Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/1/2009 6:51:47 PM EST
Interesting combination of flavors. You can definitely tell it has a higher alcohol content (10.3% ABV.) Wife's remark was that it "tries too hard." Not bad.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:52:27 PM EST
that's racist!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:55:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By DKing:
that's racist!

You mean to imply that it's not Professor Gates' beer of choice?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:57:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2009 6:58:10 PM EST by Clackamas]
Is it thick with a salty after taste like the Beau Breedlove Creamy Ale

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:59:08 PM EST
Did the Sam Adams tour in Boston early this year. They gave us a pitcher of Imperial White at the end, and it was just me and my friend there. Loved it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:04:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

Originally Posted By DKing:
that's racist!

You mean to imply that it's not Professor Gates' beer of choice?
You made me snort green tea...

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:56:48 AM EST
Love Sam Adams, not a fan of the Imperials. "Recklessly hopped" is an understatement. I love hoppy beers, but it's too much. Not tasting flavour with it, just the bitter. The Imperial Hallertau is even worse.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:23:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By MadSciontist:
Love Sam Adams, not a fan of the Imperials. "Recklessly hopped" is an understatement. I love hoppy beers, but it's too much. Not tasting flavour with it, just the bitter. The Imperial Hallertau is even worse.

They are unique and most of their imperials I find enjoyable for what they are. Not sure that I'd call any of them "recklessly hopped". They are hopped appropriately for their style / design. If anyone is that put off by the amount of hops, I suggest you stay away from Dogfish Head's 120 minute IPA, and probably the 90 minute also.

Lots of unique, crafted beers out there. I enjoy trying them all, though some I don't like enough to ever "crave" or buy again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:25:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 7:26:46 AM EST by ziarifleman]
I had a Summer Ale the other night that was a bit much.

How is their Scotch Ale?

ETA: The first beer I ever had was an Oskar Blue's Scottish Style Ale, so I think I'm pretty ruined.
Top Top