Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/3/2022 5:32:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Dayummm... modern military tech right there!
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I swear to God, the sun never shines in that part of the world. Ever.
No wonder they're such rotten pricks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Weird. Maybe one of their Reserve guys? Some of them look pretty old...Or a battlefield pickup/souvenir?

That Mosin matches some of the antique vehicles that they brought along too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow a real “sniper” mosin!  

Gotta be $1k on his shoulder.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, they are reported to have mines full of old equipment……..
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
well at least its a sniper rifle

will still kill you dead
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit like that makes me think the whole Ukraine thing is a diversion. Do we know if any of the Russian specops units are in the mix? It almost feels like it's a half hearted attempt by Putin.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I mean....the AK is 75 years old
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Not suprised.  They are effective.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shit like that makes me think the whole Ukraine thing is a diversion. Do we know if any of the Russian specops units are in the mix? It almost feels like it's a half hearted attempt by Putin.
View Quote

Yes, Vals and AK-12s have been recovered as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Weird. Maybe one of their Reserve guys? Some of them look pretty old...Or a battlefield pickup/souvenir?

That Mosin matches some of the antique vehicles that they brought along too.
View Quote

Yeah these guys are probably far off the front lines. But it's still pretty sad.

Our cooks in Syria had brand new Mk18s mod 0's
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Kinda want
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Cook?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got news for ya, a 3-4MOA bolt gun/ammo/shooter combo is a perfectly acceptable DMR solution at the distances that these guys will be fighting.

The WW1 standard was exactly that, one man capable of 4MOA on man sized targets could dominate 160 square acres of land..... you make it sound like those same WW2 scoped Mosins didn't smoke-check a shitload of Germans.... I'll put a capable guy with a scoped Mosin ahead of your typical basement dweller performance with an AR any day. I'd prefer a better weapon too, but they filled a need with something that will work.

Get off the square paper range and get practical experience if you haven't.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I mean....the AK is 75 years old
View Quote

Yep...and our "modern" AR over 60
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]

That, ladies and gentlemen, is near peer!
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Russia is getting rid of whatever old shit they had laying around by giving it to their lowest troops and letting them die softening the defenses and setting up the network that will soon be hammering Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Russia is getting rid of whatever old shit they had laying around by giving it to their lowest troops and letting them die softening the defenses and setting up the network that will soon be hammering Ukraine.
View Quote

Gary Wright - DreamWeaver Official Video
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#19]
During the Soviet experience in Afghanistan, they revamped the PU sniper rifle using WWII rifles fitted with 80s production optics. In Communist fashion they did not throw things away even when they were obsolete.

Regardless, those are good rifles that will reach out and touch someone if the shooter does their part. Remember they are trying for minute-of-Ukrainian accuracy, not trying to get to Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I see a lot of old shit in that picture.
Are we sure it's from this conflict and not somewhere else?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a couple Mosins that are pretty accurate, and a couple that are not so much but minute of asshole.  That round is serious, similar to a 30.06.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a good rifle, if you have good ammo. That has always been a hindrance, Russian machine gun ammo is not good rifle ammo.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm about to attach a WW2 era Ajack scope to one of my Finn M91's
Would MUCH prefer an Ajack/Finn set up to the example in the photo...
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I’ve got one. Bought from SOG back in the day for $250ish. Great shooter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Probably more accurate than many SVDs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Moslings don't just exist in Tarkov!
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#27]
There is nothing about that picture I find dismissing at all.  Thread title suggests a squad armed with iron sight Nagants.

What I see is a scoped bolt action rifle that looks both well used and well cared for, slung by one member of that team, and guy who looks very comfortable with it, and what his particular job is with it.  

Of all the troops in that photo, he is the last one I would want to engage with.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#28]
When reenactors go to war.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Wait until Ben from Classic Firearms gets a hold of those. Sniper Mosins used in Ukraine! Hand select!
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Got news for ya, a 3-4MOA bolt gun/ammo/shooter combo is a perfectly acceptable DMR solution at the distances that these guys will be fighting.

The WW1 standard was exactly that, one man capable of 4MOA on man sized targets could dominate 160 square acres of land..... you make it sound like those same WW2 scoped Mosins didn't smoke-check a shitload of Germans.... I'll put a capable guy with a scoped Mosin ahead of your typical basement dweller performance with an AR any day. I'd prefer a better weapon too, but they filled a need with something that will work.

View Quote

Mkay. I think I'll take her over him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

You lost with the mosin over the AR scenario.

The rate of fire and weight of ammo is a bridge to far. The AR makes a better soldier no questions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like this reply is on the cusp of being really good copypasta material.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Supposedly these aren't Russian troops, but rather "Russian-backed separatists" - a distinction without difference, perhaps, but an explanation for why they're using the venerable moist nugget.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#34]
With 182 grain MG rounds that rifle has the power of a 300 win mag, Velocity around 2600 fps and ME of 3500-3700
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The rate of fire and weight of ammo is a bridge to far. The AR makes a better soldier no questions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think that partular team members job is to engage in room cleaning?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I see a lot of old shit in that picture.
Are we sure it's from this conflict and not somewhere else?
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
With 182 grain MG rounds that rifle has the power of a 300 win mag, Velocity around 2600 fps and ME of 3500-3700
View Quote

Oh yeah? But, will it kill?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course they're still deadly. Would I choose one over a modern bolt or semi-auto rifle? Nope. I've got a sweet little 7.65 Argentine carbine. Would I choose to carry it over any of my various black rifles? Nope. I get it... those beggers don't look like they were in any position to be choosers. But still... wouldn't be my choice.

This reminds me... I've got a large case/tin full of paper-wrapped 7.62x54 ammo that I've never had a use for (my dad gave it to me when he was housecleaning). I need to find a buddy with a Nagant to give it to. Not gonna ship that heavy pig.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice to see my 30's vintage rifle in first line service with a super power.  I am sure that adds to the value. Look at it this way the US Air Force still flies B-52's. Those represent the same as starting the gulf war or war in Afghanistan with B-29's and P-51's.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah these guys are probably far off the front lines. But it's still pretty sad.

Our cooks in Syria had brand new Mk18s mod 0's
View Quote

I'd peel potatoes for  MK18 !
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Needs a Javelin to the party
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Hope its a case of 'LOL look what I found', rather than the poor sap was issued that.

Sorta like:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Ah, it's a 91/30 PU. Those pop up all the time over there. There were pictures of them in use in Chechnya and Georgia as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's a good rifle, if you have good ammo. That has always been a hindrance, Russian machine gun ammo is not good rifle ammo.
View Quote

Czech Silvertip is best.  7N1 works too.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#46]
“If rifles could tell you where they’ve been….”
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Fake News, that is a photo from World War II that has been colorized.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
well at least its a sniper rifle

will still kill you dead
View Quote

I mean....   We still use bolt action sniper rifles.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#50]
What has surprised me is that we haven't seen more Mosins.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top