Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 10:39:31 PM EDT
Don't worry, the illegals are about to be amnestied, so there will be NO more problem with illegals

Report: Illegal Immigration Has Increased
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
Associated Press Writer
Sep 27, 2005
WASHINGTON
www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/27/D8CSSA9G0.html
Illegal immigrants are increasing despite tighter border security and now outnumber foreigners moving to the United States legally.

The Pew Hispanic Center reported Tuesday that immigration in general has been picking up, tracking the reviving American economy and improving jobs picture.

"The U.S. economy was obviously a very important factor in determining these flows," said Roberto Suro, director of the center and a co- author of its study.

Immigration _ both legal and illegal _ topped 1.5 million people in 1999 and 2000, according to the report. The number of people entering the United States then plummeted to 1.1 million people by 2003, the same level as in 1992.

Immigration bounced back to 1.2 million in 2004, but the report cautioned that it is difficult to say whether the recent upswing is part of a new trend.

"The extremely high (immigration) flows at the end of the past decade were not the norm, nor part of a long-term trend, but rather the peak of a momentary increase that lasted for only a few years," said the report, which was written by Suro and demographer Jeffrey Passel.

The report documents immigration levels from 1992 to 2004, generating estimates from a variety of Census data.

The Pew Hispanic Center is a nonpartisan research organization supported by the Pew Charitable Trusts.

Border security gained national attention last month after the governors of two states, Arizona and New Mexico, declared states of emergency on their borders with Mexico. The governors cited security shortcomings by the federal government.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said at the time that he had already ordered a review of border security strategy.

"The Pew report is yet another indicator that the immigration system is broken," said a statement by John Cornyn, chairman of the Senate's Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship Subcommittee. "Immigration reform must be comprehensive and address both enforcement and improved avenues for legal immigration."

The Texas Republican has co-authored a bill that would create a temporary worker visa, as well as a mandatory system for employers to check on the immigration status of prospective employees.

The Pew report said immigration levels closely mirror economic conditions in the United States _ as the economy improves, immigration increases _ suggesting that the lure of jobs is a strong factor in attracting people to this country. The U.S. economy appears to be a stronger factor than economic conditions in the countries sending immigrants here, the report said.

Among the report's findings:

_Since 2001, the number of legal permanent residents entering the United States has declined from 578,000 to 455,000, while the number of illegal immigrants has increased from 549,000 to 562,000. Legal, temporary residents account for the remainder of people entering the country.

"We've seen a fairly steady growth in the number of undocumented immigrants living here, and this data shows very sizable numbers coming in," Passel said. "We're clearly not stopping them at the border."

Declines in legal immigration "appear to reflect processing backlogs, security delays and other developments that followed the Sept. 11 attacks," the report said.

_Mexico accounted for about a third of all U.S. immigrants, a percentage that was steady from 1992 to 2004. Other Latin American countries accounted for about 20 percent of all immigrants, Asia accounted for a little more than a quarter, and Europe and Canda combined to account for about 14 percent.

_More immigrants are shunning states with large immigrant communities, such as New York and California, and moving to states with smaller foreign-born populations, such as North Carolina and Iowa.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
tell us something we don't know...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So, in Texas you can shoot a trespasser if you first verbally tell them to get off your land or if you are facing an armed intruder......

Does this also work towards illegals?

Y'all need to seriously  tighten up your southern border, I love travelling the the USofA, but if you keep turning more and more into Mexico (aka a third world shithole, and don't deny it, I have been to parts of the south that suck as much a any part of Mexico) I will be forced to find other destinations to vacation to and spend money in, and I don't liek other countries, I like the USofA, I am just sick and tired of reading Spanglish, spanish, or gibberish everywhere I go instead of Englsih which was the official language last time I checked.

Shit, if I want to go somewhere where people don't speak English and are rude I might as well go to Quebec
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, in Texas you can shoot a trespasser if you first verbally tell them to get off your land or
if you are facing an armed intruder......

Does this also work towards illegals?

