Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 5:33:19 AM EDT
I've thought about doing this and wonder what would be the possible negative affects.

The plan:
With hillary and obama as the front runners and NY probably (?) not a lock for hillary, a vote for obama and hopefully a loss in her 'home' (HAHAHAHAHAHA) state would be pretty embarassing..... and we can definitely beat obama.

But:
In a heavy Guliani state (GOP wise), I'd want to get a vote in for thompson on the NY GOP primary....  Also not a lock for Guliani IMO.

I'm in NY so it's not like i tip the balance of party-registered voters, but what say you arfkom?

Try and tank hillary (the leader but not a lock IMO) or try and push thompson (not the leader, but not out of the question)?

Also, I should probably ask, is this illegal?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Well you have to have party affiliation to vote in the primary. So how are you going to vote twice when you're name will only be on the list once?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a registered democrat for this reason.  It also allows me to go to the party caucuses and petition for the gun control plank to be removed from the party platform.

It is not illegal (at least here), I get to attempt to change party politics from within and it does not affect who I support or vote for in the election.

SRM (the DINO)
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Nay.  We don't fly planes into Muslim buildings because we're better than those that we fight.  Same deal here...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Being in blue WA, I always do it. Its an old card game strategy called sandbagging.

If everyone on ar15.com voted for Obama in the primary,  Hillary would be done, and ultimately the Dems and Obama would be done.

He may win the primary, but is nowhere near electable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am a registered democrat for this reason.  It also allows me to go to the party caucuses and petition for the gun control plank to be removed from the party platform.

It is not illegal (at least here), I get to attempt to change party politics from within and it does not affect who I support or vote for in the election.

SRM (the DINO)

Good Idea...
I think ALL of US should register DEMOCRAT to stir things up...
Repubs have become the Total Suck...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
No, it is not illegal.

Forgive my ignorance but aren't primaries won by popular vote on a national scale?  (Meaning that "winning states" doesn't mean what it does for a presidential election because of the electoral college).  

If so you are better off just being in the party of the candidate you want to be the next president.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, it is not illegal.

Forgive my ignorance but aren't primaries won by popular vote on a national scale?  (Meaning that "winning states" doesn't mean what it does for a presidential election because of the electoral college).  

If so you are better off just being in the party of the candidate you want to be the next president.
\

I thought primaries are by state?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
the thought of that makes me think of the guy I was in the Navy with, who was prepared to let a ghey suck him off just so he could then punch the ghey in his head for being a ghey.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]

as is readily apparent by the current state of us political affairs, liberals have been infiltrating the republican party for many years.

i don't see why we couldn't do the same and have it pay off in the long run.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
the thought of that makes me think of the guy I was in the Navy with, who was prepared to let a ghey suck him off just so he could then punch the ghey in his head for being a ghey.

Good analogy
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Your Navy buddy was what they call a homosexual.  I hope you didn't catch it from him.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
What's with fears of it being illegal? How could it possibly be illegal to register as a political party member? What, are "they" going to monitor your water cooler conversations and decide that you aren't really a Democrat, so that registering Democrat is somehow a crime? I think this country could be considered to be 100% done for if some group has the authority to charge you with a crime for registering for the wrong political party.

I'm a little leery of playing these kind of games. It may be useful in some special cases, but I think that it's generally better to just register as the party that best represents your views and vote for the best candidate for the job. I would do it like that unless there is a clear advantage to going as a Democrat, such as if it's for a local office and the Democrats have a lock on the district so that this is the only way for you to effectively affect the election.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Being in blue WA, I always do it. Its an old card game strategy called sandbagging.

If everyone on ar15.com voted for Obama in the primary,  Hillary would be done, and ultimately the Dems and Obama would be done.

He may win the primary, but is nowhere near electable.

Really?  If every posting here were a vote for Obama, we would have a tally of ~15 million...then he might have a chance.

Scale.  We are but a tiny fraction of the population.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top