Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:37:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:55:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:59:40 PM EST
I have used jconnect to receive a few faxes but I have never sent one. It's free and they give you a fax number to receive them and they are sent to your email addy. I got it a while ago but it might be worth checking out. Hope it helps
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:01:02 PM EST
God, I wish faxes would DIEEEEEEEE!

Seriously, scanning and emailing a document has gotten trivially easy - dare I say easier than sending a fax on some machines. HP makes scanners that - upon pressing a single button on the scanner - has your document scanned and attached to an email, leaving you with the simple task of typing an email address and clicking "send".

I hate that in this day and age, I still have to keep a fax machine around. There's really no reason for it. I mean come on, who doesn't have internet access?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:02:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 6:03:03 PM EST by Xyster7212]
I use MyFax.com for sending in receipts for our worthless new expense reporting system. It's $10/month for 100 pages sent and 200 received. It's worked flawlessly so far, and supports a wide variety of file formats.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:03:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:06:23 PM EST
I've had efax for about three years and never any complaints. Love it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:37:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 6:39:26 PM EST by Skibane]
I played around with several internet-based fax services, but none of them were particularly cheap or easy to use. A $50 plain paper fax machine turned out to be a superior solution - I always have a printed copy of the fax waiting for me (no need to check e-mail), and sending faxes doesn't require any scanner, fax software, etc.

Originally Posted By DVDTracker:
I don't want the hassle of getting a second phone line and running a fax machine for the small volume I have.

You don't need a second phone line - just a second phone number for your existing line (typically called "distinctive ring" or "personalized ring" service). It costs just a buck a month in most areas. Most modern fax machines can be set up to recognize the different ring pattern and automatically pick up only for incoming faxes.

Top Top