Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 2:12:18 AM EDT
Strange thing happened...

I have a personal email address, which I have never used and never sent or recieved any email at until I joined AR15.com.  Since giving this email address out to (ONLY) AR15.com this email address is swamped with SPAM!  In fact, everyday it gets worse and worse...   I stared using the interent well over 14 years ago with a 9600baud modem and fully understand exactly how the internet, email and all other aspects of computing, virus's and SPAM work.  Which leaves me with the only possible conclusion is that AR15.com has either shared my personal EMAIL/info or is accidentally not all that secure with my privacy.

I'd like to personally thank AR15.com for this and causing me to cancel my private email address, although I sometimes enjoy reading the post here, I am dissapointed with what has happened and there is NO possible other way for the spam in my email I am getting.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
since when did typing in color become popular?

It makes it hard to read.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The exact same thing happened to me.

I never had a spam problem until I registered at ar15.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My main reason for bring this to everyones attention was not to slam AR15.com they appear to have done nothing wrong, and that I was sure I wasn't alone with this problem.  Some peoples mail is already so overly full of spam that they may not have noticed the differance after registering here.  

I realize it is most likly a basic script-kiddy harvester program doing the dirty work and I am not accusing AR15.com of directly giving out an info.  The way most "harvester programs" work any average webhost  would or could notice a harvester script at work in the logs, much like a web-riper accept not as much bandwidth being hogged by a single IP and harvesters usually only go for credit card numbers, email or IP addy's.   What surprised me is that my AR15.com email address was changed repeatedly after registering (but will not take...) and it is set to not show my email address or allow others to email me...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Pony up some $$ and become a MEMBER - then you can use an [email protected] address.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Problem solved, I just canceled that email address with my IP.  So at this point there is no working email address for AR15.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top