Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 4:50:50 PM EDT
Have any of you seen the advertisement for As Time Goes By? Rod Stewart in his wighat crooning out oldies; reeeal oldies. Sad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
He has more money than all of us put together probally, so he has to be doing something right. I'd sing a bunch of old crappy songs if someone would buy it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. Have you seen the video, "I'm in love with Stacy's Mom?" That is his ex-wife Rachel Hunter. He's pathetic alright. Pathetic for letting her get away. God she's gorgeous.

images.google.com/images?q=rachel+hunter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The last time he came to our area they couldn't sell enough tickets to fill half the arena. They were putting tickets on car windshields in our employee parking lot.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The last time he came to our area  

Where would this be?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Well maybe this new stuff does suck if you don't like oldies music.  Don't care for it myself.

However, Foot Loose and Fancy Free is one damn fine disc.  circa 77 or so.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I agree. Have you seen the video, "I'm in love with Stacy's Mom?" That is his ex-wife Rachel Hunter. He's pathetic alright. Pathetic for letting her get away. God she's gorgeous.

images.google.com/images?q=rachel+hunter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

He was also banging Alana Stewart before Rachel Hunter...and the late-20s something tart he's with now ain't too shabby either.  Rod travels in a whole other circle when it comes to females.  When you're that rich and that famous, they're sort of interchangeable.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing wrong with "oldies". Linda Ronstadt made some good oldies records a decade or so back, and there are several singers besides Rod doing that sort of thing these days. Too many "kids" these days bother to listen to any music  more than two or three years old.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#8]
this all implies that at some point in his life he WASNT pathetic....
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]
tcsd1236: I think you're right, but think back when you were that age, you probably did the same. But now days, many of those old songs end up in commercials on television. Many times when my children are riding in my car, I have the radio set on an oldies station, and they go I've that song before, and I quizzed them where they heard it, and they it was in this commercial for.......

Rod was really popular a many years ago, but I guess his star is starting to fade.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing like Eddie Money,or Barry Manilow to spice up your evening!

I would stay up all night just to see Kelly Ripa!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Rod Stewart is an air-headed moron that forced to wear paper bags over his head in public.  He has no talent.  He has no voice.  He has no personality.  He pisses me off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top