Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 12:45:36 PM EDT
My Mother in Law lives in Hattiesburg, MS.  She made it through the storm and was realitively lucky having sustained minimal property damage.  She wants to go to brother in laws house in Dallas, TX but she is concerned about the availability of gas enroute along I-20.

If any of you have driven that route recently and could provide a "road report" regarding fuel availability as well as any other hazards enroute I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I guess its safe to say that the highway is passable, but if a lot of refugees are traveling on it gas availability is an even bigger concern.

I'm trying to talk them out of travelling to Dallas anyway.  I think my mother in law is expecting to be able to aquire a generator while in Dallas.  Being in Florida, I still have a very clear memory regarding generator availability following a hurricane (and last years Florida storms were nothing compared to whats happening in LA and MS).

Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It must be ok - we're getting a ton of LA residents coming into the Dallas / Fort Worth area.  Nearly all of them coming from either the I-20 or I-45 routes.

+1

While I have seen some folks lining up at a few stations in DFW, I believe gas is still available...but expensive.

They should be fine.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend who evac'd to Longview said its expensive, but available.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't speak for other areas,but Shreveport still has good supply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top