Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:43:50 AM EDT
Mods - hope it's ok to start a seperate thread on this - but I have been watching every news clip on Russion reaction I could find and while Putin seems to get it, the average Ivan does not....One father said he did not know who to blame....?  WFT?  Recall how the Ghurkas burned mosques and basically went apeshit - why aren't the Ruskies doing that also?  Maybe some of you have greater insight than me and can explain...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#1]
ok...forced to bump my own thread....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
and again...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess sheeple aren't confined to the US. I haven't seen any coverage of interviews with the families. I have barely seen any coverage that this event even took place!

Or maybe their media is like ours. Won't show the interviews where the person said "I want revenge" because it's not PC.

Either way...

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The Neutral Observer has seen some footage where they are fairly riled up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about "greater insight", but my opinion is that things will be coming down the pipe from the Russians. I think we will see some kind of retalitory response. I'm not sure what they are going to do, but I don't see that many children being massacered without some kind of response.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
well the parts of russia the muslims are in have been sealed off.... there arent really any in the rest of russia......

And it will take their military weeks if not months to gear up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The thing is you don't want to indescrimately go in and slam head of the innocent, but you've got to it surgically, ie find the culprits responsible and "crack some heads and break some knees."
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll take a stab at answering...
   1.  they have a long history of not trusting their goverment
   2.  our media does selective reporting and always puts the "goverment is at fault" spin on things
   3.  people in shock arn't exactly in their right minds, tending to lash out at the nearest precieved irritant...
   But, yes I am also astounded that blame is diverted from the perpetrators...even though it has been common practice for years from our media...
    I hear Puten wants to team up with others (UN resolution), probably US...maybe do some "surgical" response...?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
By STEVE WEIZMAN

(AP) Relatives of sisters Irina, foreground, and Alina Tetova, background, killed in the school siege,...
Full Image

Google sponsored links
Modern-Era Palestine Map - See a map which illustrates the history of Palestine and Israel
www.americantaskforce.org

Terror attacks in Israel - How to make a difference to the lives of victims of terrorism.
www.navah.org.il

JERUSALEM (AP) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Monday that Israel's renewed offer to share its experience of combatting militant groups, in the wake of the Russian school massacre, would give a boost to the fight against global terror.

Speaking to Israeli opposition leader Shimon Peres at the start of a whirlwind day of meetings with officials in Jerusalem, Lavrov said terrorism is one of the biggest challenges facing the international community.

"We appreciate the very strong readiness of the Israeli people to help Russia at this hour and this will certainly strengthen the counterterrorist coalition these days," he said.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#10]
It may be the whole "tragedy" mindset.  Remember, 9-11 was a "tragedy" not a brutal, heinous attack.  This incident in Ossetia is a "tragedy" not a massacre of children.  What causes the media to refer to events like this as "tragedies" as if it just happened and that nobody is to blame?  Is it simple moral relativism or is it something deeper such as the Christian tenant "judge not lest ye be judged"?  I don't know, but it angers me every time I hear the term "tragedy".
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont project our ideas of "tragedy" on to the Russians.

Our media for reasons of its own refuses to cover this story any further.  So you cannot say that there is no can of whoopass coming.

Go to Russian websites if you want to know when/where/who is going to get their ass wipped.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Traditionally the Russians have a 40 day mourning period. after that's over, look out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Traditionally the Russians have a 40 day mourning period. after that's over, look out.

Remember after the 9/11/01 WTC/Pentagon attacks, the USA took a few days to mourn, then those folks in Afghanistan felt the sharp point of the USA military.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Our media for reasons of its own refuses to cover this story any further.  So you cannot say that there is no can of whoopass coming.

Go to Russian websites if you want to know when/where/who is going to get their ass wipped.

The USA liberal media wants this event to go away, because it doesn't make their fair-haired boy, John Kerry look too good for the Nov elections. The USA news media will cover it only when they absolutely postively have to, and nothing more.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The USA liberal media wants this event to go away, because it doesn't make their fair-haired boy, John Kerry look too good for the Nov elections. The USA news media will cover it only when they absolutely postively have to, and nothing more.

I think it comes down to the simple and undeniable point that the US media doesn't want the let the word out that this is truly a GLOBAL war now. They don't want the jill soccer moms and the joe six packs to think for a moment that things like this happen to anyone other than the 'occupying forces' in Iraq or that meddling Israel. They don't want anyone thinking that WE could be hit again, especially for no more reason than simply being Americas, or being in America. They simply don't want to show the TRUE NATURE of this war right now. It doesn't fit their agenda that it is ALL George W's fault. If that can't link it somehow to GWB and blame him for it, it is outside THEIR 'agenda of change'.

To quote Zell Miller's address at the GOP convention: "But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my party today. In their warped way of thinking America is the problem, not the solution."

They don't believe there is any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself through our clumsy and misguided foreign policy.

It is horrible what has happened to these innocent children. Not to take away from this barbaric act, but people really need to consider WHY this isn't as big of an outrage here AND abroad as it is. You are being lulled into submission if you think otherwise.

People should TRULY QUESTION WHY this is being sweep away so easily. We live in a GLOBAL world. Is not global news still newsworthy?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The American media is ...The Neutral Observer isn't sure what it is.  They have never covered foreign news.  Shit like:

"In other news, nuclear weapons have been detonated in India and Pakistan, and NOW, three whales beached themselves in Oregon (cut to video clip of generic Oregon scenes while some dumb ass reporter voices over and talks about the fucking whales for 10 minutes)"

is common place.

Contrast this to BBC, who, bias aside(and not as much as US media), covers not only world news, but African news, which is usually ignored by all.

In addition, the American media lies like hell to support their agenda or sometimes even just to amuse themselves.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#18]
From CBC radio news heard today...
The CBC's man in the area reported that the "man on the street" feedback has been that the local populace is indeed looking for "revenge"... Once their children are buried.
Interviewing a taxi driver the man said that he... as do many others have their own weapons at home and will cross into **** to exact their revenge....
They feel the gov't doesn't/can't/ won't protect them so they will do it themselves
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure many of us here would like to be kept up-dated on this tragic event.  

Can anyone give us a link or web-site so we can follow the "news" -- like a site in Russia or ? ? ?

Thanks  ! !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top