Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:15:54 AM EDT
We women are more comfortable going into fabric stores than are men.

Today, many high school kids are even forbidden to wear red, white and blue!  It might hurst the illegals' 'sensitivities'  

We can all go to our local fabric stores, buy up hundreds of yards of red, white and blue ribbons and attatch safety pins, then give these patriotic lapel pins out to everyone we can give them to!!!

It's cheap!  It's fun!  It works!

We're just wearing the red, white and blue America's high school kids are forbidden to wear.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We women are more comfortable going into fabric stores than are men.

Today, many high school kids are even forbidden to wear red, white and blue!  It might hurst the illegals' 'sensitivities'  

We can all go to our local fabric stores, buy up hundreds of yards of red, white and blue ribbons and attatch safety pins, then give these patriotic lapel pins out to everyone we can give them to!!!

It's cheap!  It's fun!  It works!

We're just wearing the red, white and blue America's high school kids are forbidden to wear.

The madness obviously hasn't reached this far. Patriotism is still encouraged in the schools here. (Our son's HS still has a rifle team - which my husband was on many, many, MANY moons ago.)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy Cow, are you serious?  Your kid's high school advises against wearing patriotic colors?  There would be a lynching in our town if that was the case.

Patty
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Not around here, but the kids in this school cited below:

http://tinyurl.com/lp8m8

and others are forbidden to wear anything vaguely patriotic.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The madness obviously hasn't reached this far. Patriotism is still encouraged in the schools here. (Our son's HS still has a rifle team - which my husband was on many, many, MANY moons ago.)

Well, we have red white an blue days at our kids' school: September 11th, Friday before Memorial Day, Flag Day, etc...kids are ASKED to wear patriotic colors to school!

If any school disctrict told my kids they could NOT be patriotic, I'd hoist a huge campaign locally to have those school officials fired. Go to your local paper and local stations and raise HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
psyops4fun I couldn't get your picture to show.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well, we have red white an blue days at our kids' school: September 11th, Friday before Memorial Day, Flag Day, etc...kids are ASKED to wear patriotic colors to school!

Same here. I don't think that unpatriotic crap would go over at all well in this area.

We'd definitely start a crusade if they tried it.

I can't view that page either.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Try this copy and paste:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0%2C1299%2CDRMN_15_4588152%2C00.html

(an article from Drudge Report about highschoolers at one school forbidden to wear any kind of flag or patriotic things, even national colors)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
hell....if I had kids, and that happened at thier school, I'd be a real ass and go out and buy them a buncha red/white shirts and nice dark blue jeans and make'em wear it everyday......It shows how sad times are when somewhere you can't wear your countries colors because it offends someone who immigrated to this country? Hell last time I checked my farther and mother immigrated here, and the only flag I see out front is an american one. Those politically correct people go too far sometimes
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn....I live in a bastion of PC libtards, Last CHRISTMAS they were petitioned not to put the minora as they have been for decades in front of the local HS. First they caved, then they didnt, then they caved again,(kerryland) then THEY just put it up period as traditionl. .....MY thoughts...go back to where your sensitivites are so well catered to asshole.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Patty, where in Oregon are you, if you don't mind me asking. I'm from Salem, and had to get out and get away from the overwhelming liberalism. I was just curious....you must not be in the valley
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Patty, where in Oregon are you, if you don't mind me asking. I'm from Salem, and had to get out and get away from the overwhelming liberalism. I was just curious....you must not be in the valley

No, I live in Eastern Oregon -- near [semi] Pendleton.  Nice to meet you.  Have you visited our Home Town Forum yet?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#12]
only a little.....I'm planning on moving back in December....Libtards WATCH OUT!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Yellow ribbons are a good project as well.

Heck, you wanna do something really worthwhile, find out when and where troops are coming home from Iraq and go give them the ribbons, a handshake, and a thank you.

At DFW they come in almost every day.

We really need to make sure our troops know we support them, no matter what you think about the war. They suffer the most from the liberal babble and attacks about the war. I've got good friends in the Corps and I know even just a handshake from a stranger can make their day. Especially if it's from a pretty lady.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, there are schools in the USA that are against patriotism? I go into fabric stores all the time (I'm a guy, and I make gear for my friends and people around the US). Big deal. Next time I go in, I think I'll ask for one foot of red, one of white, and one of blue. My school is EXTREMELY patriotic, but that doesn't mean I don't need to strap a ribbon on my pack to wear around. Hell, every ballcap I have has an American flag on it, except one. And I wear my "MLI" shirt to school. I've gotten shit for that tons of times though. Almost suspended once.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Try this copy and paste:

Make the linky hot for the children

(an article from Drudge Report about highschoolers at one school forbidden to wear any kind of flag or patriotic things, even national colors)

OK..I did NOT read the whole article...but judging from the first few sentences, I'm guessing this is not so much anti-Patriotism we're seeing here, but rather an effort to quell racial tensions that are peaking over the Mexican immigration battle.

I think the school dept is merely trying to prevent race riots by banning it all. Not saying it's right...just saying this is not anti-patriotism as much as it's "Let's ban it all so we don't have to deal with the fallout."

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Reading the article I see their point of view. Shame on the parents that have not instilled honor and respect for your Nation's Flag, regardless of the nation:

Excerpt from article: "The flags no longer were being used as symbols of patriotism or of cultural heritage, but of ethnic intimidation, harassment and blatant bigotry," Stumpf said.

This is the real problem, and though it's a GREAT idea, sadly all the ribbons in the world won't fix it.  What chaps my arse is the fact that I would think if the illegals that want so much to stay in this country and are chanting nationwide they are not criminals, but lovers of the American way of life...ya think one of 'em might throw a shirt with an American Flag across their back.  In all the protest photos I have seen from across this country, I have seen not one protester with an American flag....But, I guess that's for a different thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top