Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 1:11:57 PM EDT
I am putting out the word. I recently ordered an imported G3 rifle from SOG (I will never mail order a gun again). The rifle was supposedly a new gun, straight from Portugal, HK liscensed. When it got in, it was a POS. The rear sight drum was loose and did not hold its position. When I tried to dissassemble the rifle to inspect it, I could not remove the buttstock. The pins holding it in were broken and fit poorly, I had to hammer them out, and even then the buttstock would not come off, with two people pulling. The guns finish was some crappy paint, and some of the parts did not look like they matched and may have been used parts. Three months later, still looking for a refund.

If anyone has had a positive experience with them, let me know, but otherwise, don't buy from these people!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
SOG has always done me right.  I have ordered numerous times from them with perfect results so far.  My wife evens orders C&R guns for me for my presents.  They usually tell her they will really try to find a nice one for me.  Last time they didn't even charge her the hand pick fee, and the rifle turned out to be better than I could have dreamed.  One of the best places to order C&R guns, as well as others, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have delt with them many times.  They were a much better company when it was a family operation, since they sold out it has not been as good as it used to be.

I still order from them, but with the caution that I will send it back right away if it does not meet my expectations.  I have never had to though.

One thing that I have seem to have found, and it is just my opinion, is when you see something advertised, try to buy it soon. The longer you wait, the lower the quality seems to be.  I got my G3 from them and it works fine, I just think the gun is a POS.

I usually try to deal with Aim Surplus.  They are right down the road from SOG, and tend to be more honest.  www.aimsurplus.com  Same deal with them though, order as early as posible, the good stuff goes first.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the same SOG G3 from a local dealer it looked good. After some range time I discoverd the fornt sight indexing was off, about 3' @ 100 yrds. with rear sight maxed out. I then said what a POS, got to get my  $ back. Called SOG explained the problem they said send it back we have a 100% mony back guarantee policy. Next I called the dealer he said bring it in we will send it back and refund $, so back it went. Then spent the refund $ on a new Bushy [:D]  My only  experience with. Bad but good !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top