Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:16:28 PM EDT
I went to the local Mongolian Grill today for lunch (I'm a regular), suffering from stir-fry withdrawl- very painful. I load up my first plate, and take it to the grill, and the grill chef gets it started, then sends one of his helpers in the back room. He returns a few minutes later with a little tub of sauce, which the grill chef gives to me and tells me that he noticed during my visits that I like really hot food, and that I should try this, but very sparingly to begin with. I then get my plate, and head for the table with my treasures. This stuff is great!!! It's hot, very hot, but it doesn't haunt you like some hot sauces do. I tried it on egg rolls, I tried it on stir-fry, and I plan to try it anywhere else I'd normally use tabasco. I asked the chef what it was and he told me it's Sambal sauce, and he sent me a big cup of it to take home, along with a recommendation to try it in place of tabasco in hot wings sauce. Best of all- no vinegar taste, like I've had to accept with other hot sauces. This stuff could replace ketchup...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow! it makes eggs worth eating too! Next up...steak!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I love Sambal Oolek.  I like to mix a bit with some sweet chili sauce to complicate things a bit.  Try some Sricha <sp?> too, it's very similair in flavor, but has a thicker consistancy.

--VT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top