Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:46 PM EDT
You fucking thieves! You fucking lowlife snakes! Scum of the business world! Scum of the fraud UNIVERSE!

You have bilked the American people and hardly delivered on your worthless promises. The USA should be #1 for telecommunications infrastructure. But instead we are #16. Where is the infrastructure that was promised and paid for you rat bastards?! Satan's asshole smells of roses compared to the stink about you!

I live in the fucking RICHEST county in the U.S.A. and I can't get a decent god damned connection to the internet! DSL? Hell no! Cable? Dream on! Cellular? Piece of shit. Satellite? FUCK YOU!

Too fucking lazy to actually dig up some dirt and fucking lay some cable. COMCAST! I had 4 of my neighbors on board for your SHITTY 3 year commitment and you STILL decided it wasn't worth your effort! The one neighbor OWNS AND OPERATES HIS OWN UNDERGROUND UTILITY BUSINESS AND OFFERED TO PULL THE PERMITS AND DIG THE TRENCHES FOR YOU! HOLY SHIT! What the FUCK do we have to do to get some internet?

Well hello... What is this? They rolled out 4G at the city I'm in. I'll just order up.... FUCK IT DOESN'T COVER MY HOUSE! Why in the HELL did you put a 4G internet tower in the middle of fucking town where the city's franchise agreement already gets every household there DSL, cable, and FIOS internet?! Nobody in the city is going to want fucking 4G wireless when they can get shit tons better. TAKE YOUR FUCKING COVERAGE MAP AND INVERT IT, ASSHOLES! That's who wants your fucking stupid ass service! Your fucking service drops off RIGHT AT THE CITY LIMITS WHICH IS WHERE THE FRANCHISE AGREEMENTS END! ONE FUCKING MILE FROM MY HOUSE!

In the 90's the telecoms STOLE taxpayer money. They were PAID to bring fiber to every household. Not this FIOS shit. After they took the money they decided it wasn't enough. And they kept asking for more money and laws that would benefit them and not the consumer.

Now you god damned turds kill off every initiative a city makes to roll out their own fiber network because you assholes won't do it! You say it's unfair competition and it would stifle business rolls outs. Yea it may... except you're not competing!

This shit was supposed to be said and done by now. Every household in America was supposed to have blazing internet, TV, and phone service by now such that we could hardly imagine living without it. Like fucking running water. I've watched this shit go down since the 90s and it pisses me off to no end that I've struggled to get a decent connection to my house for over 2 years.

Want to know more? This page has a decent summary of the telecom bullshit

http://www.newnetworks.com/ShortSCANDALSummary.htm
-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
We might care but hey, where ya gonna go?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
and when we do start to cover your area, im going to refuse to do your install.

dispatch i have a hostile customer at my job 7.

even comcast has agents on arfcom.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Comcast runs RIGHT down my road. My address is in their service area. They just don't want to run the line to the house even tho they've certainly had every fucking incentive to do so. What else do you want when someone else offers to dig the fucking hole and run the cable for you?
-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
i give an 8/10

-2 for non-highspeed internet...

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I swear to God, I sent this to Cox today:

CustomerInquiry:
You should be ashamed of your internet conectivity. I have not had such
poor quality internet conrctivity since I had you last (I have
Brighthouse and Comcast since I last had you). If I had actually
remembered that Cox had such crappy internet service; I might have NOT
MOVED into this neighborhood. $400,000 house and 30 years on the
mortgage to go; and I cant wait to move to get better internet service
(that is; if I am still alive by then).

I feel your pain...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm considering 6meg DSL here in hillbilly hickland.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i get 11+ from comcast cable in central hillbilly hickland
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, cableone her in south hillbilly hickland goes to 6 but ATT 6meg DSL is going at 19.00/month/12mo. right now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Comcast runs RIGHT down my road. My address is in their service area. They just don't want to run the line to the house even tho they've certainly had every fucking incentive to do so. What else do you want when someone else offers to dig the fucking hole and run the cable for you?
-Foxxz

Maybe if you call and speak with the right people, not just the first phone jockey, you might be able to get somewhere. Maybe with a promise of getting X number of new customers by expanding a feeder line and tap down your street.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The US has pretty shitty Internet connectivity overall.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
10/10

because I agree with you on every point. I have 4G and it is not very reliable. Tonight I am getting worse than dial up speed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Sounds like you need to complain to your town's public utilities commission.  They might be able to pimp-slap Comcast for you.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#13]
My startup venture did a public poll here recently on telecom.............They're regarded about as highly as politicians are.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Maybe if you call and speak with the right people, not just the first phone jockey, you might be able to get somewhere. Maybe with a promise of getting X number of new customers by expanding a feeder line and tap down your street.

Thats EXACTLY what I did. I FINALLY pulled the right tails and got someone's attention by ringing some phones at the city and county offices. They put me in contact with their franchise liaison who put me in contact with the right people. Myself and several other neighbors signed a 3 year service agreement. My neighbor offered to do the trenching. The cable runs down the street our addresses are on. Our houses are in a cluster about 1000ft from the road. Hell one of the neighbors is 250 ft from the road and they won't run service. They're using satellite.

I have done everything short of offering sexual favors. I know they ran FIOS down the same road too but I think thats only being offered to a new housing development down the road

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

how far are you from the nearest tap?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Sounds like you need to complain to your town's public utilities commission.  They might be able to pimp-slap Comcast for you.

