Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2001 5:20:43 PM EDT
I always hate to see the end of the season.  Oh well, at least Gordon won it.  Hopefully he'll continue to dominate for years to come.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was very cool to see Gordon show his true side at the last caution... If you didn't see it he is forced to brake hard because of a small spin in front of him. This causes the car behind him to give him a little love tap,nothing serious. He is so angry he goes out and attempts to crash the car that tapped him. He should have won, or at least been in the top 3, even after the incident but because of his temper he is black flagged and finishes 16th!..lmao...pat
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I only caught the very end of the race.  I did hear about Robby Gordon crashing him to get the win, though.  I'm sure that Jeff will have ample opportunity for payback next season.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch the race.  It was incidental contact.  Gordon checked up, because a car in front of him got loose, and Robby Gordon tapped him in the ass.  Didn't even spin Gordon out, and he got pissed like he was Tony Stewart.  What a little Bitch!  He and Tony Stewart need to take up Chess our something!  Babies!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Dude's this past winter I was house bound following surgery. Try as I might I just couldn't get into NASCAR. To me racing is about going as fast as you can. Those restrictor plates races are real yawners. Then all the rules on safety equipment. Hey if you don't want to use things to help keep you alive that is your choice. Finally, regarding #3 saw that one, hmm something wasn't right. I guess his bullying tactics finally caught up to him. Oh well JMHO
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, I only caught the very end of the race.  I did hear about Robby Gordon crashing him to get the win, though.  I'm sure that Jeff will have ample opportunity for payback next season.

-kill-9
View Quote

Robby Gordon cheated Jeff Gordon out of a cherry on top of the championship.  This is just like his run in with Harvick that cost him a race to Tony Stewart.  Robby Gordon is not Winston Cup material.  He is a road racer...He needs to stay there until he learns some respect...

[50]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Triple D said:

[b]Finally, regarding #3 saw that one, hmm something wasn't right. I guess his bullying tactics finally caught up to him. Oh well JMHO [/b]

What the hell is that supposed to mean? So Earnhardt had it coming? What kind of phuqed up logic is that? Greatest driver in NASCAR history dies in the sport he loves...and he deserves to die? SHut up and keep watching open wheel go-kart racing..or maybe championship ballet.

Think before you post dumass,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you NAKED-GUNMAN.

Earnhardt was definitely an agressive driver but he certainly did not deserve to die.  I am so sick of this crap attitude from Earnhardt hating people.  I suppose my dad deserved to die last year doing the job he loved to do?  No he didn't and anyone who thinks things like that will get theirs in the end.

Besides, if you have watched NASCAR over the last decade, you would have noticed #3 sliding on its side or top down the stretch at Talledega along with other places.  He was on the receiving end of a lot of wrecks in the '90's.  But, somehow, he remained the bad guy.  Well, what a load of crap!

BBURN
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I spent 7 Indy 500's in turn 3 with an ice hat.Hung over to the nards.I just couldn't learn to turn my neck that slow.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://store.nascar.com/i/p/22/100625.jpg[/img]

havent watched a race since the crash. maybe next year...

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[img]http://store.nascar.com/i/p/22/100625.jpg[/img]

havent watched a race since the crash. maybe next year...

View Quote
Bro, I feel bad also, but if you still have not watched a race, then you need alot of help. Sorry, for our loss, but grieve and mve on with life and the enevitable hardships.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#11]
To all that have responded to my response, in the negative, GET A LIFE and learn how to read. NOWHERE in my post did I say he deserved it. I said his tactics caught up to him. There is a big difference in those phrases.
Additionally, I really feel for all of you who's life seems to revolve aroung a sureal sport. The world going to hell in a hand basket and you're all wrapped up in a sport, like most professional sports, that is made up of premidonnas (sp) and money, money, money. I realize everyone needs an escape every so often but to give one the impression that your whole life revolves around is sad. I like the X files but if I miss an episode or if it got cancelled I wouldn't give it a second thought. However this so called "Patriot Act" does upset me. When Carlos Hathcock past away I was saddend but I didn't stop shooting.

To the moderator sorry for the rant but after 5 years of people who claim to be different from the average public; I'm sick and tired of "these people" not demonstrating any qualities that seperate them from the average.
I figure you have 2 options to be different from the average. To be a cut above them or a cut below them. The choice is yours. Remember talk is cheap.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Triple D said:
[bold]Something stupid again...[/bold]

[bold]"You feel"..."get a life"..."I'm sick"..."I figure"..."I miss"..."I realize"..."I like X blah,blah".[/bold]

Thank you Dr. Spock for that exceptional psycho-analysis...take some of your own advice.

If you stomp on someone else's heroes or people they admire...be prepared to hear their discourse at your statements.

[bold]Legends[/bold]...usually do extraordinary things with average abilities, proving that anything is possible.

There is NOTHING with giving credit to someone who does those exceptional things...

Earnhardt IS a Legend in HIS sport...this is not pagan worship or wrongful thinking..just genuine admiration. To those who have followed him since he drove a pink car...we will miss him. To those who don't understand...leave it alone. You "opinions" do nothing but infuriate and cause dissention... leave it alone.