Yup, its like the wild west  Washington D.C. down here, shoot at will
(illegals are a protected species, they are exempt from most laws)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't find anything on it, unfortunately.  Someone told me that all changed in 1997 but I couldn't find any verification that English is indeed the official language.  And that is sad.  Because it makes me feel like the ignorant one when someone starts going off in Spanish.  Seriously.  If it was official, I could say, "Hey, when you're on this side of the border, you speak OUR language."  Without that to back us up we have nothing

You get in trouble for pretty much anything here.  There was a trial in Del Rio a few years back where this guy shot an illegal trespassing and was sent to jail for it.  So we all learned from that - shoot to kill.  Seriously.  Because people down here are so obsessed with "cultural enhancement" that they ignore the crime at hand.

I don't mind Mexican tourists so much as I mind people I know live here i.e. bringing their paycheck to the bank.  

However, I've said this before and I'll say it again, English official here or not.

My mom came from across the ocean never having set foot in this country until she was 26, having been fluent in English since grade school.  That gives people that cross a river and live here for years not knowing shit NO excuse whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
English has NOT been adopted as the official language of the United States despite several attempts
there are organizations devoted to this very unlikely goal
you may be able to find out about the STATES that have adopted official languages
but, not all of them are english

eta: I've posted the info in another thread, but it was many threads ago............
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
English has NOT been adopted as the official language of the United States despite several attempts
there are organizations devoted to this very unlikely goal
you may be able to find out about the STATES that have adopted official languages
but, not all of them are english

eta: I've posted the info in another thread, but it was many threads ago............

What??  What are these other languages?

And it pisses me off how PC the government is with this crap.  Y'know, I don't see that many signs in Asian characters even though I've heard a lot of first-generation Asians don't know the language at all; they just pick it up.  So I'm guessing they're not whining enough for anyone to do anything about it.  Whole other world, I guess.  Is it really that much to ask that people know the language?  I hate the BS that it's hard.  I'd much rather hear someone attempt it no matter how bad it sounds than expect me to just bend over backwards for them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a starting point, it may be that some of them have changed
I thought there were more of them that had a foreign language as a second official language
eta: this may be wikipedia, but I definitely remember MORE than four states that had
official languages other than english or in combination with english

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_official_languages_by_state
United States

No official language statewide, English is the de facto official language.
Carolinian (in the Northern Mariana Islands)
Chamorro (in Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands)
English (in Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming)
French (in Louisiana)
Hawaiian (in Hawaii)
Samoan (in American Samoa)
Spanish (in New Mexico and Puerto Rico)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

Language
Main article: Languages in the United States

The United States does not have an official language at federal level; nevertheless, English is the first and/or only language of the overwhelming majority of the population and serves as the de facto official language: English is the language used for legislation, regulations, executive orders, treaties, federal court rulings, and all other official pronouncements.

Twenty-seven individual states have adopted English as their official language, and three of those—Hawaii, Louisiana, and New Mexico—have also adopted a second official language (Hawaiian, French and Spanish, respectively). Spanish follows English as the second-most spoken language in the United States, primarily due to the influence of recent Latin American immigrants and the fact that almost a fifth of its continental territory was originally part of Mexico, and it is a primary spoken language in some areas of the Southwest. Puerto Rico's first language is Spanish, and while it is a US territory not a state its citizens have similar rights and their migration has a significant linguistic impact on New York State and other areas.

The primary signed language is American Sign Language (ASL).

As of 2004, the United States was the home of approximately 336 languages (spoken or signed), of which 176 are indigenous to U.S. territory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/population.jpg

habla español?

Si, poco........bastante que puedo communicar quando es neccessario
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

habla español?

viva los Estados Unidos de Aztlan!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/20010905-2-1.jpg

Viva Vincente!!! Viva Jorge!!!!!!

Viva la raza blanca
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

habla español?

viva los Estados Unidos de Aztlan!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/20010905-2-1.jpg

Viva Vincente!!! Viva Jorge!!!!!!