One mile outside city limits. Comcast has no obligation to provide service.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Tap is at the end of my driveway. Line of site its 900ft. Following the driveway 1200ft.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Wait till these telecoms kill net neutrality.  Then you'll service really go to shit.  Too bad the only person fighting FOR net neutrality is Al Franken...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Tap is at the end of my driveway. Line of site its 900ft. Following the driveway 1200ft.

-Foxxz

then they will have to extend the plant to you. it is not as simple as running a drop.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, cableone her in south hillbilly hickland goes to 6 but ATT 6meg DSL is going at 19.00/month/12mo. right now.

damn.  that's not a bad price. i pay like 60 for comcrap up here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]
This rant is pretty good actually, good topic,good grammar, big bad enemy, common problem , tax dollars involved,cursing reminds me of Al Swerangen of Deadwood.

I will give it a 9 out of 10 , its -1 only for lack of nudity , but without high speed internet , I understand.

9/10
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Thats EXACTLY what I did. I FINALLY pulled the right tails and got someone's attention by ringing some phones at the city and county offices. They put me in contact with their franchise liaison who put me in contact with the right people. Myself and several other neighbors signed a 3 year service agreement. My neighbor offered to do the trenching. The cable runs down the street our addresses are on. Our houses are in a cluster about 1000ft from the road. Hell one of the neighbors is 250 ft from the road and they won't run service. They're using satellite.

I have done everything short of offering sexual favors. I know they ran FIOS down the same road too but I think thats only being offered to a new housing development down the road

-Foxxz

ya goodluck with getting FIOS. Running Fiber is  a lot more $$ than running coax.

yay fios

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:07:21 AM EDT
[#23]
The great thing about 4g is if you're looking for home or office internet you know you already qualify for something better!

I found the specs on the modem.

2.5GHz to 2.7GHz

27.59 dbm max output (575 mw) (usually at the lowest frequency)

Using a frequency higher than wifi?! The only advantage is its licensed. That being the case, in a stationary station where power isn't a problem crank that transmit power UP! I have fucking WIFI gear that puts out more power than that! I wonder what they are using at the base station...

People... the conversion to digital TV was so the old TV frequencies could be used for long haul digital services such as 4g. We spent a shitload of taxpayer money to do it. Where is it? The frequencies have already been auctioned off. Bought by the telecom super monopolies so some smaller company can't come in and setup shop to do what the telecoms don't want to do. Why spend money when you are already overcharging customers for what they have now? If you build something better you are only obsoleting your prior investment. Fuck progress.
-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:14:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Wait a minute.  You're raging at one of the shining examples of successful capitalism?  One of the proofs that de-regulation is necessary to allow free-market economics to provide the best services at the best prices for the all-powerful consumer?

Shame on you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#25]
It definitely seems like a crock of shit that we're not #1.   We invented most of the technology the world uses, but we're lagging behind.  Europe had and has better cellular networks than we do.  They roll out the new shit much sooner than we do.

My house was built barely more than 2 years ago in a brand new development.  But I have no fiber.  I'm stuck on Time Warner.   They haven't been too bad, and I  usually get about 20Mbps down... yet not even 1Mbps up.   No Uverse in my 'hood.   Cable or DSL.  Fucking 10 year old tech, if not more.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Wait a minute.  You're raging at one of the shining examples of successful capitalism?  One of the proofs that de-regulation is necessary to allow free-market economics to provide the best services at the best prices for the all-powerful consumer?

Shame on you.

The only reason me and a vast majority of Americans even have phone service in our homes is because the gov requires it.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:18:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shame on you.

The only reason me and a vast majority of Americans even have phone service in our homes is because the gov requires it.

-Foxxz

Interesting.  I don''t have phone service in my house.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:21:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shame on you.

-Foxxz

Do the wires run to the house?

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:34:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

CustomerInquiry:

I feel your pain...

I hope you realize that you just told Cox you would be a customer for life.  They will care less about you now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shame on you.

-Foxxz

Do the wires run to the house?

-Foxxz

Don't know.  All I know is that the gov't doesn't make me have a phone, any more than they make me decode satellite transmissions.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Yea, that's what happens when the government fosters a monopoly, then tosses it to the wolves.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

CustomerInquiry:

I feel your pain...

I hope you realize that you just told Cox you would be a customer for life.  They will care less about you now.

Untill someone breaks the monopoly these F'ers got out here, We all are customers for life...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#33]
In the 90's the telecoms STOLE taxpayer money. They were PAID to bring fiber to every household. Not this FIOS shit. After they took the money they decided it wasn't enough. And they kept asking for more money and laws that would benefit them and not the consumer.

This is the part that people should be the most pissed about yet most people glaze right over it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This is the part that people should be the most pissed about yet most people glaze right over it.

Yea. I wanted to say this was several HUNDRED million or several billion dollars of tax payer money. Since I couldn't remember the specifics or find information to back up the amount I left that off. It was a Clinton era initiative that was to create a telecommuting culture and lessen traffic in busy cities. It was also touted as a green initiative.

If you can work from home you have cut your cost of living expenses by living anywhere. As an employer you can hire lower salary employees from areas of the country where the cost of living is lower. Instead we are sending pretty much every telecommute job to India.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I disagree with the correlation/causation scenario that you've laid out regarding telecommuting.

I could be telecommuting, as could all of my coworkers, but my COMPANY has decided that they prefer we drive to a common office.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I feel your pain. The only way I can even get a shitty connection is to put my fucking wireless modem up on the fucking roof. Then IF I ever cut my computer off, the next time I turn it back on I have to go up on the fucking roof to hit the damned button on the modem................

And still it sucks, connection wise.
Top Top