Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 9:34:34 AM EDT
Got it resolved!  He came through. :)  He said he was waiting for his checks to be deposited before he would call and was sorry about the mistake.  Glad all is well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If the guy really wants this check paid, he would be trying to get hold of [u]you[/u], to explain why his check was not honored when it was presented for payment!

Your state's laws may differ, but before any District Attorney would take a criminal charge of 'Theft by Check' here in Texas, you would have had to have sent the DRAWER of the check a demand letter asking that the check be paid in TEN DAYS!

If no payment is made after TEN DAYS in Texas, it is presumed that the DRAWER intended to steal the goods by use of a bad check!

The ball is in your buyer's court right now!

There is no way HE doesn't know his check failed to clear!

Eric The(Hang'EmHigh)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell I will call him.

Who do you want me to be ?
Banker, hitman, golfer.

Send me the # with the info you want

IM SENT

ETH

Why cant the guy not know he wrote a bad check ?
I havent written one but I have been given one. The guy said he didnt know and I believed him.
He made it good right away.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Called and got the machine. I left a message asking a call back.  "I would be in the area and didnt want to carry all my stuff, could he help."
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
i wrote a check once for $3600 that bounced higher than anna nicoles ass on a trampoline.  seems the bank wanted to hold a $10,000 deposit for two fucking weeks without telling me.  you know what else they forgot to tell me? that my check bounced. so i continued to write more checks and use the hell out of my debit card all the while thinking that i was on the black.  when my debit card stoped being accepted after i had overdrawn my account by over $4000!!! i called the bank myself to enquire. they explained the situation (even though it was about two weeks after the fact) and i immediately called the business that i had bounced the check to.  they didnt have my current phone number and had been freaking out thinking i ran off with the cash.

MORAL OF THE STORY: banks today, especially huge national banks arent what they used to be. keep trying to reach they guy and don't immediately think he's a thief especially if hea has been a good customer before. oh and dont accept COD's... or at the very least dont accept company checks use cashiers checks or money orders.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
He called or someone name John or johnathan called and left a mesage for me about 10 mins ago.

Do you want me to return call ?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Morgan,

Doo exactly as ETH suggested, send it by certified mail and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It might be time to publisize what state he's in. If it's Oregon, I'd be glad to pay him a visit...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
here in illinois you can deposit the check twice, after it comes back from your bank with do not redeposit you can go to your bank and ask them to put it up for collection.  they will send it to the issue bank and there is a freeze on check writers funds till there is enough money to cover the bad check. this also screws up his account so if  he has a ten dollar check go thru it will be bounced back even though he has the money in his account.
its a hassle  but you get first priority on his balance.
there is usually a fee from your bank for this though. after that  go to the cops and he will have to post bail in the amount of the bad check. i have done this a few times over the years. not sure  if law is same in your state
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Customer bounced a check to me a few months back. I followed protocol per the District Attorneys office. You may want to do the same. It is an awesome system if you do it right.

First you have to make attempt of contact via phone.

Second you have to send a CERTIFIED letter for demand of payment.

If you have not received a response... send EVERYTHING to the DA's office and THEN the "Fit will hit the Shan"

Fines, Check writing class(embarassing) it is all good for you and they will NEVER write another bad check again. Or so you hope.

I would check your DA's office to see if they have such a program. If they do...GREAT.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Mind you that you attempt to warn them twice and THEIR BANK warns them too. They get a notice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top