Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2018 11:30:38 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe, but this really pisses me off that this even being considered:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/repealing-the-second-amendment-

Dave W.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
When they try to nullify The Bill of Rights it will be go time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
At least they are finally being honest. The left has always wanted complete disarmament and confiscation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
As far as I am concerned, if the 2nd Amendment is repealed, the social contract binding the country together is also eliminated.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At least they are finally being honest. The left has always wanted complete disarmament and confiscation.
View Quote
This.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
You want another civil war? ...because that's how you get a civil war.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the honesty on their part will backfire and work in favor of gun rights.  Even if it doesn’t, it’s good ammunition, no pun intended.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no problem with it.  If the Second Amendment protects the individual right to bear arms, then the only way you can have constitutional gun control laws is to repeal it first.

And make no mistake, an attempt to repeal the Second would be awesome to watch.  A roll-call vote in Congress for repeal of the 2nd would force a lot of those shifty Democrats and Republicans who play both sides of the issue to make a choice.  It would end up being a humiliating defeat for the liberals because I doubt there are only about 10-20% of Congressmen who would feel comfortable enough politically to vote for repeal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It doesn't stop with the Second.
The totalitarian Left will roll on the First thereafter.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#10]
For some reason they think this will not end violently. A repeal would mean a total civil war
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Key word is try, don’t let them put pen to our Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup, this is good news and gives those of on the 2A side the evidence that we've been saying all along.. it doesn't end up with bump stocks or ARs, it's incremental gun control until full on repeal. That former judge screwed up the deception game for his side today!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#15]
A repeal of the second amendment would result in a number of unintended consequences.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I kind of agree.  Let's do the repeal and replace, like we should have done with Obama care.

"The right of American citizens to keep and bear modern arms shall not be infringed.  No state or local jurisdiction may enact laws limiting or prohibiting such ownership.  Those convicted at the state or federal level for violent felonies shall be disqualified ownership and possession of arms.  No conviction for misdemeanor crimes may be considered disqualifying."
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can’t wait to get my liberal skin sport coat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have no problem with it.  If the Second Amendment protects the individual right to bear arms, then the only way you can have constitutional gun control laws is to repeal it first.

And make no mistake, an attempt to repeal the Second would be awesome to watch.  A roll-call vote in Congress for repeal of the 2nd would force a lot of those shifty Democrats and Republicans who play both sides of the issue to make a choice.  It would end up being a humiliating defeat for the liberals because I doubt there are only about 10-20% of Congressmen who would feel comfortable enough politically to vote for repeal.
View Quote
You don’t really know how it works do you.  Congress can’t repeal amendments.  They can’t add them either.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As far as I am concerned, if the 2nd Amendment is repealed, the social contract binding the country together is also eliminated.
View Quote
It will no longer be the USA as we were raised to love.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I've got four very simple words that clear every debate up "shall not be infringed "
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I kind of agree.  Let's do the repeal and replace, like we should have done with Obama care.

"The right of American citizens to keep and bear modern arms shall not be infringed.  No state or local jurisdiction may enact laws limiting or prohibiting such ownership.  Those convicted at the state or federal level for violent felonies shall be disqualified ownership and possession of arms.  No conviction for misdemeanor crimes may be considered disqualifying."
View Quote
Add in "Any attempt to violate or circumvent this amendment shall be punishable by death.  The immediate family of any person attempting to violate or circumvent this amendment shall be forever banished from the United States and forfeit all possessions and financial holdings."
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You don’t really know how it works do you.  Congress can’t repeal amendments.  They can’t add them either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not correct. Unless a convention of the states is called, an amendment would first have to come from congress, and they would most certainly have to vote on it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I won’t see a repeal in my lifetime, this I can guarantee. I do worry about our kids and grandkids though. I am starting to get more involved in my states affairs but this is federal and needs to be nipped in the as5
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It will no longer be the USA as we were raised to love.
View Quote
The sentiment of many, after the last Civil war
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Half of them are screaming he’ll yeah but half are saying he’s a Republican don’t blame us we just want to ban AR15s
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This.

Dave W.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

Dave W.
Yep.  They repeal the Second (or the First, or...) then they've pushed way past civil disobedience time.  That's a call for open civil war.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly.  Which is why they will continue to "repeal" it in practice, if not by amending the actual document.

Injustice Stevens call for repeal is a rare public admission of their goals.  Don't expect it to mean a change in tactics.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who would Fo first? Everyone has to work, family stuff.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#29]
no matter what route they chose to disarm us, it will not end well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're thinking in terms of the First Battle of Bull Run.  An open confrontation between massed forces of opposing sides isn't likely.  It will be guerrilla warfare, targeted attacks on opposing leaders and infrastructure, etc.  Requires far fewer actual combatants, and don't kid yourself, there are enough people with motivation and time to start it, on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep - Commies are gonna Commie.

Helicopter rides for the lot of them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#33]
They already have incrementally, we are like frogs in a boiling pot of water.

I WANT them to think they have the upper hand and now is the time for a full repeal - let's get this fight done and over with so my kids and grandkids don't have to.

I think we should start pushing for the repeal, time we start actually playing 3D chess......
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I prefer this.  No pretense, no curtains. Honesty. They want us disarmed.

I don't see this happening in my lifetime but I'd say we're on the road for it to be attempted eventually.

If it happens before I croak, so be it, let come what may.  At this point I am fatigued and no longer interested in playing nice or being reasonable with useful idiots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They already have incrementally, we are like frogs in a boiling pot of water.

