Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/10/2007 7:13:34 PM EST
Has anyone here played the PC port of Resident Evil 4?

I have no interest in buying a PS2 or Wii just to play this. Considering the limitations of the port (no mouse support, terrible graphics, etc) is it worth the $45 for the game and controller to play it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:25:17 AM EST
RE4 for the PC is only $20 now and yes it is very worth it, its one of the greatest games of all time IMO.

You'll love this guy
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:19:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rosenrot:
RE4 for the PC is only $20 now and yes it is very worth it, its one of the greatest games of all time IMO.

You'll love this guy
cubemedia.gamespy.com/cube/image/article/539/539956/resident-evil-4-20040818025734689.jpg

My only reservation was having to spend another $25 for a decent game controller since the game has no mouse support. I ended up placing an order on Newegg last night for the Half Life 2 "Orange Box" and I was considering adding RE4 to the order.

If the game is that good I'll go ahead and buy it next time.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:21:04 AM EST
RE4 is truly one of the best games ever. I think I've played it through about 20 times, and each time it just gets better!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:31:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By Conju:
RE4 is truly one of the best games ever. I think I've played it through about 20 times, and each time it just gets better!

Now I'm wishing I would have bought the damn thing last night.

Instead I bought the series Firefly on DVD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:30:32 AM EST
If you are used to PC games but not a game controller you'll hate it- the controls are all "wrong" and there is no support to change them up. Personally, I can't get the hang of using a game controller down (yeah, yeah, I'm a retard ); I can't get past that first boulder where you have to run then hit a couple of buttons. I got pissed and stuck the game in a drawer and haven't pulled it out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:27:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
If you are used to PC games but not a game controller you'll hate it- the controls are all "wrong" and there is no support to change them up. Personally, I can't get the hang of using a game controller down (yeah, yeah, I'm a retard ); I can't get past that first boulder where you have to run then hit a couple of buttons. I got pissed and stuck the game in a drawer and haven't pulled it out.

I'm used to the old Xbox controller, so I might do alright if I find one with a similar layout.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:51:40 AM EST
There IS a mod that enables mouse support but it's hardly worth it. The controls still suck on ice. A PC game shouldn't have to rely on Kiddie Kontrollers to be playable. The story is dull and all game mechanics are poorly executed. I don't know what game you guys were playing but this piece of shit wasn't even worth the BitTorrent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:43:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By ookami:
There IS a mod that enables mouse support but it's hardly worth it. The controls still suck on ice. A PC game shouldn't have to rely on Kiddie Kontrollers to be playable. The story is dull and all game mechanics are poorly executed. I don't know what game you guys were playing but this piece of shit wasn't even worth the BitTorrent.

Based on the shortcuts the developers took to port the game to PC, I wouldn't feel bad going the BT route to try it out before I buy. I'm disappointed that you didn't like the storyline. I will put up with crappy graphics if the storyline is good.
Top Top