Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/3/2006 8:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 5:42:49 AM EDT by shastacles]
I heard George Lucas mention something about re releasing these to show darth vaders "human" side. Anyone know more about this? Is it true? Details?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:09:10 PM EDT
Yeah, when are the original versions going to be released again?

Oh, never? Never mind.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:09:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shastacles:
I heard George Lucas mention something about re releasing these to show darth vaders "human" side. Anyone know more about this? Is it true? Details?

Already seen too much of his humanity; his mechanical side was the better side. Destroyed the dark mystique that was one of the best theatrical antagonists ever. Lucas did better w/ the originals by telling a straight story & keeping the relationship crap low-key. He blew it trying getting all sappy & "human" in the prequels, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:07:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Already seen too much of his humanity; his mechanical side was the better side. Destroyed the dark mystique that was one of the best theatrical antagonists ever. Lucas did better w/ the originals by telling a straight story & keeping the relationship crap low-key. He blew it trying getting all sappy & "human" in the prequels, IMO.

I dont disagree with you, but I did hear him mention a rerelease with some changes especially to Darth Vader. I am just asking if anyone else heard anything.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:09:39 AM EDT
So he's going to f$^K them up even more than he did the first time he edited? Great....

Glad I have the originals burned off laserdisc :)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:31:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
So he's going to f$^K them up even more than he did the first time he edited? Great....

Glad I have the originals burned off laserdisc :)

Girly Vader Voice: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:11:53 PM EDT
it's bad enough they took out Sebastian Shaw from the end of ROTJ
we don't ened any more "adjustments"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:48:27 AM EDT
Is Lucas going to re-do the originals again? Maybe have a few touching moments where Vader takes off his mask and has a few groups hugs with the generals, maybe give Luke a kiss before lopping his hand off?

Lucas is a tool.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:09:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
Is Lucas going to re-do the originals again? Maybe have a few touching moments where Vader takes off his mask and has a few groups hugs with the generals, maybe give Luke a kiss before lopping his hand off?

Lucas is a tool.

yes indeed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:36 PM EDT
Bad idea. Bad.
Top Top