 51st star to the flag![:D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Post from DaMan -
Saudi intelligence is said to have tried to poison him once in late 1998. Soon after, press reports emerging from the country suggested bin Laden was seriously ill and may have even suffered kidney failure, possibly as a result of the poison.
View Quote

Sources! We must have sources for these statements!

It's not like kidney problems are unknown in the Bin Laden family, nor can the suggestion that UBL suffers from Marfan Syndrome be ignored.

Eric The(WellRead)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22, why does bin Laden need kidney dialysis?

........Attempts on his life have been frequent. Aside from the current military action that is targeting him, and the cruise missile attack that then-President Bill Clinton ordered in 1998, [b]Saudi intelligence is said to have tried to poison him once in late 1998[/b]. Soon after, press reports emerging from the country suggested bin Laden was seriously ill and may have even suffered kidney failure, [b]possibly as a result of the poison[/b].
View Quote

Don't give me "possibly." You said you [b]KNOW[/b] and I want sources, just like you want sources anytime anyone brings up anything that smells even slightly detrimental to your good friends the Arabs.

Sources. Links to stories by western news outlets, not some government controlled House of Saud mouthpiece.

Ain't it a bitch being held to your own standards?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Let sadamn kick their mooselum ass and then we can send over our rosie's and oprah's and all of the democraps and hollywoods, led of course by bill and little hiller and teddy and  and and and and, oh well you get the point. Then we just waste the whole place and split the oil with anyone that joins us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Dang, I love it when daman takes whatever meds wind him up.  (oops, here ya go... [:P] )

ETH,

What's Marfan syndrome and HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH!!!???!!!  Sometimes you guys amaze me...

Do you, or do you NOT have, like, a real job?

[:D]

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#41]
What about it, DaMan? Got anything believable and verifiable, or do you just [b]KNOW[/b]?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Post from DScott -
ETH, What's Marfan syndrome and HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH!!!???!!! Sometimes you guys amaze me...
View Quote

Sorry, I'm just a pencil-necked geek![:D]

Actually, I'm a fat slob, as can be seen from the numerous photos I have posted here on this Board.

There are several sources for the Marfan Syndrome connection with Bin Laden. Here's the first one that I had tagged back in November:

[size=4]Does bin Laden have Marfan Syndrome?[/size=4]
[b]Is Osama suffering from a rare disease that can cause sudden death?[/b]

By Mark Francis Cohen

Nov. 9, 2001 | If what some medical experts say is true, it may not require a military strike to kill Osama bin Laden. For several years now, reports have been circulating that claim the 45-year-old is quite ill, sees doctors regularly and may have a heart problem. The evidence is sketchy, but some see signs that bin Laden could die suddenly.

Marfan syndrome is a potentially fatal disorder of connective tissue, and some believe it's jeopardizing the life of al-Qaida's elusive leader. Bin Laden would be in good company: Some say Marfan would have killed Abraham Lincoln if John Wilkes Booth had missed his mark in 1865. It also appears to have claimed the lives of Jonathan Larson, author of the musical "Rent," who died on the eve of the production's 1996 Broadway debut; Chris Patton, a University of Maryland basketball star who died during a pickup game; and Flo Hyman, an Olympic volleyball player who died at 31 in 1986. The aortas of all three ripped in a manner consistent with the disorder. Charles de Gaulle and composer Sergei Rachmaninoff are also believed to have had Marfan.

Although Marfan syndrome, like sickle cell anemia, is often the product of an inherited genetic mutation, determining whether someone has the disease is tricky. Experts say one in 10,000 people have it, but that thousands are unaware that they are affected. The National Marfan Foundation estimates that more than 200,000 people in the United States have Marfan syndrome or a related connective tissue disorder. "It's a very complicated diagnosis to establish," says Dr. Hal Dietz, a geneticist at Johns Hopkins University, who led the team that discovered the mutant gene responsible for Marfan. "There is no DNA test that can absolutely confirm whether someone has it."

Because there's no screening process or dead giveaway that a person has the disease, a Marfan diagnosis is an intricate process of elimination that almost always begins by sizing up someone's physical features. Marfan sufferers typically have an unusual outward appearance, often called Marfanoid. More often than not, the disease strikes very tall people. [b]They tend to be lean and lanky, with long, spidery fingers, curved spines, scant muscle, crooked chests and elongated faces and heads.[/b]

See remainder of article at:[url]http://www.salon.com/people/feature/2001/11/09/marfan/?x[/url]

Do you, or do you NOT have, like, a real job?
View Quote

That exactly how Miz Hun says it! She says I have something 'like, a real job.'

But she's just kidding!

Eric The(IHope)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't think we will know. I think it is in our best interest to keep him alive as long as possible even in story only. Hay wait a second.  They could model Bin Laden on a computer and then fake a news report telling all the terrorists to turn themselves in. hahaha
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#44]
If they stop selling us oil, their regime will fall.
There's no one else like us to sell it to.

We, on the other hand, will not fall.
(Our economy will dip, though)

Eventually, we'd find a new supplier.
By the time the Saudis found enough customers to replace us, they'd be known as the Islamic Republic of Arabia.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Still waiting, DaMan. Got anything aside from, "why does bin Laden need kidney dialysis?"

Sources? Links to legitimate stories by western news organizations?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Still no reply from DaMan?  You think he actually has any?  I'd be shocked to see in a WESTERN paper that the Saudis have tried to kill him.  Very very shocked.  His goals are theirs.  Why else were so many terrorists of 9/11 Saudi born?  Time to clean out Mecca!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Why does Bin Laden need kidney dialysis?

Ya know what, I'll take a stab at this and say that it is because he has failing kidneys.

I know some may disagree with my conclusion.  Please feel free to flame away at me due to my ignorance, I have my suit on. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sources? Links to legitimate stories by western news organizations?
View Quote

The western news would only report that the Saudis [b]said[/b] they poisoned Osama. Hardly proof and certainly not up to Daman's exacting standards.

However when it does come to the Arabs those standards may not apply. The gospel according to the Arabs, Daman, preacher-in-chief. If they say it, that's enough for him. [:D]

Quoted:
Saudi intelligence is said to have tried to poison him once in late 1998.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks, Eric.

I'd have to have to be the one to organize YOUR "Favorites" folder.  I can't even find socks that match sometimes...

[:P]  <--- in honor of daman, until his morning meds kick in...
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Not that I'm taking sides on this issue, but a google search of "bin Laden Saudi poison" yielded:

[url]http://www.forbes.com/2001/10/15/obinladen.html[/url]

It claims:
"Aside from the current military action that is targeting him, and the cruise missile attack that then-President Bill Clinton ordered in 1998, Saudi intelligence is said to have tried to poison him once in late 1998. Soon after, press reports emerging from the country suggested bin Laden was seriously ill and may have even suffered kidney failure, possibly as a result of the poison, though he has since recovered, some say with treatment from an Iraqi doctor who traveled to one of his secret hideouts."

But it's stated fairly matter-of-factly, and with little in the way of detail.  A further google search couldn't yield any major sources (MSNBC, CNN, etc).

So that's all I could find about that...

MSNBC claims

"How is his health?

A few months ago, there were reports he was terminally ill. What became of those reports?
      A senior counter-terrorism official said the latest CIA analysis is that he is “a hypochondriac ... but then he has chosen a stressful lifestyle and that can manifest itself in strange ways ...”"

[url]
http://www.msnbc.com/news/627355.asp?cp1=1[/url]

So there's a couple perspectives.

Viper Out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top