Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 8:14:22 PM EST
Anyone else see this show tonight? It was a fairly unbiased look at who is Republican in Hollywood, and the crap they put up with. How hard it is to get a job being conservative, etc. etc.

I didn't know Drew Carey was a big republican, he's pro bush and pro Iraq war. It was pretty interesting, worth a watch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:39:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By DarkKnight:

I didn't know Drew Carey was a big republican

Actually, he's a Libertarian.

Still, with so few conservative people to choose from in Hollywood, you tend to overlook 'minor' differences like that...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:41:16 PM EST
Yeah, he said that " Libertarians are Republicans who like to get high sometimes" which I thought was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:49:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By DarkKnight:
I didn't know Drew Carey was a big republican, he's pro bush and pro Iraq war. It was pretty interesting, worth a watch.

From what i have read, he is really a nice guy. They were asking some Vegas waitress how celebrities were as tippers. Her best tipper was Carey: $150 tab, $300 tip. Her worst was Tiger Woods: $200 tab, $20 tip.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:05:35 AM EST
Carey was a Marine also... you don't tend to see a lot of blissninnies coming out of MCRD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:10:02 AM EST
I have afriend who was deployed to Kosovo a few years back, Drew Carey did a Thanksgiving show for them. A celebrity spending time with the troops over a holiday is pretty darn cool in my book.

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:07:41 AM EST
i met drew in vegas a few years back when he did that hbo special. we were coming from a wedding at the hard rock cafe. he was such a nice guy, he put us in the ending credits of the show and hung out with him for a while. like i said, a real nice guy.
mp
Top Top