#3 has 2 million people who admire him...leave it alone,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#13]
NASCAR=NECKCAR=WCW ON WHEELS.  Jeff Gordon wins because NASCAR deems it to be.  As for Robby Gordon having to learn respect, give me a break.  Respect for what?  I don't like NASCAR, period, but I did see the highlights and Jeffy boy had to brake and, because they don't run brake lights, Robby bumped him.  It happens all the time in NASCAR, so why are some of you so upset that little whiney boy got bumped.  The championship was already locked up, thanks to NASCAR mandating it, so big deal.  Did those of you that are upset about this incident get all upset on the countless occassions when Earnhart Sr. did it to others?  All you hear is "that's racing" until it happens to someone's favorite.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#14]
It is indeed a tragic when anyone dies any unnatural death. I didn't want Earnhardt to ever win another race. He was a jerk and Little E is worse. Still, I didn't want him to die. The incident between the two Gordons was not the first time in that race Robby had bumped Jeff, he had done the same thing in an earlier caution, and it appeared to be on purpose that time. Jeff maybe shouldn't have retaliated like that, but we all loose our temper some times.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, I have been a fan of Nascar since I was little and remember the days before "golden boy" was around and #3 was king... I find it sad to see Jeff as the fan favorite nowadays..I don't know he just doesn't seem to have what the past kings had within them..

Just my two cents on who was #1 this season and I would have to say Sterling Marlin. He started with a new car make-Dodge and was always within top 5 and top 10 week in and week out.. He fought hard all season and finished 3rd in points.. Finally, the underdog and  someone who doesn't have very flashy sponsors and notoriety can make it too..

Just my opinion...By the way, with Dale Sr. gone I believe things will move on, but they will never be the same again..
-Andrea
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Hooo boy, I'll play taps on my banjo [:E]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#17]
No one else is sad about the end of the Nascar season.. Oh well, it'll be back in February right? LOL
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#18]
OK everybody leave machine alone if he doesnt want to watch a race he doesnt have to.I havent watched a race either since his death. but i hold a diffrent perspective,you see i work for NHRA SAFETY SAFARI,THATS MY JOB TO GET THESE FAMOUS DRIVERS OUT SAFE.And i am very close to a lot the drivers and crews.so i see both sides of the fence.Even though i was not there that day i still know what went on with geting him out and trying to keep him alive.And how bad those guys still feel to this day.
just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anybody know what speed he actually hit the WALL at? (#3) Obviously he was going pretty fast around the track, but at what 'forward' speed did his car actually hit?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I remember the report saying something like 150-160 mph.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I always hate to see the end of the season.  Oh well, at least Gordon won it.  Hopefully he'll continue to dominate for years to come.

-kill-9
View Quote

Jeff Gordon:  The Barry Bonds of NASCAR.[;D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't hate Nascar, but until they actually turn in both directions it doesn't do much for me.  I feel the same way about drag racing.  Obviously, it takes a special kind of person to build a car like that and have the kind of reflexes it takes to launch off the line and win, but it still boils down to going fast in a straight line.  WRC on the other hand, which requires driving skill over speed, is my cup of tea.  

However, to each his own, and know that you won't be heartbroken for long.  NASCAR will be back soon.  It's just a sport, and there are many more important things in life.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I personally have not watched a race since then either. It is not the same anymore without that black #3 and Dale driving it on the track.

What bullying tactics caught up with Earnhardt on that day? No one pushed/bumped/rubbed/tapped or anything else that day.

As far as gordon, whine boy puss. If he had 1/2 the character E had it would be amazing. If he did 1/2 the goodwill that E did it would be humbling. He just whines and cries to Nascar every time someone touches him. He might be able to drive but he doesn't have the fortitude to be in Nascar. Spoiled rich boy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#24]
He might be able to drive but he doesn't have the fortitude to be in Nascar.

My god twins, he's just about to re-write the
NASCAR history books, and you don't think he
belongs in NASCAR?

You're wrong about Gordon being a spoilt
rich kid too. The step-dad spent every
dollar he had on his kids racing.
What amazes me is how Bickford kept his
focus and initiative to keep going, but as I
understand it, Jeff made this easy for him
because he practically won every go-cart race
he entered. Next up; sprints!
But he is certainly rich now.
And has a beautiful wife.
America's couple.
Wonder if he has an AR-15?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:58:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Jeff:  "So, Robby, what table are you stting at in New York?"

Robby: "Why, table 44, Jeff."

Jeff:  "Wow, I didn't know Winston paid so low!"

Like the guy or not, he's at the top of the game.  

Looking forward to seeing what Harvick does next year.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Jeff Gordon, own an AR-15??  LMAO!!  I can just imagine him trying to shoot a weapon.  He's probably more scared of a gun, than he is of Tony Stewart.  

Isn't he one of the Million Moms?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Bash Gordon all you want.  My only defense of him is one word:  [b]Champion[/b].

[img]http://espn.go.com/media/rpm/2001/1118/photo/s_jgordon_i.jpg[/img]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#28]
The guy seems like alittle prick,
but the man sure can drive a race car. I dont think anyone can deny that fact.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Ahhhh NASCAR, Redneck tennis.

[:D][smoke]

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bash Gordon all you want.  My only defense of him is one word:  [b]Champion[/b].
-kill-9
View Quote

Yeah. Now when he becomes a man, he'll really be something.  Until then, he keeps coming across as a whiny and hi-maintenance momma's boy.  I hate to say it, as much as the man has obviously has the talent to drive and win in NASCAR, I regard him as a travesty to the history of NASCAR.  I'd like to have been in the pits if he'd pulled that bump and run shit on Junior Johnson instead of Robby Gordon (and he's another story.)

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah...I never saw him retaliate against  Earnhardt or Jimmy Spencer!  That's cuz he knows when they got out of their cars, he'd be laying in a puddle of his own blood.  

Gordon is only Champion, because Earnhardt wasn't around for his 8th!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top