Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 9:36:23 AM EDT
Any of you have any experience with a small thin lightweight red dot or holographic or fiber optic type optic sight that would work well on the Sig Trailside?
Prefer the thin ring type instead of a big tube type as it will e on the one the wife and kids use and weight is a factor. My wife and one of my boys has a hard time closing one eye and neither of them can focus well enough on the sights and target to get the accuracy they want. Also we discovered the other day that my wife shoots even better with her right eye closed and using left eye while she is right handed, seemed odd but it worked very well for her so I didnt harp on her too much.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like an OKO red dot might fit your description. They are quality/reliable items and are affordable ($200).Try CAV ARMS or do a search.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.docteropticsusa.com/images/DOCTERsight.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
For a red dot , an inexpensive <$125 1" Millet or BSA should work fine or for a better dot try an Ultra Dot for aprox $ 130-140. Halo types are neat but not as robust as a good dot...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hakko mk III.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had both a 30mm tasco red dot and a weaver 4x scope on it.  for accurate shooting you can't beat the magnification.  for fast shooting the red dot is the perfect option.  in the end the red dot stayed on mine.  i found that i was super quick with it and that i was acheiving sufficent accuracy with it (over the iron sights).

sloth
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.
I think it will probably be the OKO Reflex.
Might slap one on an M4 as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top