Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2001 2:57:35 PM EDT
Hi all,

I'm in need of something for bench shooting.  Two purposes.

1)  It must allow me to absolutely determine scope zero and test ammo.  In other words, since I'm not a great shot for these tests I want ME out of the equation.

2)  Something to assist me in learning trigger control.  In this case, I would still be a factor in the shot in that some control over point of impact is mine.  But I would like assistance in support to improve trigger control while I improve rifle control.

I don't want to spend a fortune.  I also don't want to buy this twice.

Thanks for tips on what and where to buy.,

James
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to save money compared to the Sinclair rests($132.50), get a Wichita Arms rest, available from Dillon. It is as adjustable as you should need, weighs 11 pounds for stability, and this sounds funny, but it sometimes attracts more attention from the gunners at the range than my AR10T does.
Get a protektor front and rear bag to go with it,featured on the same page in the Dillon Blue Press catalog.

Link Posted: 8/26/2001 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the Sinclair Bench Rest with the Windage All Purpose top, speed screw and hardened rest points.  With a Protektor #19 use it for .50 BMG to AR15's.

I would get the windage rest top.  It keeps you from having to scoot the rear of your rifle after each shot.  Really convenient.

The Sinclair works fine and it's cheaper than the Ransom.  I'd buy the Sinclair again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Hart set base with the windage adjustable rest.  Ron Hoehn has awesome service, and is a shooter himself, and sells stuff cheap.
[url]benchrest.com/hoehn/html/rest_tops.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would get the windage rest top.  It keeps you from having to scoot the rear of your rifle after each shot.
View Quote

If you have to "scoot" the rear of your rifle after shooting, you aren't using the rest right. When using right you move forward after each shot. Always silde your rifle forward and backward to test if you have the rifle in position,it should stay inline with the target, if not, move the rear of the rifle to where it lines up with the target. Also, use some talc or baby powder on the front bag to help the sliding of the rifle. There is some good info, I beleive in the Sinclair catalog on how to use a rest properly
HTH
KenS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top