Viva la raza blanca

Tell that to a Texas ATM……

Elija su lengua…

Español o inglés…

I started learning french and spanish
I didn't think I could learn both
I am soooooooo glad I decided on spanish
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You get in trouble for pretty much anything here.  There was a trial in Del Rio a few years back where this guy shot an illegal trespassing and was sent to jail for it.  So we all learned from that - shoot to kill.  Seriously.  Because people down here are so obsessed with "cultural enhancement" that they ignore the crime at hand.

Something similar happened recently when two ranches were given to illegals because
the rancher stopped, beat, threatened and then released them when they were trespassing
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This may help...

"As American patriots, we are joinig to take back an America that has lost the rule of law on which it was founded - a nation that is nearly unrecognizable from only a generation ago. We raise our voices in our common language to demand that our borders be secured, our laws be enforced, and that our Constitution be honored."

Wow, I think those are great ideas, I also think that it is too late , what do you think?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Report: Illegal Immigration Has Increased(the hits just keep on comin)

[Bill Engvall] Here's your sign! [/Bill Engvall]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Something similar happened recently when two ranches were given to illegals because
the rancher stopped, beat, threatened and then released them when they were trespassing

I know Nethercott's ranch went to the illegals.

The ranch where (Nethercott's) the assault happened was Sutton's ranch.  Sutton settled out of court.

What is the 2nd ranch that was given...err...stolen?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ranch where (Nethercott's) the assault happened was Sutton's ranch.  Sutton settled out of court.

That is the story I was thinking about, I thought they both got taken\given
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh...OK.

Sutton settled out of court for 6 figures.  Damn shame...but it was the cheaper route.  Sutton is one hell of a good man.  His wife is a riot.

Nethercott f*cked them over but good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh...OK.

Sutton settled out of court for 6 figures.  Damn shame...but it was the cheaper route.  Sutton is one hell of a good man.  His wife is a riot.

Nethercott f*cked them over but good.

Texas law is supposedly one of the most "permissive" in dealing with intruders\tresspassers\assaults
but, when it comes to handcuffing\arresting\detaining someone it is real easy to make a BIG mistake
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#23]
And don't forget who the minority is now in TX.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I say we set up a mile-wide "Dead Zone" between the U.S.-Mexico border. There should be mines,

snipers, over-lapping machine gun fire-zones, nuclear weapons testing, rabid dogs, Helo Fly-Bys and

Mini-Gun testing sessions. If the illegals can survive all that, then they deserve to be U.S. citizens, if

not... problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I say we set up a mile-wide "Dead Zone" between the U.S.-Mexico border. There should be mines,

snipers, over-lapping machine gun fire-zones, nuclear weapons testing, rabid dogs, Helo Fly-Bys and

Mini-Gun testing sessions. If the illegals can survive all that, then they deserve to be U.S. citizens, if

not... problem solved.

Considering that terrorists have actually been CAUGHT crossing the border, there should be a zero survivability zone
(there is a new designation: They're called 'Special Interest Aliens" or "SIA.")
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#26]
It looks like there is going to be a gathering of Citizens protesting against illegal immigration
I wonder if the illegals will be allowed to use their usual violent tactics at the TX State Capitol?

Austin - A coalition of groups, taxpayers, concerned citizens, political activist, and candidates advocating "Secure Texas Borders" will be holding a rally at the Texas State Capitol.  
Date: October 1, 2005
Time: 10:30 am till noon
Live Press Conference: 11:30 am

MC: Maria Martinez (Central Texas policy analyst)

Sponsors:
U.S. Border Watch
Texas Minutemen
Young Conservatives of Texas
The Austin Townhall Conservatives (Immigration Reform Committee)
Free Republic.com
The Constitution Party
Don Zimmerman (State House District 50 Candidate, and Founder "Save Our Taxpayers")

All sponsors or their representatives will be available for comment during live press conference at 11:30 am.

Curtis Collier, co-founder of U.S. Border Watch asks, "All Patriotic Americans who care about securing our borders, and securing our Nation need to attend and show their support for this cause and the candidates who support it."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top