I WANT them to think they have the upper hand and now is the time for a full repeal - let's get this fight done and over with so my kids and grandkids don't have to.

I think we should start pushing for the repeal, time we start actually playing 3D chess......
View Quote
I keep seeing this theme about "so my children won't have to."

Don't kid yourself.  Tyranny and oppression are eternal, and the battle against them will go on for as long as mankind exists.  We will never fight the last battle, and the best that can be hoped for is that we, and every future generation, will have the means and the will to continue the fight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Damn dude. That’s a terrible idea. First, Liberals are very thin skinned. Second, the needle tracks would make it leak if it rained. And third, that big yellow stripe down the back would clash with most anything else.

Make a lamp shade instead like Eva Braun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#37]
By the time that chapter of America gets here I will be an old and tired man......with nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself.  Tyranny and oppression are eternal, and the battle against them will go on for as long as mankind exists.  We will never fight the last battle, and the best that can be hoped for is that we, and every future generation, will have the means and the will to continue the fight.
View Quote
The LIBTARDS just can never figure out that there have been so many countries with mass slaughters just in the 20th century. USSR, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Central America, Armenia, PRC. Close to 200,000,000 killed by government.

And these shit for brains want me not to have any guns?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
By the time that chapter of America gets here I will be an old and tired man......with nothing to lose.
View Quote
Im already a grumpy bastard.  Let's do this.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The LIBTARDS just can never figure out that there have been so many countries with mass slaughters just in the 20th century. USSR, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, Central America, Armenia, PRC. Close to 200,000,000 killed by government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.  You think they find those mass killings to be offensive?  Deep down, I think a lot of them would be okay if someday, 50 million conservatives in America just "disappeared".  Like most of the German population during the Nazi era, as long as they didn't have to see it, hear it, or be involved in it, they could live with themselves.  And enjoy the results.  Remember, Hitler came to power through legal means, and his anti-Jewish rhetoric was well known.  It's not as if the German people elected the Nazis and then discovered they were virulently anti-Jew.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why bother, what good has it done us? You have a right to *own a pistol that you leave at home?
* you might
View Quote
Maybe in your communist shithole, but in Texas I carry my handgun just about everywhere. One of the main reasons I left California, and I had a carry permit in Cali before they even had permits in Texas. Then the LIBtards fucked that up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Of course.  You think they find those mass killings to be offensive?  Deep down, I think a lot of them would be okay if someday, 50 million conservatives in America just "disappeared".  Like most of the German population during the Nazi era, as long as they didn't have to see it, hear it, or be involved in it, they could live with themselves.  And enjoy the results.  Remember, Hitler came to power through legal means, and his anti-Jewish rhetoric was well known.  It's not as if the German people elected the Nazis and then discovered they were virulently anti-Jew.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LIBtards would be happy to see all conservatives marched to death camps, just because we have a different set of values.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's go time NOW!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#46]
IF the repeal scenario occurred, my prediction is a very dark first week. 90% fatalities of pro repeal politicians, their families, employees, with the remainder in hiding. All anti gun protesters are raked with weapons fire. Police are told if they work the protests, their families might not be alive at the end of their watch. The media will demand that the military take over, but I see them going live at CNN headquarters in panic and confusion as a base full of American Military staying true to their oaths buttstroke a Lemon and take over. Then it goes from dark to black as the abyss...

With all the troops recalled internationally and America’s stabilizing influence gone, South Korea would fall quickly, Israel would use nukes fighting for their lives. Russia would expand greater than the old USSR. China would blockade and takeover Taiwan. With the American Military fractured and Russia rolling up Europe, NATO won’t do shit.
Hogg sits in his daddy’s bed and sucks his thumb...
 No one can control and predict the outcome of that kind of civil war. That’s why they will continue to chip away slowly with “common sense” gun bans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is a dupe, but this really pisses me off that this even being considered:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/repealing-the-second-amendment-

Dave W.
View Quote
I agree with this.

If they want the 2nd amendment gone, let's have a constitutional convention.

And the civil war that would come with it.

Because once you open that can of worms, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It doesn't stop with the Second.
The totalitarian Left will roll on the First thereafter.
View Quote
You have no first if there is no second.

In the world there is ONE country where you have the freedom of speech.

It is also the only country where you have the right to guns.

Weird how that works.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
IF the repeal scenario occurred, my prediction is a very dark first week. 90% fatalities of pro repeal politicians, their families, employees, with the remainder in hiding. All anti gun protesters are raked with weapons fire. Police are told if they work the protests, their families might not be alive at the end of their watch. The media will demand that the military take over, but I see them going live at CNN headquarters in panic and confusion as a base full of American Military staying true to their oaths buttstroke a Lemon and take over. Then it goes from dark to black as the abyss...

With all the troops recalled internationally and America’s stabilizing influence gone, South Korea would fall quickly, Israel would use nukes fighting for their lives. Russia would expand greater than the old USSR. China would blockade and takeover Taiwan. With the American Military fractured and Russia rolling up Europe, NATO won’t do shit.
Hogg sits in his daddy’s bed and sucks his thumb...
 No one can control and predict the outcome of that kind of civil war. That’s why they will continue to chip away slowly with “common sense” gun bans.
View Quote
Who is going to raise the flag? Blow the charge? Be the leader of the Resistance?
Even those who are strong in their Pro 2A rights are sheep and mill about while the slaughter occurs because no HMFIC has stepped forth to lead them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top