That was excellent.

Yes, it was.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
VERY Good article!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I had forgotten about this LAPD incident:

This was hardly an isolated incident; only a few years prior to the NYPD convictions more than 70 LAPD officers associated with the city’s anti-gang unit were found to have been deeply involved in gang-affiliated criminal enterprises connected to the Bloods street gang. Their crimes ranged from the familiar police transgressions of falsifying evidence, obstructing justice, and selling drugs seized in arrests to such traditional outlaw fare as bank robbery — they were cops and robbers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
It boggles my mind that a single minority member would support gun control.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

VERY Good article!
Yup. Good read.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent article.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Good article.

He wrote a book titled, "The End Is Near and It's Going to Be Awesome?"

Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That was excellent.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Good article, thanks OP!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good article, thanks OP!

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Very well written.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Good read.

I never quite trust the National Review though - too establishment.

Witness the way they threw John Derbyshire under the bus.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good article, thanks OP!

yup
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Great article OP
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]
So much win-

“Why would anybody need a gun like that?” And the answer is: because we are not serfs. We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good read.

They do seem to have tilted strongly towards neoconservatism and away from actual conservatism, although they still have some good conservative contributors.  Ramesh Ponnuru has some rather progressive views; one can contrast him rather sharply with Bill Buckley.  I still find the magazine intereting to read, though, and it can help elucidate the thought of some of the more establishment Republicans.

I'm trying to find a solid conservative alternative to subscribe to right now.  Modern Age is a quarterly, unfortunately; I would like something that arrives frequently like NR.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good read.

They do seem to have tilted strongly towards neoconservatism and away from actual conservatism, although they still have some good conservative contributors.  Ramesh Ponnuru has some rather progressive views; one can contrast him rather sharply with Bill Buckley.  I still find the magazine intereting to read, though, and it can help elucidate the thought of some of the more establishment Republicans.

I'm trying to find a solid conservative alternative to subscribe to right now.  Modern Age is a quarterly, unfortunately; I would like something that arrives frequently like NR.

City Journal is quite good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So much win-

“Why would anybody need a gun like that?” And the answer is: because we are not serfs. We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled.

I read that also and agree wholeheartidly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So much win-

I was going to quote that part.  Good thing I scrolled down first.  

That's a line we all need to remember!  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good read.

I was impressed by one of their contributors (or columnist, I forget), a Frenchman named Guy, who was a guest on the Dennis Praeger show a couple of years ago.  Wish I knew his last name.  They had a rather intellectual conversation.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Gotta bump this one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#25]
One last bump for an exceptional read-
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It was a good read.  Thanks.

Agreed
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good read.

I was impressed by one of their contributors (or columnist, I forget), a Frenchman named Guy, who was a guest on the Dennis Praeger show a couple of years ago.  Wish I knew his last name.  They had a rather intellectual conversation.

The American Conservative is pretty good too.  A good read on Hungary's new constitution.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good read.

The American Conservative is pretty good too.  A good read on Hungary's new constitution.

I remember you sending me that article.  I'll have to take a look at them.  Have you read the American Spectator?  I believe I've read a good article from there but I have no experience with it beyond that.  Looking at the City Journal's page, I'm not sure how much I'd be into "urban policy," but I wonder how much outside tht the magazine covers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top