Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
“Working from her office”
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd say the Timbs decision could matter to a lot of people -- even gun owners.
The MN DNR will take your gun, truck, boat, and probably the shirt off your back if they think you've been poaching the king's game.
Time will tell.
View Quote
Since MacDonald and Heller, blue states have been banning everything they can and SCOTUS doesn't give a fuck.

LIberals and conservatives came together in this case because it was a heroin dealer and asset forfeiture is bullshit.

the liberals wanted to support heroin dealers and any other criminal they can.  conservatives wanted due process.

that alignment will NOT be repeated in support of gun owners GUARANFUCKINGTEED.

I will predict over 80% of future 5-4 decisions will be roberts siding with the communists.

want to go against that?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Another person who has no idea what he's talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
701 days will she make it?
Minus 365. A precedent has been set by both parties to not seat a new justice during a presidential election year.
Another person who has no idea what he's talking about.
Wasn't it Grassley who said that?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You may be a king or a little street sweeper...
View Quote
I got that reference.jpg
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since MacDonald and Heller, blue states have been banning everything they can and SCOTUS doesn't give a fuck.

LIberals and conservatives came together in this case because it was a heroin dealer and asset forfeiture is bullshit.

the liberals wanted to support heroin dealers and any other criminal they can.  conservatives wanted due process.

I will predict over 80% of future 5-4 decisions will be roberts siding with the communists.

want to go against that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MN DNR will take your gun, truck, boat, and probably the shirt off your back if they think you've been poaching the king's game.
Time will tell.

want to go against that?
That’s why we need her to die. Soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

want to go against that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time will tell.

want to go against that?
You really need to loosen up your tinfoil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
You need to go buy a gun in DC and get back to me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You need to go buy a gun in DC and get back to me.
View Quote
And there you go moving the goal posts again.
I don't care about DC, CA, NY, or NJ and their blue-state gun laws. MN has enough problems with our tiny R majority in the state senate.

This is a SCOTUS thread and I'm just here to mock your sweeping predictions as to what Roberts and the Court will do.
Let's get back to why you think Roberts with side with Bryer and the 3 female justices in 80% of future 5-4 decisions. Is that just for the reminder of this term (June, 2019), or until there's a change in the composition of the Court? Or just for cases that you think are important?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't care about DC, CA, NY, or NJ and their blue-state gun laws. MN has enough problems with our tiny R majority in the state senate.

This is a SCOTUS thread and I'm just here to mock your sweeping predictions as to what Roberts and the Court will do.
Let's get back to why you think Roberts with side with Bryer and the 3 female justices in 80% of future 5-4 decisions. Is that just for the reminder of this term (June, 2019), or until there's a change in the composition of the Court? Or just for cases that you think are important?
View Quote
I predicted that the SCOTUS would ignore all state infringments on gun rights.

So far they had enough clout to not even HEAR cases.

Now they have enough to ensure that we continue to lose.

I am shifting nothing.

Until Roberts leaves the bench 80% of his rulings will match the liberal justices and that EXCLUDES 9-0 decisions.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am shifting nothing.

Until Roberts leaves the bench 80% of his rulings will match the liberal justices and that EXCLUDES 9-0 decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am shifting nothing.

OK, so now it's 80% of 5-4, 6-3, 7-2 and 8-1 decisions? That really adjusts the odds in your favor compared to your original claim.
I'm calling another goal post repositioning penalty.
Do you count concurrences? What if Roberts agrees with the 4 lefties in the judgement but writes or joins a concurrence?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

OK, so now it's 80% of 5-4, 6-3, 7-2 and 8-1 decisions? That really adjusts the odds in your favor compared to your original claim.
Do you count concurrences? What if Roberts agrees with the 4 lefties in the judgement but writes or joins a concurrence?
View Quote
Fine 5-4.  This is simply votes.  Who gives a fuck what he writes.

Roberts is a liberal on the court.  Full stop.

I guess coming from the state that gave us Senator SNL I can understand the problems in defining what is liberal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Generally speaking a good predictor of what someone will do in the future is what they have already done in the past.

Which is why we do "background" checks on people in line for important positions.

That also affects horse racing odds.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess coming from the state that gave us Senator SNL I can understand the problems in defining what is liberal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great.
I disagree that what is written doesn't matter (see Thomas and Gorsuch concurrences in the Timbs decision yesterday) but just counting votes does make it more objective.

I'm not here to establish my conservative bona fides. This is just a fun little exercise to see if you're right on how Robert's behaves as the Court's new swing vote. Tag me in June when the term is done and we'll count up the votes between now and then.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Generally speaking a good predictor of what someone will do in the future is what they have already done in the past.

Which is why we do "background" checks on people in line for important positions.

View Quote
Obamacare was the first warning sign.

I chalked it up to Roberts wanting to protect the image of the court as "non partisan"

With Kennedy gone, Roberts now has to go full SJW to keep the decisions where they need to be in the name of progressive justice.

Catholics and Jews interpreting a document written by Protestants is an interesting phenomena to behold.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Great.
I disagree that what is written doesn't matter (see Thomas and Gorsuch concurrences in the Timbs decision yesterday) but just counting votes does make it more objective.

I'm not here to establish my conservative bona fides. This is just a fun little exercise to see if you're right on how Robert's behaves as the Court's new swing vote. Tag me in June when the term is done and we'll count up the votes between now and then.
View Quote
Deal.  I would like to have a sticky in the legal section to keep track, as this will disappear on GD quickly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#16]
RBG could star in The Walking Dead.

She can barely walk and emits a frothy gurgle
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Deal.  I would like to have a sticky in the legal section to keep track, as this will disappear on GD quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great.

Done.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time will tell.

want to go against that?
Can I get in on this?  You need to open your eyes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dang dude.  It ain't that hard.

He's saying Roberts is going to be a swing vote that more often than not swings lefty.  An example was how he morphed into a blindfolded contortion artist to save "Obamacare".

Some tinfoil hat people think "they" have something on Roberts.  His views have certainly "evolved" over time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]
In order to quell dissension they'll have to trot her out every 6 months or so or a passable replica...of course the replicaonly has to be "passable" to the Marxist media and their SWAMP agents on forums.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Any photos of RBG in public lately?  I've haven't seen or heard of any.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I read the transcripts of cases argued this week and Ginsburg sounds pretty sharp in her questioning
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I chalked it up to Roberts wanting to protect the image of the court as "non partisan"

With Kennedy gone, Roberts now has to go full SJW to keep the decisions where they need to be in the name of progressive justice.

Catholics and Jews interpreting a document written by Protestants is an interesting phenomena to behold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scalia was Catholic and he was the savior of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

want to go against that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time will tell.

want to go against that?
Even Bloomberg has noticed Roberts switch.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-01/hold-the-revolution-roberts-keeps-joining-high-court-liberals
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Roberts didn't switch. Much like his father did in appointing Souter,Dubya decided to appoint a liberal.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top