Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 8:13:34 PM EDT
Has anyone here played the PC port of Resident Evil 4?

I have no interest in buying a PS2 or Wii just to play this. Considering the limitations of the port (no mouse support, terrible graphics, etc) is it worth the $45 for the game and controller to play it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
RE4 for the PC is only $20 now and yes it is very worth it, its one of the greatest games of all time IMO.

You'll love this guy
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
RE4 for the PC is only $20 now and yes it is very worth it, its one of the greatest games of all time IMO.

You'll love this guy
cubemedia.gamespy.com/cube/image/article/539/539956/resident-evil-4-20040818025734689.jpg

My only reservation was having to spend another $25 for a decent game controller since the game has no mouse support. I ended up placing an order on Newegg last night for the Half Life 2 "Orange Box" and I was considering adding RE4 to the order.

If the game is that good I'll go ahead and buy it next time.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
RE4 is truly one of the best games ever. I think I've played it through about 20 times, and each time it just gets better!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
RE4 is truly one of the best games ever. I think I've played it through about 20 times, and each time it just gets better!

Now I'm wishing I would have bought the damn thing last night.

Instead I bought the series Firefly on DVD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are used to PC games but not a game controller you'll hate it- the controls are all "wrong" and there is no support to change them up.  Personally, I can't get the hang of using a game controller down (yeah, yeah, I'm a retard ); I can't get past that first boulder where you have to run then hit a couple of buttons.  I got pissed and stuck the game in a drawer and haven't pulled it out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you are used to PC games but not a game controller you'll hate it- the controls are all "wrong" and there is no support to change them up.  Personally, I can't get the hang of using a game controller down (yeah, yeah, I'm a retard ); I can't get past that first boulder where you have to run then hit a couple of buttons.  I got pissed and stuck the game in a drawer and haven't pulled it out.

I'm used to the old Xbox controller, so I might do alright if I find one with a similar layout.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]
There IS a mod that enables mouse support but it's hardly worth it. The controls still suck on ice. A PC game shouldn't have to rely on Kiddie Kontrollers to be playable. The story is dull and all game mechanics are poorly executed. I don't know what game you guys were playing but this piece of shit wasn't even worth the BitTorrent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There IS a mod that enables mouse support but it's hardly worth it. The controls still suck on ice. A PC game shouldn't have to rely on Kiddie Kontrollers to be playable. The story is dull and all game mechanics are poorly executed. I don't know what game you guys were playing but this piece of shit wasn't even worth the BitTorrent.

Based on the shortcuts the developers took to port the game to PC, I wouldn't feel bad going the BT route to try it out before I buy. I'm disappointed that you didn't like the storyline. I will put up with crappy graphics if the storyline is good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top