Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 1:09:01 PM EDT
I haven't cleaned my SKS for about a year til today, this is what I did to it first I shot about 1800 rds of wolf, then yesterday I threw about a half handfull of dirt into the rifle there was too much dirt so the bolt wouldn't close so I kicked it shut with my boot. And the thing worked!

then I shot a few more clips, then my cousin wanted to know what would happen if we poured some gatorade into the receiver and mixed a little more dirt. That pretty much turned it into mud but I think the gatorade actually cleaned it out a little.

So then I dug a shallow hole and put the gun in there and put a shovel full of dirt on top.

the sks still fired.

wow what fun.

pics are coming soon!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
excuse me but why the F**K would you do that to a firearm? The safety issue alone should have made you think twice.... sorry for the flame but I know the track record of the SKS is pretty reliable but I sure as well wouldnt TRY that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I haven't cleaned my SKS for about a year til today, this is what I did to it first I shot about 1800 rds of wolf, then yesterday I threw about a half handfull of dirt into the rifle there was too much dirt so the bolt wouldn't close so I kicked it shut with my boot. And the thing worked!

then I shot a few more clips, then my cousin wanted to know what would happen if we poured some gatorade into the receiver and mixed a little more dirt. That pretty much turned it into mud but I think the gatorade actually cleaned it out a little.

[red]So then I dug a shallow hole and put the gun in there and put a shovel full of dirt on top.[/red]

the sks still fired.

wow what fun.

pics are coming soon!
View Quote

disregard my previous post... this has GOT TO BE a joke.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I must be the only retard who ever managed to get an SKS to doublefeed, and it wasn't on purpose.
Imagine that [BD]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
My YUGO jammed on me. Stovepipe. Caught my finger some how. That shit hurt. Then one time a shell had swelled in the chamber and it wouldn't let the bolt come back. So I placed the butt on the ground and knelt down with the bolt handle facing to the right. I slammed my hand down on it, the charging handle went back, the shell ejected and caught me right in the left incisor(tooth). Ouch! that sucked. nothing broken tho. I bet it was funnny to watch tho. it was at an arfcom shoot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had SKSs jam many times.

You're not trying hard enough. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The Norinco SKS I used to own jammed as well. With the fixed magazine it was pretty reliable, but the cheesy aftermarket detachable magazines left a LOT to be desired.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
i wish my chinese SKS would cycle!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've yet to see an SKS jam, but I've yet to dump dirt and gatorade on it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are going to love the pics.

If you get one of the good yugo sks's with the fixed mag and no leaks in the gas tube they will be very reliable!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one of them things slam fire and blast a hole through my ceiling the attic floor then on through the roof. That was a happy thanks giving!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I like chips and salsa with my SKS. Gives more bang to the salsa!!!!

[ROFL]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]
What's an SKS?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Wobblin-Gobblin: www.simonov.net

My Yugo SKS stovepipes quite often.  The gas tube doesn't fit perfectly with the gas valve, so gas leaks out.  Mine is a rebuild, and this problem often occurs with rebuilds :(
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]
A dirty SKS !!! Oh My God!! Check out a REAL DIRTY RIFLE from James on the falfiles.com Scroll down to see the pics. Please don't try this with you AR-15.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91574&pagenumber=1
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
have you tried burying it in the sand yet? to
simulate dry dusty desert conditions? or wet muddy conditions to simulate dropping it into a
rice paddy in Vietnam? I heard the VC would often throw their AK's into a muddy rice paddy
to hide their weapons until US or ARVN forces left the area.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So then I dug a shallow hole and put the gun in there and put a shovel full of dirt on top.

the sks still fired.

wow what fun.

pics are coming soon!
View Quote

I think I'll do this test on my Colt preban M4, results to be posted soon.
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=769176[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]
[img]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=769255[/img]
5000 rounds in FN
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

or wet muddy conditions to simulate dropping it into a
rice paddy in Vietnam?
View Quote

well I poured gatorade in with dirt, so that would simulate the frequently occured situation of gatorade falling into the action during combat.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#21]
mine nevered jamed after 5 years and many rounds only if it wasnt so damn ugly
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#22]
We haven't had one jam but we have had several slamfires.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Bought two type 56s back in the good old days of $70 prices.

Never had a jam with either the 10 or 20 fixed mags. Sometimes have jams with the 30 round semi detach mags.

Great rifle for the price, and the ammo is dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I just set my SKS in wet cement.
Report to follow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I have one SKS which I cannot fix.  It always jams after the first shot.  I have replaced most of the replaceable parts and it still does it (little and big pistons, springs, etc.).

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I have shot a full-auto SKS that jammed like a mutha-fucka:)  But it was fun as hell to shoot when it wasn't jamming.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I have several and can get them to jam almost on command just by using the side of a tree as a rest. Creates such a hard stovepipe that you have to kick the charging handle. That old black cased Norinco ammo was the worst for creating that kind of jam.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#28]
u actually put gatorade and dirt into the gun?

I dropped my 1911 in the dirt but it wasn't intentional, it worked but I am not about to do it again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#29]
While, like a lot of people on this Forum I have several semi-automatic firearms. My SKS is at the bottom of the food chain. Spent much more money for others. This is what I have learned. The SKS is absoultly The best value firearm that I have purchased. It deliveres the, "Best bang for the buck", bar none!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, where are the pictures Greg?  Don't keep me in suspense.  Prove the non believers wrong! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude whatever... my friend has an SKS, and admittedly, it is converted to use detachable mags which I think is the problem.  It jams so much it is funny.  Me and another friend were doubled over in laughter at this guy... we'd hear "bang..bang..bang... SHIT!" and he'd be working the bolt getting it cleared... he'd pull the bolt back and a round *from the magazine* would pop out and clear the weapon, the he'd let the bolt go and the magazine would drop out of the gun hahaha.  He'd get it all going again and "bang.. bang... FUCK! Goddamn Chinese piece of shit! "  I'm sure some SKS's are reliable, but some are NOT!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
anyone that can manage to get a siminov to jam could probably break and anvil with a rubber mallet.

View Quote

I had a Simonov sidefolder/bayonnet I had to leave behind in Canada.  It was absolutely gorgeous and ran like a dream.  I still think about her.[>(]  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I love my Skiss!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top