Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:52:49 AM EDT
I watched Red Dawn last night.  It had been over 10 years.  There are some interesting messages to gun owners.  I recommend watching this one again if you have not seen it in a while.

From Wikipedia:

Red Dawn depicts collaboration, portraying the local mayor as someone who works with the occupational forces. Actor Lane Smith plays the role of the "Vichyste" mayor who tries to appease the occupational authorities. He watches as several of the residents of his town are executed as reprisal hostages and later gives up his own son (who is later executed by the Wolverines as a result) to the KGB.

Director John Milius portrays the private ownership of weapons as a necessary element of anti-Communism. Early in the film, a bumper sticker seen on a truck states a classic gun owner’s creed: "They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers." The shot moves down to a dead man's hand holding an M1911 Colt pistol, which a Soviet paratrooper later picks up. As the protagonists flee the initial invasion of Calumet, they stop at a local sporting goods store owned by one of their fathers. He tells them to gather supplies and gives them several rifles, shotguns, and pistols along with boxes of ammunition (the father and his wife are later executed because of the guns missing from the store’s inventory). In a later scene, Colonel Bella, the Cuban officer, instructs the KGB to go to the local sporting goods store and obtain the paperwork of local citizens who own firearms as likely suspects of trouble. The Cuban officer specifically refers to Form 4473, which is the actual BATF form used to record the sale of a firearm by a dealer to a private citizen in the United States, suggesting an inherent danger in laws that require firearm registration in such a situation. Later in the film the Wolverines make almost exclusive use of captured Soviet weapons such as AKMs, RPKs, and RPGs from their first engagement onwards for greater effectiveness.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/16/2009 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I caught that the first time I saw it, which was fairly recently. I was impressed by that bit in the movie. I doubt the remake will be nearly as good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I caught that the first time I saw it, which was fairly recently. I was impressed by that bit in the movie. I doubt the remake will be nearly as good.

Untill it comes out and I see it, I will refer to it as "Redrawn".

Rob
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#4]
It might be pro gun. Theirs a new trend in america. Its called. Arm yourself. OR be a victim.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob

LOL

Hollywood has a hard time making "real" movies anymore.

The form 4473 is a type of registration.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob

LOL

It sure is.  Proof is in my hand.  Letter from the BATF asking that I contact them regarding a rifle I bought in 2002.  I haven't decided whether to shred it or have my lawyer call them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It might be pro gun. Theirs a new trend in america. Its called. Arm yourself. OR be a victim.
Amerika.

Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope all these scenes are in the new one. I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It sure is.  Proof is in my hand.  Letter from the BATF asking that I contact them regarding a rifle I bought in 2002.  I haven't decided whether to shred it or have my lawyer call them.

Is this a rifle you still own or did you sell it? Crap like this is why I prefer FTF transactions.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rob

LOL

lawyer or call them and tell them to fuck off

Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#11]

better one...
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#12]

It needs to be Eric Holder instead...
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The lesson to be learned here, if SHTF, to make sure Americans get to the 4473's before the Commies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top