Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 4:50:19 PM EDT
I was considering getting an Ekorn Stressless Chair, but the prices are a bit out there.  Any suggestions for a nice, comfortable recliner?  Also, I'd like a fabric that is "cat resistant" with regards to clawing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Greywolf,
I don't know much about brands, but I'd say go to a reputable chain furniture store.  Lane, I've heard is a good brand.  IIRC our sofa is made by them.  I don't know about fabrics, but leather wouldn't be a good choice.  Then again, we have a leather recliner(actually a part of a sectional that was on clearance) that the cats we have had(we've owned it for about 6 years or so)  don't ever go near it.
I don't know what chain stores you have down in Florida.

Good luck.

Deej

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
No opinions on recliners, eh?  Hmm.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with a nice cushy Lazy Boy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2 They have a lot of different "models" to choose from.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Barcalounger...accept no substitutes!!

I got two of them in my rec room where the big TV is.  They've managed to stay functional despite all the abuse I've hurled at them, including a buddy who has to be 300lbs, for over 5 years.  

Lots of models?  I got your lots of models right here:

http://www.blacklion.com/barcaloungergallery.asp

A real "lounger" knows that leather is NOT the preferred cover of choice for resting your ass on for 8 hours at a stretch.   Ask me how I know!  

Mine are cloth, some sort of faux suede stuff I had double coated with Scothguard.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, Fenian.  I'll check those out!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Recliner advice.
Plasma TV advice.

...hmmm?
ARFCOM Kegger at Greywolf's place next weekend!!!

(You don't mind, do you Greywolf?)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Recliner advice.
Plasma TV advice.

...hmmm?

ROFL LMAO!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Recliner advice.
Plasma TV advice.

...hmmm?

ROFL!  Well, I WILL be moving in to my place that weekend and could use some moving help - and THEN we'll do the Kegger!

Seriously, the wife and I have been living on hand-me-down furniture for 16 years now.  Now that we are finally making some decent scratch, we're looking at some major upgrades to furniture, electronics, etc.  Woot!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an off name brand from the base furniture store.  It is just as good as the lazy boy that I got rid of before I bought it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#12]
We have three Lazy-Boy recliners at the fire station that have held up for over ten years of daily use and abuse. Mechanically they are still in great shape, they have been cleaned a few times and for the most part they have been great chairs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top