Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:19:19 PM EDT
He spoke in Saudi yesterday slamming the President and the troops for abuses. Well.......

Monday, Feb. 13, 2006 6:27 p.m. EST

Al Gore Event Funded by Bin Laden's Family

The Saudi Arabia seminar that was addressed by former Vice President Al Gore over the weekend in a speech that criticized the U.S. for being too tough on Arabs was sponsored, in part, by Osama bin Laden's family.

On Saturday, the state-run Saudi news outlet Arab News reported that the Jeddah Economic Forum, where Gore spoke, was funded by "Saudi Arabian Airlines, the Saudi Binladin Group, Gulf One Investment Bank, Saudi Basic Industries Corp." and an array of other big companies with ties to the Middle East.

The Saudi BinLadin Group - which is Saudi Arabia's largest construction company - is run by Osama bin Laden's brothers and cousins. Jeddah, the site of the forum attended by Gore, is Osama bin Laden's hometown.

Although family members claim they've disowned bin Laden, his mother told reporters after the 9/11 attacks that she received advanced warning from him that something big was about to happen.

A wealthy bin Laden niece also reportedly abandoned her lower Manhattan apartment three weeks before the 9/11 attacks.

The BinLadin Group's longtime involvement in the Jeddah forum has been widely reported in the Mideast and European press.

In January 2002, ex-President Clinton addressed the JEF, which paid him $267,000 for his speech. According to London's Financial Times:

"The conference was dominated by the Saudis' desire to overcome the pressures of September 11 and strengthen U.S.-Saudi ties . . . The BinLadin Group, one of the forum's backers, has been battered by its association with Osama."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, I see a pattern here.

Remember algore shaking down the chicoms for political donations?

Seems algore has a problem recognizing our enemies. Fortunately I don't.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats funny.. You say Al Gore has a problem seeing who the enemy is, but who immediately flew the majority of the Bin Laden family out of the United States after 9/11?

I guess people will see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe, but trying to accuse someone of such things without a decent argument... To me thats piss poor..

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats funny.. You say Al Gore has a problem seeing who the enemy is, but who immediately flew the majority of the Bin Laden family out of the United States after 9/11?

I guess people will see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe, but trying to accuse someone of such things without a decent argument... To me thats piss poor..

That is bullshit and has been shown to be so many times over.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet he voted for Al Gore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Dan better do your homework homie.Read the final report the 9/11 Commision came out with.They debunked that one.

Stop getting your news from Michael Moore's shitty documentaries
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bored over at DU?

Those charges are false and untrue...except to a moonbat liberal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill O'Reilly reported a couple of hours ago Al Gore said in that speech "Arabs across America are being dragged out and treated brutally" (paraphrased from what I recall).  I'm eager to read the text of his speech.  If it was reported correctly I can quickly reach the conclusion Al Gore is a traitor to this country--and an enemy.  

Giving uninvolved members of a murderer's family safe passage out of the country is hardly "aiding and abetting" the enemy.  Nice try though.  

Apparently that entire bunch is all about treason for they know that nothing will be done to them.  Look at Hanoi John and Jane.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I am just glad that asshole is not my Commander in Chief.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't feed the trolls and Looks like more treason from the Left.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Don't feed the trolls and Looks like more treason from the Left.

I called treason last night right after I heard what he said. He doesnt care about America, just his power, that he doesnt have anymore.
It would be funny if it wasnt so dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Where is Micheal Moore?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I guess people will see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe,

Yes they will. Especially when they think Mikey Moore's 9/11 film was factual. There is no accounting for crazy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Think about just how close that guy came to winning the presidency. I shudder to think of where we might be today.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#17]
EDDAH, Feb 12: Former US vice-president Al Gore on Sunday said that the US government had committed ‘terrible abuses’ against Arabs living in America after 9/11 attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Mr Gore said the Bush administration was playing into Al Qaeda’s hands by routinely blocking Saudi applications for US visas.

“The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake,” Mr Gore said at the Jeddah Economic Forum. “The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States.”

The former US vice-president told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated in US universities, that Arabs in the United States had been “indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable.”

“Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it’s wrong. I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country.”

He explained that American emotions were running high after the attacks.

Mr Gore complained of ‘endemic hyper-corruption’ among Tehran’s religious and political elite and asked Arabs to take a stand against Iran’s nuclear programme because of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s statements against Israel.—AP

Al Gore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top