Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 10:37:52 AM EDT
Hey guys SOF has the story on the Canadian Snipers online!!

Go buy the issue as well....its a keeper.

[url]http://www.sofmag.com/story1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the link Stormbringer, I appreciate it as I haven't been able to find anyone local who carries SOF.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link Stormbringer, I appreciate it as I haven't been able to find anyone local who carries SOF.
View Quote

I get mine at Chapters.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, since they publish it in your state.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey guys SOF has the story on the Canadian Snipers online!!

Go buy the issue as well....its a keeper.
View Quote

"The Canuck snipers were in their element. They continued their long-range shooting with their McMillan Brothers .50-cal. Tactical Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle System."
[img]http://www.mcmillanrifles.com/Rifle02.jpg[/img]

Aside from the scope depicted being a Nightforce, this is what they look like.

Shooting them in for the Canucks was a wee bit painful though. There were three of us sitting next to each other at the range, and me being the FNG [rolleyes], I got to sit in the middle, so I got the gasblast from both guns beside me. Yeah, I was a bit punch drunk after that one.  [puke]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
skullworks, do you work at McMillan?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I love this line...

"“As soon as we got rid of one guy, another would come up, and another one.”

I just have to laugh....

Sounds like a gopher hunt up here!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Is "canuck" considered an insulting term for a Canadian?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, since they publish it in your state.
View Quote

Yeah, ain't it though?

I'll be taking in a funshow this weekend in a larger, neighboring city and I'll pick up a copy then. Guess I'll have to go back next month for part 2. awww shucks. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
nope....

We are far to easy going for that.
But thanks for being considerate.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool, bruddah.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
skullworks, do you work at McMillan?
View Quote
Nope, not any more. I keep in touch with them though. I went back to school.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#12]
"...in Afghanistan in the first weeks of March, “taking out” machine-gun nests and mortar positions at long range."

Taking out? I know I certain Canuck Artillery Officer that I hope doesn't read this article. He absolutely hated that expression - would always ask us why we were so obsessed with taking the enemy on a date!

He would be so embarrassed for his country if he read this!

He used to even stuff our own doctrine down outr throats,

"Units undertake offensive operations to destroy the enemy and his will to fight; to seize terrain; to learn enemy strength and disposition; or to deceive, divert, or fix the enemy."(FM 7-8, Chapt. 1-7) Where in that does sentence does it mention "taking out?" he would ask.

Adam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top