Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:29:41 AM EDT
My wife and I just picked out a new electric range to put in the kitchen after much research. We knew we wanted a microwave to go above it, but hadn't researched those at all, so we bought the matching one. Both the range and this microwave are scheduled to be delivered Monday.

Well with black Friday and all, I did a bit of research on the microwave we currently have ordered and the vast majority of the reviews across lowes, home depot, amazon, etc are all very negative on this microwave. Not only is it noisy, but is prone to breaking important circuit boards that cost $350+ to repair. I've also seen a few reports of this microwave even being a fire hazard and melting electrical outlets. Plus multiple reports of completely awful customer service by Frigidaire

Needless to say, I'm in no way committed to it and think I'm going to jump ship.

Lowes has all Samsung microwaves on sale for black Friday today 35% off, and I was considering going with them as I have many Samsung products and they have served me well, and the limited issues I have had, Samsung customer service has handled excellently (even when I reported a problem 2 years after the warranty was up, they still fixed it free).

But, really what I'm wondering is if anyone can recommend a decent over the range microwave?

Budget: $250

We only have 2 requirements

-Stainless exterior
-Non convection

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
They are all the same, really.  Get the one that fits, looks the best, is the best price, and has the best warranty.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you are replacing the microwave with another one you will need to rebuild the cabinetry over the range.

Clearance will be off otherwise.

(not mentioned so I thought I would jump in)

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you have enough room... If the cabinet wasn't built with one in mind, you may not have enough room to cook. Measure, then see if the bottom would interfere with your cooking/pots.

I personally cannot stand them above the stove, yes it looks good, but it can be a pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top