Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2002 12:14:26 PM EDT
I have severe astigmatism and the aimpoint dot is a diagnal blur.  It is an MXD and can it be corrected or do I have to sell it and get something else?  Could use some help on this since I just finished building my firt and wanted to run it through with the aimpoint setup.  Oh yeah, thanks Kurt for squareing away the headspace problem.(Tried to fix some spelling, not all just some.)
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing that will fix that is either a better eyeglass prescription, lasik or intacs. It would be next to impossible to distort the dot to your specific astigmatism so it looks round.

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got mild astigmatism in both eyes. the dot often looks like a comet, or like it's got a blurry flare or tail off to one side. I mostly notice it against a very dark background, especially indoors at night. Reducing the brightness of the dot seems to help some, but it can be annoying just the same.

I wear contacts. Wishing lasik was 100% guaranteed and affordable...
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I wear contacts. Wishing lasik was 100% guaranteed and affordable...
View Quote

I have been checking into intacs. The big plus  is that the procedure is reversible and can be changed if your vision does. I am too poor to get it done though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Try one of the 7MOA and 10MOA Comp M-XD and the Comp M2 and ML2 scopes.  I have found that the 7MOA scope has a perfect dot for me and the M2/ML2 is almost as good.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I might as well sell the setup.  I'm 60 and the eyes have been bad since grade school.  My stepson has weighted contact lens and he has problems with the aimpoint dot also.  When he blinks the contacts move then come back to normal but they still drive him nuts.  Sad part is that I bought an MXD and an MLXD from Wes at MSTN and put my first AR15 together last week.  What's a good price for each?(I know that I'm a pain in the butt with this but the building was fun.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top