Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2006 4:09:39 PM EDT
So I was in the back of a truck and some Terrorist was trying to kill me my GF was trying to stick a 5.56 mag into a AK, I took the ak and told her to give me a single round, so I loaded it and made a clean kill with the AK by loading a single round into the chamber.

the crazy part was the sites and action was just like a AK, and that the terrorists were in a UH-60...

WTF???

so anyways would the ak have worked with a m193 round, I remember in the dream that I was like fuck it I am dead either way...
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
oh and for the tech nazis it wasn't a 74 or a ak in 5.56 it was a 762x39 AK-47
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
My AK would have worked with a 5.56mm round

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
.............................. WHA?

I somethimes have weird nightmare type dreams involving guns but in my case, im always unprepared! Like i get an awesome gun but i cant find the fucking bullets! YAAHHGG!
So i spend the next part of my dream looking for bullets but then i cant remeber what i was originally looking for! Then the next thing i know I'm in a museum looking at paintings that all look like picassos.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
some of you have waaayyy overactive pineal glands.  i rarely dream, and when i do, it's about mundane stuff
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea I had the same dream.

So now my M4 is  loaded by the bed with a trigger lock

Now I have nightmares about the trigger guard not comming off.

FREE

Quoted:
.............................. WHA?

I somethimes have weird nightmare type dreams involving guns but in my case, im always unprepared! Like i get an awesome gun but i cant find the fucking bullets! YAAHHGG!
So i spend the next part of my dream looking for bullets but then i cant remeber what i was originally looking for! Then the next thing i know I'm in a museum looking at paintings that all look like picassos.

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
someone around here tried it accidentally a few years ago.

as i recall it actually fired but jammed the hell out of the case in the chamber.

not sure i'd wanna try it as that is a LOT of stretching for a brass case to handle without a rupture.

So I could have waxed the terrorist right?????
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I did this accidentally about a year ago. I must have had a 5.56 round mixed in with a box full of loose 7.62x39 while I was absent mindedly loading mags for the next days shoot. The round fired but right away I knew something was wrong, like perhaps a squib round. The recoil wasn't right and the rifle failed to extract. I punched the 5.56 case out with a cleaning rod. Didn't seem to hurt anything. I kept on shooting after a thorough inspection. I would not recommend doing it on purpose however.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a crazy dream last night:

The sky was all yellow, and it was fall out, and me and a police officer were having a cigarette on my front porch (i dont smoke) watching my neighbor's dog play, when this creepy little woman with a bob style hairdo came out from around a pine tree and proceeded to creep around my yard. apparently my brother randomly appears and begins following this little woman around, while the officer and i watch. suddenly she pulls out an MP5SD and begins firing. My brother vanishes somewhere, and the police officer and I both draw pistols, but they are both unloaded and missng magazines. We go into my house to retrieve a rifle but it takes SO long to unlock my vault, get a loaded magazine and get the gun into action.

Then, for some reason, an alien spaceship is spotted in the sky, but when it lands, it turns out to be a drum synthesizer, and I cannot figure out how to unlock its mysteries. Then I woke up.

ETA: sorry, that had nothing to do with your 5.56mm/AK question.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The sky was all yellow, and it was fall out, and me and a police officer were having a cigarette on my front porch (i dont smoke) watching my neighbor's dog play, when this creepy little woman with a bob style hairdo came out from around a pine tree and proceeded to creep around my yard. apparently my brother randomly appears and begins following this little woman around, while the officer and i watch. suddenly she pulls out an MP5SD and begins firing. My brother vanishes somewhere, and the police officer and I both draw pistols, but they are both unloaded and missng magazines. We go into my house to retrieve a rifle but it takes SO long to unlock my vault, get a loaded magazine and get the gun into action.

Then, for some reason, an alien spaceship is spotted in the sky, but when it lands, it turns out to be a drum synthesizer, and I cannot figure out how to unlock its mysteries. Then I woke up.

Dude, you've got to stop eating crap before you go to bed. I think it's really messing with your head.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

well my dream was much cooler!
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yea, well I had a dream where these people kept coming over the border, and no one stoped them. They kept coming, they had really unrully kids, and clogged up ERs because they got free care, and guess what-

We were paying for it!

And then, the ultra conservative George Bush, just did nothing, he even helped them get amnesty!

Oh, wait, that wasn't a dream....

It was the news.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

so anyways would the ak have worked with a m193 round, I remember in the dream that I was like fuck it I am dead either way...

Yes on both counts -
- you die in the end, and
- there is no doubt that the uber AK will fire everything picked up on the battle field, just as that crafty commie designed it to work.

You can compare the obviously compatible cartridge dimensions at these web sites -
www.ammo-oracle.com/body.htm
www.again.net/~steve/jpg/cd762x39.jpg
www.again.net/~steve/jpg/cd556nato.jpg

Link Posted: 6/17/2006 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I knew a guy once who shot a 5.56 round out of his AK. It was accident mind you, he was the same guy who couldn't figure out why he couldn't put more than four 7.62X39 rounds in my AR mags. The best part of this story is...he's a cop now. I sure hope he's professional enough.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I dreamt all night about a couple gun auctions I have bids in right now.

(True sign of a gun nut?)
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 5:02:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Sure 5.56 will work in an AK....at least one that is chambered for 5.56!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top