Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/24/2001 4:50:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2001 5:08:28 AM EST by Major-Murphy]
[url]http://www.marforres.usmc.mil[/url] Go down the page to the "Reserve Marines activation information" section and click on the link. Then click on the red link in the upper right corner.... Semper fi.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:15:24 AM EST
Major, I just faxed my SSgt warrant and DD214 in to the Prior Service Recruiter this morning. He said the grunt battalion over in Fort Worth is hurting for SNCOs, and is setting up an interview with the I&I SgtMaj for me. My wife is not happy. Whattaya gonna do? [shrug] [b]Freedom isn't free[/b] Semper Fidelis Jarhead out. [img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:19:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2001 5:19:35 AM EST by Smalls]
Good to go Jarhead_22. So what happens if SNM volunteers to mobilize? Fly to Camp Swampy will all my gear? Get attached to a MOS related company? Get on a ship for parts unknown? I'm a reserve Combat Engineer out of Battle Creek, Mi. I volunteered for the 02 UNITAS float. This might be interesting to but was just wondering what would the mobilization entail.. Thanks Smalls LCpl of Marines
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:21:39 AM EST
Who knows? Whatever the Corps needs....
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:16:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By Major-Murphy: Who knows? Whatever the Corps needs....
View Quote
Ain't that the truth? "The needs of the Marine Corps" covers a lot of bases!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:37:55 AM EST
Wel if I weren't getting MARRIED on October 21st this might be an option.... I know, I know, if the Corps wanted you to have a wife they would have ISSUED you one....rats Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:58:20 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:16:25 AM EST
For any that would like, or need, a copy of their DD214, health or personnel records, check out this link at the VA: [url]http://www.nara.gov/regional/mprsf180.html[/url] Fill out the SF180 form and mail it into the proper address. That's all it takes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:23:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:26:34 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:27:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By kpel308: HA! Jarhead_22, I've sent my form in 6 months ago, and filled it out again at NARA/MPRC 3 months ago (I live about 1/4 mile from the facility in St. Louis on Page Avenue). Still, no little piece of paper in the mail. Here's to hoping.[beer] Semper Fi! Ken Little
View Quote
Aw geeze, and they're probably swamped now, too. Well, I've sent mine in because all I could find was a photocopy, but at least I have something. Like you said, Ken: Here's to hoping.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:42:05 AM EST
What about those no longer in IRR? [:(] havoc
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:59:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By havoc: What about those no longer in IRR? [:(] havoc
View Quote
Hey bud, I'm 3 years out of IRR, and the recruiter was glad to hear from me. If you're five years or more out of IRR, you'll need to get a waiver, but I don't think you'll have any trouble as long as you're in shape and haven't spent the intervening time doing ecstasy and fomenting revolt.
Top Top